Jan Hammer - Knight Rider 2000

cageyJG

Excuse me as I can't contain myself after learning that Jan Hammer did a nice original theme for the late eighties [ 1991 ;) ] C'mon now, did anyone ever talk about this on the forum?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCytcYtb9RAWhat a cool fan video. It tells a nice story. I think the car was a little too ostentatious, but who cares. From what I can tell from the video, one of the cool things is watching the Michael and Devin come out of retirement (spy Michael down at the fishin' hole). I'm thinking the movie overall wasn't so hot but oh well. Did I mention Jan Hammer? Alternate title for this post was going to be "Da-da, da-da, da-da. [1/8 rest] da-da [rest] da-da (key change) Da-da... never mind (it's the original Knight Rider theme). I'm'a movin' an' groovin'.

That is about the best looking GM I have ever seen!!!I used to own a chevy...then I got a job.Funny, I don't remember that movie ever coming out or being advertised etc. This is the first I ever heard of it. It must have been a real flop?...straight to video perhaps?

• Administrators

It came out for TV.The car was a mix or concept car IIRC correctly.If you have the Knight Rider series on DVDs, they added the movie in as a bonus on one of the seasons.

I believe that this was a test to see if there was interest in a Knight Rider Series. If it had gotten big ratings, they might have redone the series back then instead of what they tried to do a few years ago.

• Administrators

Yep, the movie was supposed to start a new series with the girl taking Michael's place in Kitt and Michael taking Devon's place.The movie, although marginally cool, flopped big time.I think it was because Bonnie wasn't in the movie! :p

Thanks for posting this, CageyJG. I had no idea Hammer did anything for Knight Rider.This isn't my favorite Hammer piece, but I'm still glad to hear it.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Turbo Boost Tribute

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=arL04K3HLMw

Somebody tried to mix Knight Rider 2010 with Crockett's Theme, but I didn't get it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4iyvN8crs I'm posting it because I got too much K.I.T.T. in my Jan Hammer in this thread.Edit: If you want a good laugh, look at how HORRIBLE the new Knight Rider became:
Oh. My. ***.