Episode 1 Brother's Keeper

miamijimf

posted on 24 Aug 09 at 5:38 by LauderdaleYou can see all the locations for Brother's Keeper at http://www.jbsmiamivice.com/floridafilminglocations/index.htmlposted on 24 Aug 09 at 10:00 by miamijimf This is SOFLAJEREMY's site. It has an excellent and very complete record of the Brother's Keeper filming locations. The site is the product of great detective work documented by many of the older posts in this thread.

• 3 months later...

The montage where we see Raphael Tubbs shot in Nyc ( Tubbs's brother) this appears to be shot on the East side of Brooklyn off Furman Street in the shipping yards SW of the Brooklyn Bridge- opposite lower Manhattan.You can see the lights of the Brooklyn & Manhattan Bridges in the b/g to the North behind Tubbs as he cradles his brother.All the other Nyc locations from the Pilot episode have been found (opening scene on W16th St and the Club(Ext) /Tubbs alley in Tribeca.:D

Jeremy has changes sites. Try this http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/

First time Ive seen Jeremy's new site - is that right he's completed so far, the Pilot episode and "Heart of Darkness".? Really detailed though - I was hoping as I scrolled down the locations for "Heart of Darkness" the Blue Dolphin Lounge mystery was solved - but still not yet! I'm sure Jeremy will get there:D

• 4 months later...

The Carlyle Hotel (Miami Beach) then - Episode 1:Eingefügtes BildAnd now - pictures taken on 05/16/2010:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildAnd the location of the first shot of Crockett in the series, at the steps leading to the Carlyle Hotel entrance:Eingefügtes BildAnd here is how that very same spot looks today, with the Carlyle hotel renovations complete, the hotel now has a sidewalk cafe, covered with large umbrellas, similar to many other hotels in South Beach (also note how wide the sidewalk is now, compared to the 80's):Eingefügtes Bild

Location of Crockett's jump off the bridge, which is the railroad bridge located at 3870 NW North River Drive, Miami. The bridge, which was painted gray in the 80's, looks virtually the same today, except for the new green paint:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildTubbs approaches the bridge from the east, evidenced by the weighted end of the drawbridge is to the right in the photo (north side of bridge):Eingefügtes Bild Looking east down the river, as Tubbs approaches in the boat:Eingefügtes BildAnd this is how the section of the river looks today, pictures taken on 05/16/2010:Eingefügtes BildThe jumping off point - from the metal support beam on the west side of the bridge:Eingefügtes BildThe support beam is visible in this photo, running along the bottom of the bridge, below the rail bed:Eingefügtes BildThe jumping off point on the bridge, where Crockett jumped into the boat, how it looks today:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The talk on the railroad bridge, same bridge at 3870 NW North River Drive. From the episode:Eingefügtes BildAnd here is that same spot today, picture taken on 05/16/2010:Eingefügtes Bild

Richie....(not to take away from these posts)....but isn't this the same railroad structure used in the Season 4 episode of "The Cows Of October"?:confused:I provided a pic that I got out of the glossary for this episode.

post-783-13892963124078_thumb.jpg

It looks the same' date=' at least in the shot you provided Maria.[/quote']between NW 36th Street and NW South River Drive (Izzy tries to stop the car)I got this info off the glossary section for "The Cows Of October" episode. It may very well be the same railroad structure from the Pilot episode.

Great pics Rich. Damn SoBe has gotten crowded but I guess it's good for the economy of the area. Burn Notice is helping by keeping the Beach in the public eye. Wish I had invested in a parking garage, I would be a millionaire now.

Very nice pics - shame how The Carlyle doesnt look as nice as it did in 1984 , overcrowded cheap outside cafe more reminsent of a cheap Spanish seaside resort than the street corner where TV history was made. Didnt DJ quote recently that he doesnt head down to Miami anymore and is not keen at all on the place ? The bridge behind the Jai-Alai Fronton is marvellous when I visited it is relatively unchanged - they shot in that area a lot .:D

Very nice pics - shame how The Carlyle doesnt look as nice as it did in 1984 ' date=' overcrowded cheap outside cafe more reminsent of a cheap Spanish seaside resort than the street corner where TV history was made. [/quote']Matt, the Carlyle has only changed in the past seven months. I got pictures of it last year when they were renovating inside of the hotel so I was lucky to get shots of an almost unchanged location. There aren't many people in the street as I took the photos just after sunrise (the best time to get shots in South Beach!) Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
  • Like 1

That's dumb putting a cafe in front of the Carlyle. It wasn't like that when I was last in Miami in summer '09 (I will be back very soon!). Don't they know that's hallowed turf for Vicers who want to get their photo taken in Crockett's spot?It's a good job I got my picture taken in that spot on my first trip to Miami.

• 1 year later...

I just revised and updated the pilot on my location website. Amoung some other tweaks I added the New york City (and Brooklyn) locations which I had noted but passed over on the initial publishing. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Great work - I visited all those Ny locations a few years ago :D

• 2 weeks later...