When can we start planning, again?

Tony D.

How many of the .ws members live in Miami?It shouldnt be any problem to gather some money. Pay to one trusted member, and if the convention goes down the drain he just have to pay the money back.

How many of the .ws members live in Miami?It shouldnt be any problem to gather some money. Pay to one trusted member' date=' and if the convention goes down the drain he just have to pay the money back.[/quote']Another good idea but I know of only one active dedicated member who lives in Miami but he is usually busy with other activities. There are about six or seven other active members in the State. Most would attend and some would get involved. TonyD has tried to organize one for years but unfortunately I don't think enough members would attend to make it affordable.

Not to worry' date=' I am still on track to visit sometime next year.[/quote']Aussiefan, I was lucky enough to be shown around by MiamiJim, RichieRich and DanJ last September: I booked and visited the city because the plans for the 25th convention didn't happen but I didn't want that to stop me! I am hoping to return to Miami and the Keys early next summer (probably June) especially now I'm into Burn Notice, I have even more locations to see.Maybe see you in South Beach!Sue

The 2004 convention was at the Alexander Hotel. They needed 10 rooms booked for their discount rate. Same for the Deauville...but they only wanted $5oo to hold the date. When I asked the members here & on the other site ,who would go, only about 8 said they were interested but a few said they would stay with friends or at a cheaper hotel.Others wanted to go if DJ or PMT were to be there, or other actors. John Diel said he would appear but charged a hefty fee.Other fans said with the poor economy, travel from Europe etc. paying for the hotel & a convention fee of around $100 was too much and it would be better to wait for the economy to improve or have a smaller get-together in the future.So that's where we stand.......and I still get e-mails from the Hotels .

• Administrators

A convention is still a great idea. Although I live in Germany I'd help to organize things as good as I can and join the party if it's possible. And it would be very cool to have a MV convention in Miami.But as other members said before earlier plans of a convention were not successful.

ok if its only on this site ;) you shouldnt be headless in life :pi always have a plan in which direction life should go,at least my life :)

Aussiefan' date=' I was lucky enough to be shown around by MiamiJim, RichieRich and DanJ last September: I booked and visited the city because the plans for the 25th convention didn't happen but I didn't want that to stop me! I am hoping to return to Miami and the Keys early next summer (probably June) especially now I'm into Burn Notice, I have even more locations to see.Maybe see you in South Beach!Sue[/quote']It would be great to see you and other vice fans when I arrive.:cheers:KaeptnCaipiTony D.JSCrockettFerrarimanTo anyone I left out in the replies to this link, I appologise. Thanks for your thoughts and input.As I originally said, only new to this site, but just wrote down some ideas for a convention plan and implementing it. Maybe my ideas have been tried before, I don't know. Anyway, if anyone is interested in them they can contact me via this thread or my email. Just they arre 3 pages of ideas and I did not want to take up to mech time on this forum.In the end if we try and a convention does not happen, I still look forward to visiting Miami neat year and hopefully meeting a few of you.Thanks, aussiefan.P.S- I totally understand the sceptisism etc from long term members of the site that have seen this idea put forward and fail before. I would feel the same. Maybe one more genuine push for this and if it fails we just organise a small gathering of fans to hang out for a few days and enjoy Miami. And then move the convention link to a new "history" link.:D

That's me, always headless on this site. I'm the mystery man.Just tell us you're under cover, thats why we can't see your face.:D:)Love the jackett.Thanks sharing your vice collection. It is vey generous and much appreciated.:cheers:

That's me' date=' always headless on this site. I'm the mystery man.Just tell us you're under cover' date=' thats why we can't see your face.:D:)Love the jackett.Thanks sharing your vice collection. It is vey generous and much appreciated.:cheers:[/quote'']shhh,now you told everyone his secret:)

shhh' date='now you told everyone his secret:)[/quote']I hope it isn't a secret agent thing, where because I know, I now get hunted down.:DI was just looking at previous posts in this thread. I noticed mine had some shocking spelling. I really must stop typing so fast, and maybe proof reading occasionally.:)

I hope it isn't a secret agent thing' date=' where because I know' date=' I now get hunted down.:DI was just looking at previous posts in this thread. I noticed mine had some shocking spelling. I really must stop typing so fast, and maybe proof reading occasionally.:)[/quote'']:D anyway i like to come and visit