• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richie Rich

• 2morgen

• sredd

• cheetah

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZVZi1jpTQ

I found another one DJ is at the end and he is pretty clear about the gouverment in Washington
Yeah....."throw the bums out & get somebody in there that can make a decision!" AMEN!

here is another one from the premiere:http://www.accesshollywood.com/don-johnson-and-michelle-rodriguez-hit-the-machete-premiere-in-los-angeles_video_1246083

Saw "Machete" earlier today, it's quite entertaining.DJ was great in his role and had significant screentime.As expected, he once aging played a great villian.7/10

'"The two have been friends ever since Rodriguez' date=' then an actor, shot a guest appearance on Johnson's CBS sitcom "Nash Bridges"." Sitcom? LOL.[/quote'] Yeah, the word "sitcom" looked funny to me either. :rolleyes: I might call "Nash Bridges" series a comedy, but a "sitcom"? ?( No way...

Machete is on number 2 at the list of most visited films last week overhere in the Netherlands.

I don't think it's doing so well over in the U.S..I'm not totally sure, but I think it's doing just so so business here. LOS ANGELES, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Following are the top 10movies at the box office in the United States and Canada duringthe three days beginning on Sept. 17, led by the new release"The Town," according to studio estimates compiled on Sunday byReuters. 1 (*) The Town ...... $ 23.8 million 2 (*) Easy A ........ $ 18.2 million 3 (*) Devil ......... $ 12.6 million 4 (1) Resident Evil: Afterlife ..... $ 10.1 million 5 (*) Alpha and Omega .............. $ 9.2 million 6 (2) Takers ........ $ 3.0 million 7 (3) The American .. $ 2.8 million=8(10) Inception ..... $ 2.0 million=8 (6) The Other Guys ............... $ 2.0 million =10 (4) Machete ....... $ 1.7 million =10 (9) Eat Pray Love . $ 1.7 million NOTE

I don't think it's doing so well over in the U.S..I'm not totally sure' date=' but I think it's doing just so so business here. LOS ANGELES, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Following are the top 10movies at the box office in the United States and Canada duringthe three days beginning on Sept. 17, led by the new release"The Town," according to studio estimates compiled on Sunday byReuters. 1 (*) The Town ...... $ 23.8 million 2 (*) Easy A ........ $ 18.2 million 3 (*) Devil ......... $ 12.6 million 4 (1) Resident Evil: Afterlife ..... $ 10.1 million 5 (*) Alpha and Omega .............. $ 9.2 million 6 (2) Takers ........ $ 3.0 million 7 (3) The American .. $ 2.8 million=8(10) Inception ..... $ 2.0 million=8 (6) The Other Guys ............... $ 2.0 million =10 (4) Machete ....... $ 1.7 million =10 (9) Eat Pray Love . $ 1.7 million NOTE[/quote'] If I read the information correctly it has made 1,7 million in three days. The week before that it was on number 4 of the list maybe also about 10.1 million. As I understand out of the press overhere in the weekend it was released it was fithing with a film from Anton Corbijn ( dutch) with George Clooney for the number one spot. Say that was about 20 million. ( 1,7 plus 10,1 plus 20 = 32,8 mln.) I think a good result in the USA/Canada? That is without the results of the days which I didn't have any information about.Or I am thinking the wrong way??

Machete isn't the type of film that would appeal to mainstream theater goers. So the disapointing U.S. box office wasn't a suprise at all.Same thing happened with the Tarantino/Rodriguez's Grindhouse, back in 2007.

• 2 months later...

Saw "Machete" in the last few days in the theater here, and it was a cool flick. Just what I'd expect from Rodriguez and this cast, but I'm a fan of his work. I'll buy the DVD.