UK Gov to Start Installing Cameras In Private Homes

Richie Rich

• Administrators

OK, maybe they should then put cameras in all of the senators, members of congress, the white house, Parliament, etc...and put it on a network cable channel 24/7 so the whole country can spy on them. I'd like to see if they'd go for that.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Frey

• timm525

And then some - access to your personal checking account too. It's in the bill. real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. ... Let's hear from someone on the left' date=' who has studied the matter, and is also an intelligent author, and a supporter of Obama. Fascinating article by Camille Paglia. No friend of conservatives, she takes the Dems to task for their obsessive march toward big government, brutalizes Nancy Pelosi and speaks the truth about the healthcare reform fiasco.[i']Obama's healthcare horrorHeads should roll -- beginning with Nancy Pelosi's!By Camille Pagliahttp://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/08/12/town_halls/Wow. :eek:
I saw that article this morning before going to work. I seldom agree with her politics, but she knows her stuff.
OK' date=' maybe they should then put cameras in all of the senators, members of congress, the white house, Parliament, etc...and put it on a network cable channel 24/7 so the whole country can spy on them. I'd like to see if they'd go for that.[/quote']Don't stop there, Timm. How about "death panels" for Teddy Kennedy and Robert KKK Byrd?Maybe we should have access to their bank accounts too.

real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. ... Let's hear from someone on the left" data-date=" who has studied the matter, and is also an intelligent author, and a supporter of Obama. Fascinating article by Camille Paglia. No friend of conservatives, she takes the Dems to task for their obsessive march toward big government, brutalizes Nancy Pelosi and speaks the truth about the healthcare reform fiasco.[I">

Obama's healthcare horrorHeads should roll -- beginning with Nancy Pelosi's!By Camille Pagliahttp://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/08/12/town_halls/Wow. :eek:

WOW is right!! This is from a very, very left leaning writer too!This is VERY important for Obama to pass this. He MUST pass this. They have the upper hand, as they can pass this even if we don't want it.Is this really what you voted for?Many say no,... we just wanted to get the corrupt Bush administration out. It was a protest vote AGAINST the Bush administration.By todays standards, JFK would be a conservative with his views on the deficit, building a stong economy, and having a stong military.What have we done America? What have we done?

On August 22nd. there's going to be "Recess Rallies" all over the country. People are going to go to their congress and senate offices and protest obamacare. I'm usually one to just keep my feelings to myself and other close friends, but if I don't speak now, I might not get the chance to again. Time to stand up and be counted! :fireworks:

I read an article that states what I believe."Most who voted for Obama, were in a state of euphoria when he was elected. Unfortunately, they will have too much "pride" to admit that they were taken by the "CHANGE" slogan and excitement to admit that they were wrong."Who is currently wearing an Obama shirt and Obama bumper stickers will admit they made a mistake? Not many.

I found this funny.I heard Obama talking to the masses about Government Health Care. People are worried that they won't have thier private health insurance anymore, and Goverment health care is too expensive and Government programs always seem to fail.Obama stated that there shouldn't be any problem with the two co-existing, (private and Government run). "For example" he said, Private companies can compete. They compete all the time. Look at FED EX and UPS. They are privately owned postal carriers, and the last time I looked, they are doing just fine."What makes this funny, and shows he doesn't know what's going on, is, oh yes, FED EX and UPS are doing just fine. .......but the U.S. GOVERNMENT POSTAL SERVICE last year was 2.8 BILLION dollars in debt! This year, it could total 6 BILLION dollars in debt!!! :D:D:DBIG GOVERNMENT = BIG PROBLEMS!!!GAWD that was funny! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just to maintain some sort of balance!...http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/subjects/health/
St. Petersburg Times - Ha. Yeah - they are a real bastion of journalistic integrity. More like Politi - Work -Of - Fiction .comWhat people in Tampa Bay think of this paper:
After living in The Tampa Bay area for fifty years' date=' my main observation regarding the SP Times is it is an extremely liberal publication. A NY Times wannabe, the Times sports a heavy-handed host of left-falling editors focused more on expanding their ideology and aiding Democratic candidates than producing a balanced or credible newspaper.[/quote']But thanks for that link - I even watched CNN this morning to get a taste of the stuff the extreme left believes. They were totally trashing the insurance industry - and made it clear that everyone in this industry is evil and will burn in hell forever. I guess it suits them to turn up the level of hate and gets more people hating and fighting. Maybe it improves their ratings when that happens. I hope all the insurers who buy ads on CNN will cancel.Thanks for posting both of those links, pal. I read both and I am glad that you joined the debate.

St. Petersburg Times - Ha. Yeah - they are a real bastion of journalistic integrity. More like Politi - Work -Of - Fiction .com

but they won the Pulitzer Prize for 2009 :confused:http://www.pulitzer.org/citation/2009-National-Reportingthey have a go at both liberals and conservatives...:confused:Well' date=' the discussion was mainly one-sided in this forum, i.e. NO to Obama's healthcare reform! so I thought maybe a little something for the other "side"...Over here in the UK, the NHS has many flaws but I'm still glad it exists. And you can still get private care if you want - it just costs quite a bit. I think a goverment-run healthcare system works for countries with small populations like in Scandanavia, since its alot easier to manage. I don't know if modelling a system in the US based on the Scandanavian countries would work though. But I also don't think people should get so afraid - I watch Foxnews sometimes, and there's alot of scaremongering! Everyone, please check out the following, albeit straight from the Whitehouse, which addresses some issues/concerns about the Health Insurance Reform...[url']http://www.whitehouse.gov/realitycheck/Now I await the energetic, "vociferous" rebuttal!

I found this funny.I heard Obama talking to the masses about Government Health Care. People are worried that they won't have thier private health insurance anymore' date=' and Goverment health care is too expensive and Government programs always seem to fail.Obama stated that there shouldn't be any problem with the two co-existing, (private and Government run). "For example" he said, Private companies can compete. They compete all the time. Look at FED EX and UPS. They are privately owned postal carriers, and the last time I looked, they are doing just fine."What makes this funny, and shows he doesn't know what's going on, is, oh yes, FED EX and UPS are doing just fine. .......but the U.S. GOVERNMENT POSTAL SERVICE last year was 2.8 BILLION dollars in debt! This year, it could total 6 BILLION dollars in debt!!! :D:D:DBIG GOVERNMENT = BIG PROBLEMS!!!GAWD that was funny! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[/quote']When it was first said the Postal Service was 2.8 bil. in debt, I wondered why they couldn't bail it out with money from the $780 Billion stimulous they have to spend, or better yet, waste! It would be a drop in the bucket.......like $2.80 out of $780.....to put it on our level.

• Administrators
[QUOTE">

After living in The Tampa Bay area for fifty years' date=' my main observation regarding the SP Times is it is an extremely liberal publication. A NY Times wannabe, the Times sports a heavy-handed host of left-falling editors focused more on expanding their ideology and aiding Democratic candidates than producing a balanced or credible newspaper.[/quote']

I live in the Tampa Bay Area and I couldn't agree more!

But thanks for that link - I even watched CNN this morning to get a taste of the stuff the extreme left believes. They were totally trashing the insurance industry - and made it clear that everyone in this industry is evil and will burn in hell forever. I guess it suits them to turn up the level of hate and gets more people hating and fighting. Maybe it improves their ratings when that happens. I hope all the insurers who buy ads on CNN will cancel.Thanks for posting both of those links' date=' pal. I read both and I am glad that you joined the debate.[/quote']I don't mind CNN. If I want total left-wing lunacy (or need a good laugh) I watch MSNBC. :rolleyes: I read both links too. Thanks for posting them, bubba. We allow for diverity of opinion here ;)Here's an article from April of this year where Obama talks about wether someone who's temanally ill should get a hip replacement (or any other life-extending care).http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/01/us/politics/30web-baker.html

How my daily newspaper is commenting on the debate:If you are suspicious of comparative statistics, consult any American who has encountered the NHS. Often they cannot believe what has happened to them - the squalor, and looming threat of MRSA; the long waiting lists, and especially the official target that patients in 'accident and emergency' should be expected to wait for no more than four - four! - hours; the sense exuded by some medical staff that they are doing you a favour by taking down your personal details. Most Americans, let's face it, are used to much higher standards of healthcare than we enjoy, even after the doubling of the NHS budget under New Labour. Of course, the U.S. is a somewhat richer country, but I doubt its superior health service can be mainly attributed to this advantage. Americans should beware of any proposals that might threaten their standards, though President Obama is right to want to extend them to the poor. As for us, it is time we accepted that the NHS is not the envy of the world, if it ever was. Even though it may not deserve many of the brickbats being thrown at it by Right-wing American critics, the practice of rationing expensive cancer drugs and treatments is undoubtedly more widespread in Britain than it is in America. The principle of equal healthcare for everyone regardless of income is a precious one. The fact is, though, that there are other, better ways to achieve this than through an increasingly inefficient, centrally planned leviathan set up over 60 years ago.The President is discovering that people are apt to want to defend and preserve what they have. The same is true of we British and our lumbering health service. The difference, though, is that what the Americans have is, for the most part, better than the NHS. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1206149/STEPHEN-GLOVER-I-deeply-resent-Americans-sneering-health-service---thats-truth-hurts.html#ixzz0OBtb88RB(Obama's realtive WOULD NOT have had the hip repair in the UK, she would have been treated Palliatively)

Very nice post Chloe.I appreciate you posting the views on the other side of the pond. It's important that we know what health care is like over there.It's not good.

Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America 's true living legends- an>> acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated>> speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the>> foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does>> business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as>> "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales >> and>> Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 >> years,>> made corporate history.>>>> AN OPEN LETTER TO>>>> PRESIDENT OBAMA>>>>>>>> Dear President Obama:>>>>>>>> You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any >> of>> the others, you truly scare me.>>>>>> You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.>>>>>>>> You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy>> League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible>> signs of support.>>>>>> You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth >> growing>> up in America and culturally you are not an American.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't>> understand it at its core.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming >> others.>>>>>>>> You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself >> with>> radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce>> these radicals who wish to see America fail.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' >> crowd>> and deliver this message abroad.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you want to change America to a European style >> country>> where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.>>>>>> You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a>> government controlled one.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing >> on>> our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that>> lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the>> world.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against>> certain banks and corporations>>>>>>>> You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging >> you>> on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider>> opposing points of view from intelligent people.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent >> and>> omniscient.>>>>>>>> You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you >> do.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs,>> Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of>> view.>>>>>>>> You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.>>>>>>>> Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably>> not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.>>>>>>>> Lou Pritchett>>>>

Cash for Clunkers Program Taking Dealers to the Cleaners, But Don't Worry, The Fed Gov Will Do Just Fine Taking Over The Country's Health Care System, Right ?!Dealers yet to see most Cash for Clunkers paymentsBy STEPHEN MANNING (AP) –

WASHINGTON — Auto dealers say they still haven't been repaid for the majority of Cash for Clunkers deals they have made, creating cash crunches for many as they wait for the government to reimburse them under the popular $3 billion vehicle trade-in program.Duane Paddock, who owns a Chevrolet dealership near Buffalo, N.Y., said dealers may stop selling clunkers under the program because of the funding lags."I've got dealers who are reporting to me that they've got over $3 million that they've fronted and they haven't been paid anything. It's just killing dealer cash flow right now," said Paddock, who serves as co-chair of GM's northeast region dealer council. A survey of about one-fifth of Virginia's 519 dealerships done this week by the Virginia Automobile Dealers Association found that only 2.8 percent of the roughly 4,000 Cash for Clunkers deals submitted to the government have been paid.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hd1poek1N8A6i3jEIzKihjRqJP0wD9A2S4R02

[SIZE="4"">

Cash for Clunkers Program Taking Dealers to the Cleaners' date=' But Don't Worry, The Fed Gov Will Do Just Fine Taking Over The Country's Health Care System, Right ?![/size']

Dealers yet to see most Cash for Clunkers paymentsBy STEPHEN MANNING (AP) –http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hd1poek1N8A6i3jEIzKihjRqJP0wD9A2S4R02
Ooooh boy. We're in biiiiiiiiig trouble.

• Administrators

Ooooh boy. We're in biiiiiiiiig trouble.

Yep, they are going to have to bail out their bail out next! :eek:

The U.S. will need a bigger pail for any future bailouts!!!I didn't think that program was going to work to give incentive to purchase new???As for health care, I am so glad I live in Canada......................................................end of soap box time.