Donation Awards

timm525

• Administrators

Hello .ws members!There has been a new designation created for members that wish to make a donation to support .ws.Members wishing to contribute to the board will have a gold star put in their profile which will designate you as a donation member to the board.This designation is designed to help Sonny generate funds to pay for the on going maintenance fees of running this board on the internet and to recognize you as a contributing member to support this great cause.There is no limit on the donations, all are welcomed in any amount.Thank you all very much for your support!Admin Team

I think this was a great idea guys - well done! There seems to have been a flurry of donations over the last few days which I'd guess we've not seen in recent months, if at all(?) It's good to see the site receiving well-deserved funds from its membership - it really encourages me and helps lay my fears to rest that we could ever have a similar scenario to the 'old' site where the lack of funding from the site owner seemed to become a permanent threat in the later days. Anyway... I saw that initially we had a 'gold bar' system in place - not sure why that was removed - personally I liked that idea - I can see how some might think it isn't nice on some members who might like to contribute more but don't have the means, but if it ever came to needing to raise a larger amount of funds (to survive at some point perhaps?) then I bet the gold bar system would raise even more funds even more quickly. Any thoughts?

• Administrators

The bar system was removed in order to allow the donation amount to be private. We felt that if members knew the amounts it would not be fair. Not everyone is in a position to donate as much as the next member.

• 2 weeks later...

The bar system was removed in order to allow the donation amount to be private. We felt that if members knew the amounts it would not be fair. Not everyone is in a position to donate as much as the next member.

Hi, just reading this...the privacy option would deal with this, especially for those that want to remain private...