Forum software update

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

There was a forum software update today.Please report any errors in this thread and I'll take care.

• Administrators

I noticed that after I respond to a new thread, the red siren is still there after I posted. It doesn't go away like it used to. So it looks like you have a new thread to view again.

• Administrators

Also, I have two PMs that are coming up as unread in the yellow box but on the PM inbox, there is no new PMs to show. :confused:I even went back and clicked on them all again and opened them one at a time, no luck.

I'd like an annoucement for the purpose of a gold star or gold bars. (I know what it is, but many don't)

I assume it will be on every post as part of your personal profile once it's up and running (if your deserving that is).

• Administrators

Well it appears that for now, it is on the first post of the page in a thread. Each additional post in the same page does not show the icon.

• Administrators

Very strange things happen here. But we'll fix it ;)EDIT: I just noticed that I don't have the gold bars either in my second post.

• Administrators
I noticed that after I respond to a new thread' date=' the red siren is still there after I posted. It doesn't go away like it used to. So it looks like you have a new thread to view again.[/quote']I just checked it out and I could not find an error... do you still have the same problem, Tim?

• Administrators
Also' date=' I have two PMs that are coming up as unread in the yellow box but on the PM inbox, there is no new PMs to show. :confused:I even went back and clicked on them all again and opened them one at a time, no luck.[/quote']I took care of this one, I deleted all my PMs.

I noticed that after I respond to a new thread' date=' the red siren is still there after I posted. It doesn't go away like it used to. So it looks like you have a new thread to view again.[/quote']I think this happens after viewing the glossary or any other part of the board that asks you to log-in, eventhough you already are. When you go back to the index, I've noticed that topics I've already read, are still marked un-read with new posts, even if there are no new posts.

• Administrators

This happens to me and some others when we click on certain areas of the board. We have to log on all over again.So far, there is no pattern to it. :confused:

• Administrators

There was a software update again. If there are any errors, please report them here.

Crockett's other 'body count'Forum: General Views: 0Replies: 25Today, 01:31 PM Well, I guess this qualifies as an oddity.25 Replies, but 0 views?

Well, I guess this qualifies as an oddity.25 Replies, but 0 views?

It seems to me that it takes a while for the views to calculate. Perhaps as much as 15 minutes. There is a time delay. It's not in real time.

I reset the counters and did some maintenance... I hope this will help.

Usually everythig you do DOES work.

• Administrators

As many features as this site has, a day rarely goes by where I don't learn something new! Truly amazing! Not to throw stones here but if "that other site" ever gets back up and running it will still be in the stone age compared to .ws