My adventures thus far with my new blazer...

Scot from S.C.

Last month, a certain generous MV-WS member (thanks again DChan) offered to sell me one of his extra blazers. It was in the size I wanted, XL, and in the classic offwhite /eggshell color. It is one of the Andrew Fezza blazers that I have been killing myself looking for since I heard about them.Well, I typically wear it with a pastel GAP tshirt underneath (I have three colors so far of those, pink, aqua, and baby blue), and jeans with my Sperrys (shoes) and no socks.Okay, the very first time I wore my esemble out was to my favorite Cuban restaurant here in South Carolina. The owner immediately made a comment when I walked in to his place. He said, "Wow, Miami Vice! You didn't have to get so dressed up to come here." He then proceeded to tell me how he was going to have to dig up all of his Vice clothes back at his mother's house in Florida. I wore it out afterwards to a few stores, and by the end of the evening I felt pretty good about my snazzy new threads.Since then, I have worn it when I flew from Charlotte, N.C. to Washington, D.C.; I wore it in both airports of course, on the Metro to D.C. from my hotel, and sightseeing that day/night in D.C. I have a picture of me standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial in it that I need to upload.Back home, I have worn it a few times out to eat and just out running errands. I have noticed that people definitely give me the once over and more often than not seem to give off the vibe that either I must be from South Florida or maybe I am someone important....lol. All of this is conjecture on my part of course. :DI can't wait to get more blazers like this one! I definitely think it is a classic look, and it makes me stand out from all of the other guys wearing the standard polo or American Eagle shirts.

That was fun to read. Glad you are having a good time.Sadly, one of the reasons that you will stand out when you dress well, as you did, is that so many American men don't know how to dress, and are slobs. Sorry guys!We are now more than 20 years since the end of Vice, but good style is forever.

I agree with Richie Rich. It was a fun read.I luckily have multiple combinations to choose from, including the original jackets. I usually get a double take, but nobody stares or anything. It's just like RR said. Guys don't know how, or even care to dress well. They wear white t-shirts that are 3 times too big, and pants that fall off. Every guys looks the same.We stand out, and DO look important. I get "sir" quite often when wearing my duds. I'm ignored when I don't. People ask if I need help when shopping in fancy stores, when not dressed up, I'm invisible.You gotta get more blazers and shirts to change the look. I almost never dress the same, as I luckily have so many choices to choose from.I wore a GREAT silk blazer, light blue gap shirt, light linen pants and the boat shoe, Rolex and ray bans to my last doctor's appointment. I sure stood out, but not in a gaudy way, but a WEALTHY way.Eingefügtes BildWhen people think your wealthy, you are treated to a higher level of respect, and attention.GET MORE BLAZERS, and congrads!!

Hey guys, thanks for the positive feedback! I sure do appreciate it. I concur that a lot of men just don't think twice about their clothing choices. There seems to be a wasteland of men's fashion today that is so boring.I do agree that people treat you differently when you have a certain look. People know this information when they think about going to an interview, but for a lot of guys, that is where it stops. Have you noticed that in a lot of movies that deal with either (A.) certain "hot" as in style and temperature locations, like Miami, Vegas, L.A., etc. or (B). wealthy characters or sometimes drug lords, the male characters usually dress stylishly, as in linen or silk blazers, shoes without socks, etc.? Maybe it is due to the warmer climates, but to me it is a very classy style that Crockett brought to the forefront of attention and style choices for men.I hope to get more blazers, watches, shoes, etc. as I come across them. I often bemoan the fact that I have trouble even finding the Fezza blazers, but in a way it can be a blessing since it means most guys won't go to the trouble of finding such pieces to accentuate their wardrobe choices.I would love to hear more input from you folks out there in MV land. Some of my favorite threads on here deal with individual members' accounts of having Vice moments or wearing Vice clothing.

I too would love to hear about people's experiences with the look.I always go for the wealthy look.MIAMI VICE was more than 20 years ago. Young people today won't say anything about MIAMI VICE to you because most were not born or too young to have seen the show. They have no clue.Also, they have seen the look on comedians, sportscasters, sports stars, and Hollywood types that can be seen to wear this style in magazines and TV. Mostly, it's dark colors, and not pastel today, but it still works. Get yourself psyched up, watch some MIAMI VICE episodes, listen to JAN HAMMER, and get in your car and go somewhere wearing your threads.It's liberating. It's freedom.....it's fun.Show your "viceness" with pride fellas!

I too wear my blazers always. I wear jeans and a pastel "t" underneath but I always get comments like "Going to a funeral?" or why are you so dressed up, got a date?"Believe me I have heard them all.............................One thing is that I know that I look better than the dude with his pants hanging down to his crotch with his boxers showing the crack of his ass.And NO... I don't wear a stupic principal cap with "DC" on it, sideways on my head with a mohawk haircut.WTF is wrong with kids today?

• Like 1

Kids heros are rappers. They like the tough gangster look. Gotta have street cred. They don't wear color either. It's black and or white.They look like cookie cutter cutouts. All looking the same. Nothing creative.The only thing different is the art of thier tattoos.I dress like the guy who will bust them.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Most of those rappers are nothing short of thugs.One the sunny side, I'm still looking for a black XL blazer.

I agree one-hundred percent with you guys. A lot of kids and adults seem to rather fit in than be different as far as dress goes. It is funny in a way; these young guys want to be tough looking and attract the ladies, but they end up looking dumb and being a sheep. Go figure. I like the comment about looking like the guy who busts them or on the flip side, employs them, or rather, their bosses. :DI just got in from a shopping expedition and bought a nice purple pastel tshirt at Target, plain of course, for $4.99 no tax (tax free weekend here in S.C.) and at J.C. Penny I found a pastel green thsirt for $7.99 no tax. Both will look great under my one blazer.And if anyone on here has an extra large Andrew Fezza blazer that you want to unload, I would be more than happy to buy it off you.:)

You wouldn't believe the number of inmates in prison who want to be rappers when they get out, but I'm getting off topic. I need to start to dress better. I'm retired now and will be a snowbird in FL this coming winter and will likely move there after so I need to learn how to dress for the climate.

Well.............................Retired folk on FLA have a definite wardrobe.Flowery shirt hanging outside of the knee length shorts, Knee socks with sandles and of course the fedora hat made of straw.Enjoy your retirement and don't forget the canasta game starts every day at 2pm. Cocktails at 4...

Hey Gary, what part of Florida will you be relocating and living? I am sure you will love it!Just remember not to dress like some of the guys on the bench at the beginning of "No Exit". Remember them? :D

Well done for keeping the look alive!! Love it.I have noticed on TV lately that alot of the male presenters have been wearing pastel t shirts with white blazers. i could whoop with joy!!

Hey Gary' date=' what part of Florida will you be relocating and living? I am sure you will love it!Just remember not to dress like some of the guys on the bench at the beginning of "No Exit". Remember them? :D[/quote']My family is in and around Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, and Ocala where Sonny's Son was suppose to be living. I might end up further south where the water warm, the drinks are cold and I don't know the name of the felons. (Where have I heard something like that before?:D)

My family is in and around Daytona Beach' date=' Ormond Beach, and Ocala where Sonny's Son was suppose to be living. [/quote']Ah - the I-4 corridor.An area I fondly remember back when it didn't have huge traffic jams. Then half the population of the northeast moved down here - damn it.

You wouldn't believe the number of inmates in prison who want to be rappers when they get out' date=' but I'm getting off topic. I need to start to dress better. I'm retired now and will be a snowbird in FL this coming winter and will likely move there after so I need to learn how to dress for the climate.[/quote']Come on down, Gary!Tim & I are in the Tampa bay area, where most people dress in golf shirts. :rolleyes:

I prefer Henleys Tony. :D

I do too. The collar on some golf shirts doesn't lay well for me and starts to look like it was a turtleneck cut open in front. I might even get a blue blazer like the one Sonny is wearing above.

• 2 months later...

Nice topic...Since spring of '09 I picked up 6 henleys, 5 t-shirts, very thin and both style shirts pastel, of course. 10 linen jackets. Three of them are Fezza's, eggshell, white(very nice) and the blue as on the above title block. Two Armani's, one dark blue and one close to purple. Two Claiborne- one BLACK XL(and yes, it's wicked sweet!!) and one in a natural, and lastly, a few Polo's...You would be suprised where these turn up. Mostly second hand stores. The sizes I've been going after is a XL, or 43-44R or L...Both work. Trousers or pants, if you will are a little tougher. I have an issue paying $75+ for a pair, yet they MUST have pleats or no-sale!!. I'm trying to find some jackets from the season three episodes with the patterns and don't get me going on season four....Now, Cooper and Burnett is an all-out GOD when it comes to these jackets and then some and he has a few....Yeah, just a few, that I'd be imbarrased to say what or how much I would part with to make them mine, yet he's kind enough to share with us-there's this one that Sonny wore in Hooker By Crook(OK, the pattern goes the opposite way) that I just absolutely...Ugh..Never mind...Ok, I'm headed back to the stores....Mike

Coop said that the Crockett style is a wealthy look.....I feel it is just a neat & clean look. With a jacket it does look more dressy & therefore more wealthy.What always puzzled me is how the realy rich movie stars, etc. appear on TV talk shows, dressed like construction workers......at best!Maybe they don't want people hitting them up for a loan, if they dress too nice. ;)

Now' date=' Cooper and Burnett is an all-out GOD when it comes to these jackets and then some and he has a few....Yeah, just a few, that I'd be imbarrased to say what or how much I would part with to make them mine, yet he's kind enough to share with us-there's this one that Sonny wore in Hooker By Crook(OK, the pattern goes the opposite way) that I just absolutely...Ugh..Never mind...Ok, I'm headed back to the stores....Mike[/quote']WOW! What a nice thing to say! I don't have enough time to photograph all my blazers, So I take photos of those that most likely will appeal to most of us. I'm THRILLED that you like my stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild

WOW! What a nice thing to say! I don't have enough time to photograph all my blazers' date=' So I take photos of those that most likely will appeal to most of us. I'm THRILLED that you like my stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:[/quote']That's awesome man!This jacket is sure a sore in the eye, that's if you DON'T own it :)Just joking, thanks for posting it for us. In fact based on this and the fact I couldn't find anything similar I decided to buy this jackethttp://cgi.ebay.com/GIORGIO-ARMANI-WOOL-BLAZER-SPORT-COAT-SIZE-39R-FREESHIP_W0QQitemZ200393533513QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats?hash=item2ea862a849it's nowhere the same, but it's closer from a lot of other ones I've seen believe me.

Nice jacket Fresh Prince!Wear it with pride!! :thumbsup:

Cooper, Your thrilled that I like your stuff....How about: I love the wardrobe you've assembled over the years and the fact you share and tease us with it is awesome!!!!:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap::clap: Prince: I'm with Cooper on this one, wear with style and pride and nice score with that price!!...Mike