Miscellaneous Vice Photos!

COOPER&BURNETT

I did a little research using google Earth and Bing maps and did some work in advance of being on location. I took on one of the easier locations to verify. There are allot of Daytona pictures on this site from the Aventura shoot. I used a number of them to figure out for sure exactly where the car was parked so if you want to take your own ride there and shoot it or just yourself you will know exactly where to go. The pictures were actually taken on the north side of the complex opposite where I would have assumed they were done. In the attached birds eye view the green arrow points to where the Daytona was positioned for pictures. The blue arrow points to where Crockett starts a fight with Bruford in Phil The Shill so Tubbs can plant the bug in River's car.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I did a little research using google Earth and Bing maps and did some work in advance of being on location. I took on one of the easier locations to verify. There are allot of Daytona pictures on this site from the Aventura shoot. I used a number of them to figure out for sure exactly where the car was parked so if you want to take your own ride there and shoot it or just yourself you will know exactly where to go. The pictures were actually taken on the north side of the complex opposite where I would have assumed they were done. In the attached birds eye view the green arrow points to where the Daytona was positioned for pictures. The blue arrow points to where Crockett starts a fight with Bruford in Phil The Shill so Tubbs can plant the bug in River's car.'<ahttp://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpbea15518.png' alt='Eingefügtes Bild' class='bbc_img' />'<ahttp://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp68d9f258.png' alt='Eingefügtes Bild' class='bbc_img' />[/SIZE">
This is AWESOME information!!!I didn't realize that the daytona was actually parked in the street for the photo. I'm guessing they had to close the street for the shot.Also' date=' great job with the arrows, as it makes you understand where things are better.You do a hellava job here C Glide.THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

My guess is, and it is just an educated guess at this point because I have not investigated it yet, but your avatar picture with the palm trees was taken just out of my birds eye view picture to the left and in the same line of trees we see running along the bottom of the pictures about 1/3 of the way up the picture from the bottom.

I went and took a look thru pictures I took of the big Splash area when I went there to recreate pictures from Phil The Shil. When I go to a Vice location I usually take pictures not only that recreate the scene but also pictures of the surrounding area. I was hoping that I may have gotten the famous palm tree in one of my shots so I could identify it now. I knew I was on Vice holy ground at the time because of Phil The Shil, unfortunately I was at the time unaware of it's significance as the photo shoot location or I would have taken more pictures. Bad news: I did not get the tree on "film". The good news is they still retain the same color scheme on the building so recreation shots will look great. In the first picture below we see Big Splash from the NE corner of the building. The second picture is from the same spot looking west, showing the area where the photo shoot had taken place for the Miami Vice vehicles. The dark colored car in my pic. is pretty much in line with and blocking the place where the famous cars were photographed. Just to show the relative position of the two locations. Makes me wonder, did the location scouts looking in advance for places to shoot Phil The Shil see this location and say "what a great spot for the photo shoot". or did they go here for the photo shoot and then say "Hey, remember that spot where we did the publicity shoot. That would be a great spot to shoot this scene for Phil the Shill."Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I went and took a look thru pictures I took of the big Splash area when I went there to recreate pictures from Phil The Shil. When I go to a Vice location I usually take pictures not only that recreate the scene but also pictures of the surrounding area. I was hoping that I may have gotten the famous palm tree in one of my shots so I could identify it now. I knew I was on Vice holy ground at the time because of Phil The Shil" data-date=" unfortunately I was at the time unaware of it">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp9cddea35_0f.jpgEingefügtes Bild

Fantastic post as usual C Glide!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:Your information is second to NONE!This is vital information for Vicers.

Fantastic post as usual C Glide!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap:Your information is second to NONE!This is vital information for Vicers.

Cool' date=' I am glad you like it, I know it may not be of everybody's cup of tea but I love this stuff so I figure there are others who might like to know also.[/size']

[SIZE=3">

Cool' date=' I am glad you like it, I know it may not be of everybody's cup of tea but I love this stuff so I figure there are others who might like to know also.[/size']

They may not be vocal about it, but trust me, everyone loves it. You've got a real talent. :thumbsup:

They may not be vocal about it' date=' but trust me, everyone loves it. You've got a real talent. :thumbsup:[/quote'] Second that I love to read it and look at the pictures.!I think you have got to have real perseverance to figure everything out so exactly!

Second that I love to read it and look at the pictures.!I think you have got to have real perseverance to figure everything out so exactly!

Thank you! Eingefügtes Bild

These pictures could fit here under the Miscellaneous Vice Photo banner despite not being taken at Vice time. The first is a diagram that was on RB's site. It shows the location of the OCB set in Greenwich Studio.:Eingefügtes BildThen the inside of Stage A where the OCB set was:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Superb work Pal!!!The diagram from RB, and the photos are wonderful!Let's have more RB pictures! His photos really were the best of it's kind.Thanks for posting C Glide!

• 2 months later...