Dealing with Gas.

little miss dangerous

Gas is over $5.00 a gallon here and just about the same in the U.S.A. To relieve gas pains, I walk and ride my bike as much as I possibly can. I only drive my car about 3 times a week.So what have you done?

Gas is over $5.00 a gallon here and just about the same in the U.S.A. To relieve gas pains' date=' I walk and ride my bike as much as I possibly can. I only drive my car about 3 times a week.So what have you done?[/quote']I'm sorry i thought you were declaring a medical problem :D

Gas is over $5.00 a gallon here and just about the same in the U.S.A. To relieve gas pains' date=' I walk and ride my bike as much as I possibly can. I only drive my car about 3 times a week.So what have you done?[/quote']Your subject line had me worried, LMD! I ride my motorcycle as much as possible, generally from March/April until November. I only drive when I need to move something, go to the beach or have a date who is afraid of bikes.:cheers:

• Administrators

I hear "Gas X" works pretty good. :DI work 25 miles away which is 50 miles round trip. That's 250 miles a week just to get to work. I figured it costs me almost 10 bucks a day just to go to work in my truck.I have a Jaguar which gets almost 26 mpg on the highway but the darn think just went out of warranty and I'm scared to drive it a lot now. Time to sell I guess. :cry:I usually combine all my trips on the way to work. Luckily I have a huge shopping plaza by me that has almost everything I need.This is getting silly thou. But wait!!! I'm getting a 3% raise next month. Yippee. That means I'm only going back wards by about 12% now. What a deal. :eek::eek:

• Administrators

I hear Skateboards are on sale at Wal-mart....

I tried that, it took me six hours to get to work.

My remedy for "gas"oline pains is to swallow my pride and fill up the tank. Still gotta get to work and I have the farthest drive, so no carpool's gonna be picking me up. And I'm not riding the bus, with it's trip that takes four times longer than it should because of all the stopping, not to mention the freaks you have to share a seat with.This is my view, and it may sound paranoid: Big oil will squeeze every last cent they can out of us until their non-renewable, finite resource is depleted. Once it's gone, the captains of industry will finally sweep to market their non-fossil fuel based engines (that they've had hiding in a warehouse for the past 50 years) and life will continue as normal. And vehicles and machines with these new engines will probably cost an arm and a leg so they can keep their profits up.Nothing I can do about it. Like I said, still gotta get to work.

I'm just very fortune that I CAN walk to work or bike. Biking takes me 5 minutes and walking, about 15. I do feel bad for those of you who have to commute long distances. I was talking to a sign installer today who has a huge van. He says he fills up about every second day and it takes around $100.00. Now that's gotta hurt!!! Eingefügtes Bild

I have a car at work that I drive daily to and from work, and of course for my job. I try to save gas in it where I can, but I do run the AC when I need to. Yesterday it was 87 and I had to run it. I drive my personal car at night, to the park for walks with the wife. And then on the weekends I drive it to the store. I go early in the morning when it's not hot, so I don't have to run the AC, unless I have milk in the car. LOL Just being smart about things will save you a bundle. I will say that the AC on my office car works so well, that on number 2 of the four fan speeds, my glasses will fog up it gets so cold in there. I have the same thing happen when I viewed the LMD photo collection. :D

Jersey is one of the cheapest states believe it or not. 3.40$ a gal. This has been slowly happening for a few years up and down but now I've seen stations go up everyday! In one week I saw gas go up 25cents. Now does anyone remember the late 70's gas shortage and the even and odd days?????? I'm dating myself here but I had just gotten my license so all the kids in the neighborhood took their parents cars up to the station and sat on line for over an hour and talking like a party......That's why the parents sent us up..lol......Sounds like that's what you're going to to Mo. Hey in Europe they have Vespas and motor bikes. I have a Vespa but it's my bros and in my garage but it does 50mph....lol......

Well we have an oil refinery in scotland on strike for 2 days next week. The news is reporting panic buying at the petrol stations...well not round here. I put £10 in on my way home from work (£6 of which goes to the government in tax) & there were no queues. The media do like to hype things up & cause the panic buying in the first place!

Oh the media loves a good story and to make it worse and right into a panic, I agree, Chloe. Now if I'm right then what you put in your car is a little over 20$ US. And have you ever heard of the Song Taxman by the Beatles? I hear your taxes are worse than ours. Do you get any rebates? We get a few if we are lucky.

Guest MetroVice

I was at the beach last weekend and noticed huge amounts of water craft of all types. Although fuel prices are at extortionate highs most people here in south Florida are still saying "screw it" and doing what they want regardless.I'm sure that'll change though if it goes up too much higher :(Randy

• Administrators

I'm sure you have just as may boat places selling boats as I do. Around here you can walk in and just about name your price.Sadly, boats are a luxury item that is slowly becoming un-affordable anymore except to the wealthy.You may be able to but the boat, but the gas it drinks ends up being the real cost. Not to mention the maintenance, insurance, storage, etc.