Episode 1 Brother's Keeper

miamijimf

1 minute ago, Bilders said:

Keep those photos rolling in! I love how the design is the same as 1984. The older colour scheme has a very art deco feel to it.

Thankyou pleased you are enjoying the updates:D I love this building too

Just now, Matt5 said:

Thankyou pleased you are enjoying the updates:D I love this building too

I sure am! I am considering stay at this place for a night when finally making it to Miami, however when I last checked the reviews some were quite dreadful. I wonder if anybody from this Forum has stayed there before?

10 minutes ago, Bilders said:

I sure am! I am considering stay at this place for a night when finally making it to Miami, however when I last checked the reviews some were quite dreadful. I wonder if anybody from this Forum has stayed there before?

Im not sure about recently - however in 2014 it wasn't great I heard . I was inside it looked a little run down - and was due a refurbishment.!

10 hours ago, Bilders said:

CGlide checked it out a few years ago but don't know if he stayed there or not.

Edited by miamijimf

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

CGlide checked it out a few years ago but don't know if he stayed there or not.

No the last two times I stayed at the Mayfair. Nice, clean, and very MV friendly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C Glide said:

No the last two times I stayed at the Mayfair. Nice, clean, and very MV friendly.

Oh wow ! The Mayfair in the Grove featured in "French Twist" and "Florence Italy" - very nice :D:D

• Like 1

Some photos from 2013 and 2014 to a Miami trip featuring some of the locations seen in the iconic "In the Air Tonite" montage on NW42nd Avenue:D

C+T headed southbound on NW 42nd Avenue, Miami-  Ocean Bank at the intersection of NW 7th  Street. (seen in background)

462_zpsajqlzsf7.jpg

• Like 1

Our hero's  cross the interection at NW3rd Str and NW42nd Avenue, Miami and pass this building ( all buildings in that stretch to Ocean bank captured here in 2014 )764_zpsvd7ymnhe.jpg 

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 05/03/2016 at 2:34 AM, airtommy said:

At the end of the episode, C&T are racing to Watson Island to stop Calderone's plane (Jan Hammer's "Chase" in the background).  There are several unidentified cuts which are pretty much impossible to find, but I think Cut #4 could conceivably be found.    This is around 1:33:34, right after Tubbs is yelling into the phone for backup "No, it's Four Four!"

Bro_Keep4.png 

This should be somewhere on Biscayne Blvd between 22nd St and 14th St.  Either these arches still exist today or maybe somebody will recognize them from another MV scene.  "Down For the Count" and "Phil the Shill" were filmed in this area.

There are some archways on a building ( mid right of picture from yesterday )on Biscayne at 2385 - and I believe that building was there in 1984. 

IMG_1130.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

There are some archways on a building ( mid right of picture from yesterday )on Biscayne at 2385 - and I believe that building was there in 1984. 

IMG_1130.JPG

I would lean towards no because the arches in your photo are wider than the ones in the MV scene, but I can't say for certain.  It's a possibility.  It's in the right area and that building was there in the 1980s.

They drive right by your building in Phil the Shill when they are tailing the black Mercedes.  They're going south on Biscayne and turn left onto 24th.  We get to see that building, but really well.

Edited by airtommy

Just now, airtommy said:

I would lean towards no because the arches in your photo are wider than the ones in the MV scene, but I can't say for certain.  It's a possibility.  It's in the right area and that building was there in the 1980s.

They drive right by your building in Phil the Shill when they are tailing the black Mercedes.  They're going south on Biscayne and turn left onto 24th.  We get to see that building, but really well.

Yes I thought they looked wider - but maybe check the "Phil the Shill" episode and it's easy for me to get more shots ! I notice in the still from "Brother's Keeper" that it's quite a zoom on the background so that's  maybe a factor! 

I just stumbled upon the building as yes I remember it from Phil the Shill but in "Florence Italy" towards the end they ran over this intersection as well as the building at 2650.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes I thought they looked wider - but maybe check the "Phil the Shill" episode and it's easy for me to get more shots ! I notice in the still from "Brother's Keeper" that it's quite a zoom on the background so that's  maybe a factor! 

I just stumbled upon the building as yes I remember it from Phil the Shill but in "Florence Italy" towards the end they ran over this intersection as well as the building at 2650.

Looking at the Florence Italy scene and looking at CGlide's page for that ep, it appears when they go by that building the camera is looking the other way (westward).

• Like 1

On 23/01/2017 at 5:14 AM, airtommy said:

These arches are less wide on the front of the building of the same building at NE24th and Biscayne 

IMG_1778.PNG

• 3 months later...

From the Charter Club ("Heart of Darkness") on NE35th Street, Miami - this is the view we see at the end of the Pilot episode looking east towards Miami Beach :thumbsup:

IMG_3610.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

And another shot this one from Hamilton on the Bay at NE34th St , Miami ("Brothers Keeper" and "Heart of Darkness"):hippie:

IMG_3835.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey Tubbs .. ever consider a career in Southern law enforcement?

Julia Tuttle Cswy from Miami to Miami Beach from a photo I took in March 2004:hippie:

IMG_5867.JPG

IMG_5868.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Carlyle was featured in the Pilot, “Back In the World”,  “Theresa” and the Season 5 episodes  “Line of Fire”, “To Have and to Hold” and “Victims of Circumstance” - but this was the 13th Street block of Ocean Drive looking south in December 1983.

EF272A4A-1356-4784-83BC-06CA0C18FAB0.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1