Episode 1 Brother's Keeper

miamijimf

Posted: 28 May 2006 at 7:38am by airtommyJust testing, this is my first Google Earth screenshot. Bridge from which Crockett jumps to get Tubbs: Eingefügtes Bild OK, I'll size it down a bit next time. [edit] downsized to 75%, perfect.

Posted: 28 May 2006 at 3:11pm by DanJYay! Good one! The size you posted is okay on my screen, just don't use any larger size IMO.The Miami Jai-Alai fronton is just above and to the right of this bridge. In MV the bridge was painted a sort of battleship grey, now it is green as seen in the Google pic above.Another episode where the train bridge is seen is "Rites Of Passage," right after the opening credits. The beginning of the shot shows the red letters of the Jai-Alai fronton, then the camera pans across the bridge to a scene where a dead female has washed up on the Miami River.Also, check out "The Cows Of October." There is a scene towards the end of the episode that takes place at the train bridge. It is a spaghetti western parody complete with Hugo Montenegro soundtrack music and Izzy dressed up kinda like The Man With No Name.If you follow the river east from the train bridge to just before NW 27 Avenue, you will see another bridge for cars whose architecture is similar to the train bridge. IMO that is where the "Brothers Keeper" boat chase starts, as Tubbs jumps into the Scarab and hauls off in it. The bridge is visible in the scene, as well as a 7-11 sign in the background. The 7-11 building is still there, but it is no longer a 7-11 - rather it is now some sort of Quicky-Mart type place. Last time I drove by there I believe I saw the tall 7-11 sign that is seen as Tubbs drives away in the Scarab. Word has it they filmed a scene in the new MV movie somewhere in that area as well.If you can Google this, please post a picture of that car bridge.

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:12am by airtommyThe large bridge on the right is 27th Ave (crossing the Miami River), but I think you're talking about the small one on the left which spans a side canal. Eingefügtes BildHere is the smaller bridge which I hope is what you mean: Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:22am by DanJYep, the smaller bridge is what I'm talking about. The Quicky-Mart type store is just out of the lower left hand corner of the picture.

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:13am by airtommyOK, I just changed the pic to show the Quicky-Mart. I see what you mean! I just looked at this scene on DVD and froze it, and the 7-11 sign is clearly visible behind the bridge. The meet must have occurred just NE of the bridge, on the piece of land where the river and canal split apart.

Posted: 03 June 2006 at 6:31pm by DanJ LMD gave me an urge for a "All Syrup" Squishee so I went down to Delaware Parkway and NW 20th Street. I passed on the Squishee 'cuz da Quicky Mart there looked kinda ratty, but I did go a bit further up on 20th Street. There, I climbed atop a pile of rubble to get a better look over the chain link fence and snapped this picture. It is as close as my zoom lens could get me to the car bridge (This picture is actually cropped from a wider shot.).Eingefügtes Bild On the way home I stopped by one of those gasoline station/convenience store type places, filled up the car (Don't ask how much - ouch!) and got myself a Slurpee (They didn't have the "All Syrup" variety - rats!).NOTE: While I wandered about 20th Street looking for a place to perch myself for the picture, the car bridge opened to let a boat through. This is not a draw bridge that opens vertically. Instead, it turns horizontally.Also, if you look carefully you might see Calderone making his getaway on a jetliner (I didn't notice this when I was snapping the picture.). This is part of the fun of photography - you don't know exactly what you're going to get, even with a digital camera, until you get home and look at the pic's on a large screen. Hah!

Posted: 08 October 2006 at 5:51am by SOFLAJEREMYI am trying to fill in gaps in my location list. While it is quite clear from the address seen in the bg the pilot starts (and history made) on w 16th st in NYNY. I have been able to narrow it down to this block... Eingefügtes Bild then they are on a short street with a restaurant and a lit up western union building in the bg. They are outside a club. then it cuts to the inside which I have read was filmed in Miami Beach, Florida at what is now the Mansion. What I do not know is what street was the exterior shot taken in NYNY. Anyone? anyone???

Posted: 08 October 2006 at 4:56pm BY MATT5Originally posted by SOFLAJEREMYI am trying to fill in gaps in my location list. While it is quite clear from the address seen in the bg the pilot starts (and history made) on w 16th st in NYNY. I then they are on a short street with a restaurant and a lit up western union building in the bg. They are outside a club. then it cuts to the inside which I have read was filmed in Miami Beach, Florida at what is now the Mansion. What I do not know is what street was the exterior shot taken in NYNY. Anyone? anyone??? SoflaJeremy - I can help you with this one - I did some research last year and visited this location ( among many others seen in "The Prodigal Son " in NYC). The alley used in the teaser of "Brother's Keeper" is called Staple Street, right around the corner from the Western Union Building (you mention above). It runs for two blocks, and it's used as a location in lots of movies and tv shows. (Recently there was an American Express ad in magazines showing Robert de Niro standing in the middle of it, not far from where Tubbs was.) The decisive Miami Vice action took place at the corner of Staple Street and Jay Street. That's where Tubbs, surrounded by steamy-looking garbage and puddles, ends up looking back and forth for the vanished Calderone. Still looks exactly the same today.There is a street running parallel called Hudson St and action took place there as well - completely unchanged. I also visited Moondance Diner - where C & T get pulled over by cops on busy street in "Prodigal Son". Also I found Gramercy House ( Valeries apt building from "Prodigal Son") and visited Jimmy Borgas loft ( nr Moondance ) also many more inc Chrysler building and that exterior street scene when C & T run into the office building.Its amazing to think the final shootout in "Prodigal Son" was at the base of the World Trade Centre. The camera spans down one of the twin towers during the "Tubbs and Valerie" montage before final shootout.Hope this helps.

Posted: 08 October 2006 at 6:36pm by MATT5 Originally posted by SOFLAJEREMYWow thats great you the man very helpful thank you You're welcome - I am just glad I could help you with a location ! After all you 've helped me find loads of valuable ones in Miami.

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 5:53am by SOFLAJEREMYjai alai from opening montage and rr bridge that c jumps off of and then the intro meeting is on the north or jai alai side then the second pic shows the proximity to the ship yard drug meet. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 13 October 2006 at 6:00am by SOFLAJEREMYEingefügtes Bildparrots from opening montage (editors note: The Parrot Jungle has moved)

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 11:47am by MATT5SoflaJeremy - can you be a little more specific to where the parrot is in the parrot jungle opening montage . ha ha Great locations above . Thankyou . Interterra building today unchanged - only name is Colonnial Bank

Posted: 16 October 2006 at 5:55am by SOFLAJEREMYopening montage chaulk airline seaplane takes off between watson island and dodge island Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 17 October 2006 at 5:32am by SOFLAJEREMY c, eddie, and corkie take a drive on the mcarthur and deco drive the second shot ( B ) puts them on deco dr in front of the breakwater driving northbound up past 10th Eingefügtes BildI think I have the other two shots (d + o ) on deco dr located but I have to go there to confirm. here the sequence on the causeway Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild