An article from Vice days "Don Johnson: yes, he can really sing" (1986)

cheetah

I purchased his CD from ITunes and frequently play his songs. One of my favorites is "Loss In Your Eyes" as it expresses my feelings about a woman I dearly wanted to be with. I wish he had done more.

I read the whole interview. I really liked it. Some stuff I didn't know.Thanks for the link Cheetah!!

You are all very welcome! :)I agree with Gary a hundred per cent - I also wish Don had done more music... (A huge sigh) This is the only thing I don't like about his songs - too few of them! LOL

Very revealing an poinient. Like the comment made that "Johnson is alone every night"When you work as hard as he did I suppose you have solitide.When I watched MV originally when it aired, I also heard about the singing career attempt and that is what probably blew it for him in my circle of friends. After that came out in the press, my friends all thought MV was not cool anymore, as DJ was using his fame to follow other directions. (I still liked the show but kept quiet) After reading that article I empathise with the man for working so hard and hoping it would be successful.Failure is tragic to anyone..................

Awesome article! I love any vintage article detailing his albums.He's a creditable, mainstream pop-rock singer whose borderline tenor/baritone voice combines some of the appealing, if melancholy romanticism of Jackson Browne with the Everyman anxiousness of Glenn Frey.Glenn Frey I can see, but Jackson Browne? Hmmm, that's a stretch.