Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man- let's hear some opinions!

JonnyDaytona

I always enjoyed this buddy film, without the expectation for it to be something it wasn't. Fun, fast paced, good action and some humour thrown in for good measure. You could tell the lads had a good time making this one. I always see it as a great late night or rainy afternoon movie.

A total guy movie. I think I've only had one girlfriend who would actually watch it when it came on.I always think of this film or 'El Viejo' when I hear 'Dead or Alive'....

Hey Guys my first post. Yeah I enjoyed it too didn't have to think too much about it.One of those movies where you just enjoy it for what it is. No deep & meaningfuls or abstract plots just good ole entertainment

Not trying to be a contrarian, but this is the one DJ movie I don't care if I ever see again. It was just so bizarre, and it was painful seeing him basically play second banana to Mickey Rourke."Dead Bang" remains tops in my book!

I watched part of it when I was 11 years old or so. I had no idea who Don Johnson was at the time, so I kinda brushed off Marlboro Man. I had just watched Rumble Fish in English class, so I kinda knew who Mickey Rourke was. It was a pretty cool but ridiculous movie. The most ridiculous scene was when they jumped off that hotel roof into the pool without getting hurt. Luckily, they missed the shallow end of the pool, or I sure hope they missed it. And the ending was pretty ridiculous. I think the they hired a helicopter with a machine gun to shoot down the bad guy's office. The bad guy then smirks and remarks that they hired some help. And Marlboro Man says something like, "No, we used your money to hire them. YOU paid for them." Or something like that.

VC I think Dead Bang is a better movie as well. I did however drag my poor kid to see it when it came out..lol....I bought her a barbie to go see it with me....:D:DAnyway you have to love those boots that he keeps taping and the saying his daddy always said......I liked the movie but not as much as some of his others and don't like beards, no offense you men with beards......JMO......:)

I've been wanting to see HD&MM, I suppose it's only a matter of time before I come across a copy somewhere...Now, as for Dead Bang, that's a seriously good movie! Even though it was butchered on Sleuth, and I haven't seen it uncut, DJ knocked it out of the park with that one!

Hey Guys my first post. Yeah I enjoyed it too didn't have to think too much about it.One of those movies where you just enjoy it for what it is. No deep & meaningfuls or abstract plots just good ole entertainment

Welcome to the site, Paul....You summed that up perfectly.

• Administrators

VC I think Dead Bang is a better movie as well...

I agree with that.I loved the line by DJ and the police chief, "you don't need the gun chief, just tell em who you are....ahhhhhh f**k you Beck...F**k you too chief and your god d**n French fries." as they get shot at and wreck the police car going to that ranch.

I agree with that.I loved the line by DJ and the police chief' date=' "you don't need the gun chief, just tell em who you are....ahhhhhh f**k you Beck...F**k you too chief and your god d**n French fries." as they get shot at and wreck the police car going to that ranch.[/quote']Well I see gstien's not the only one with a mouth:D