The Winterhaven Hotel

DanJ

If this has already been discussed, I welcome the administrators to move this post to the proper thread:In anticipation of an upcoming visit to the Winterhaven hotel, am I correct in saying that this was the location for opening scenes from "No Exit" and "Bushido?"If so, any info as to which room/floor was used would be appreciated.

i do know that is the correct hotel for both scenes you mentioned. the bathroom is still right across the road today.i'm not sure about the room/floor.

If this has already been discussed' date=' I welcome the administrators to move this post to the proper thread:In anticipation of an upcoming visit to the Winterhaven hotel, am I correct in saying that this was the location for opening scenes from "No Exit" and "Bushido?"If so, any info as to which room/floor was used would be appreciated.[/quote']The first floor above the lobby was used for the "Bushido" surveillance window - probrably then a hotel bedroom, Today an extension of the first floor corridor above the lobby area.

I do know that is the correct hotel for both scenes you mentioned. The bathroom is still right across the road today.I'm not sure about the room/floor.
My information is that the bathroom building is a replacement. It is on the same footprint and is the same size as the original building. The sand where Zito was buried/hiding is now landscaped as far as I can tell' date=' so he couldn't do that stunt there today. I believe the men's/women's restrooms are now opposite of the original orientation. Before Ocean Drive become overly congested, I would go to the beach right there and as such have been in the original building. Never found anyone gagged and bound to a toilet...A little too congested/busy nowadays for me - I used to be able to pull up any time and find a parking space on the street right in front of Lummus Park. Do that today and you're likely to end up circling the street a while before - or if - anything opens up. There are parking facilities a block west of Ocean Drive, at least two of them garages, where you can park. Depending on which lot/garage you find and which part of Lummus Park you plan to visit, it is at least a one block walk to the park.
The first floor above the lobby was used for the "Bushido" surveillance window - probably then a hotel bedroom' date=' today an extension of the first floor corridor above the lobby area.[/quote']Sounds like anyone could simply walk in the hotel, go to the second floor, then walk to the east end of the hall and you're there. I may try that soon...Thanks for the info, gang!

My information is that the bathroom building is a replacement. It is on the same footprint and is the same size as the original building. QUOTE]The original bathroom was there until about 2 to 3 years ago then it was torn down to the ground and replaced in the same spot with a new one. I have pictures of the demolition and construction of the Bushido bath house so I will look at the dates on the pictures to give you a better idea as to when the dirty deed was done.

well that explains why i thought it was the original. it was more than 3 years ago when i went.i dunno...this may be the new one.i got this snapshot in 2003:Eingefügtes Bild

well that explains why i thought it was the original. it was more than 3 years ago when i went.i dunno...this may be the new one.i got this snapshot in 2003:Eingefügtes Bild

Its even changed since then with a heading 14th St Restrooms and now repainted in an off white color.