Useless Trivia

Dadrian

With all the trivia going on around here these days, I thought I'd throw in one just to see what happens. I bet we'll get some pretty interesting Q&A on this one with this bunch! :)here goes...Q: According to an actual experiment (and I'm sure there has been more than one), how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?hint: it's not thudddereee ;)Eingefügtes Bild

shill, do they have these in UK? i thought they were everywhere.Eingefügtes BildThe average number of licks to get to the center of a Tootsie roll pop is 252. This was the figure that was arrived at following research by a group of Purdue University engineering students.They had been putting a licking machine to the test and recorded an average of 364 licks to the center of a Tootsie roll pop. A sample group of 20 students replicated the experiment and averaged 252 licks, so humans are much more efficient that machines at licking roll pops.However, a rival experiment by students at Swathmore School deterimined that on average it took 144 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Given the large number of variables involved and the methodology used to conduct the experiments, the answer is that there is no hard and fast answer to the question.Among the variables that come into play are the size of the licker's tongue, the amount of saliva they produce and the amount of pressure they apply to the roll pop.A: 252now that's useless :)anyone else got one?

• Administrators

Well they are ball shaped lolly pops but they have a tootsie roll center. Do you have tootsie rolls?

I don't think we have these this side of the pond guys. I'm not that up on candy though - unless it's the chick from "The Score" :D

Eingefügtes Bild

Well if we are into trivia then how do they get the Caramilk cream in the centre of a Caramilk bar?Let the games begin...............

I think I posted over everyone head????Years ago there was a campain for Caramilk bars. They had a series of different commercials with goofy scientists, cartoon charaters and all sorts, all asking the same question "How do they get the Caramilk centres into a Caramilk Bar"If you ever saw the commercials they were hillarious!Never mind....................I'll have to come up with some useless trivia.

don't be so hard on yourself stinger. i'll never forget that useless piece of trivia :) and that's the whole idea here.here's one:the base of the great pyramid at giza is roughly 576x576 i think. over this 13 acre base, the levelness of the ground that was prepared by that "non-wheeled" society deviated less than how many inches?Eingefügtes Bild

• 1 month later...