Episode 1 Brother's Keeper

miamijimf

I just updated my web site with the info. and will go down to get photos in March. I will have to make sure I have a good series of screen captures organized so I can do a full series of re-creation shots.

• Like 1

I just updated my web site with the info. and will go down to get photos in March. I will have to make sure I have a good series of screen captures organized so I can do a full series of re-creation shots.

Great work - remember my great recreation shots from "Bad Timing " on Krome Avenue/177th ( Sonny motorbike) when you do that episode in a few time Jeremy  :D  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got back very early this morning from Miami and had to work today so I am just getting started going thru the nearly 700 pictures I took over my three day trip. Lots of great MV and BN locations visited and photographed. Great trip with lots of great people to tell you about but I will start with this location. On my location site I will post allot of the pictures in an expanded section on this scene. I already posted one shot on facebook while I was in Miami. Good news for anyone wanting to go here. The building will remain  in it's current state with no plans to change the exterior. When I arrived I did not know what to expect being a small hotel with limited parking. I approached the bartender right away who was at first apprehensive until I related that Miami Vice had filmed there and I was there to shoot some re-creation shots if it were okay. Turns out she is a huge MV fan and she and some of her friends that were at the bar had been in the area since the 70's. My arrival caused quite a stir and she even called the hotel's owner. I got full access to do whatever I wanted and took numerous great re-creation shots. I showed them screen captures and behind the scenes photos on my lap top. They confirmed that that was how the bar looked back then. Some even recognized some of the extras and the bartender even knew the bartender from the time Vice filmed the scene. It was a great time and enjoyed reliving the vice scene. One of many great stories that came out of the trip. Vice fans truly are exceptional and super nice. I will get organized and post photos soon. I believe anyone who visits to photograph and relive the Vice experience will get a warm welcome.

• Like 5

I have updated the related page on my location web site: http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page8.html

I'm still in ah that this location has been verified and located. I never thought in a bazillion years it would have been, awesome!

Just a thought Charlie but I was wondering if you have plans to do an ebook of all these locations with added stories of how you were able to locate them? Most likely it would be difficult with picture copy rights etc...

• Like 1

Interesting idea. Right now I will continue thru to complete all episodes on my site. I am going to add a master list of all locations by geographic area as I have been keeping a running log as I do my site. I should probably relate some of the stories of finding the locations here as finding them is more than half the fun.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The " 59th Street bridge" from the Eddie explosion scene - just across the tracks from Overtown in Downtown Miami. Not a great area. 2014 :D  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 2

Watched the Hd version from 2006 last nite - :D

Here's a few NYC locations- (1) 244 West 16th Street  ( Calderone walking down stairs) 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Holy crap they have knocked down the building behind where Crockett parked to do the deal with Corky

Check Google Maps for "61 NW 13th St, Miami, Florida"

It even had a brightly painted sketch of someone underneath a building with their big red shoes sticking out. You can still see remnants of the green grass on some of the rubble.

Edit: please see Matt5's post above which he actually shared for me before. Is it supposed to be Ronald McDonald? :D

Edited by Bilders

• 3 weeks later...

The building used to say 'Sheila Shone'. When you search this in Google, it automatically maps it to the location as 'Pan American Chemical Co'. Funny how it is almost an 'alias' :) I am pretty sure this is what was written there since the Pilot was filmed.

I have updated this "episode" on my website with new photos from my recent trips to NYC as well as a correction. I had been a block off on the location of the drug deal where Tubbs saw his brother killed. Fixed now that I went there.

wp0_wp0_wp4fbd64b2.png wpa7dad015_06.png

wp871e59a1_06.png wpcd2b0fa8_06.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

A few shots of the Pilot hotel from last year - Lauderdale Beachside Hotel - 4660 N. Ocean Drive, Lauderdale by the Sea, Fl. :D  :)

6e09933c-934b-4390-b6de-a11bd670d269_zps

• Like 3

Nice pictures.  Did you use a tripod for the last one?

It's really strange that they went all the way to Fort Lauderdale to film this scene.

• Like 1

Nice pictures.  Did you use a tripod for the last one?

It's really strange that they went all the way to Fort Lauderdale to film this scene.

No tripod - just a hand held digital camera.

Yes they did indeed go all the way up to Fort Lauderdale - in fact past Fort Lauderdale to Lauderdale by the Sea. This location is closer to Pompano Beach - Hillsboro Beach ( "Phil the Shill" ) than some other Fort Lauderdale locations used during the series run,

:D