Sign in to follow this  
timm525

Season 1 - Final Remarks

Matt5

Overall a fantastic Season !:thumbsup::cool::D

ViceFanMan
I disagree. Made for each other is on the silly side' date=' but it does have a heart. The friendship between Stan and Larry was nice and Sonny had a great talk with larry at the end.I am not very keen on Noogie, I always thought he was annoying. But still, a fun episode, but still bottom of the first season. But I would prefer this episode above 80% of the season 4 episodes for example. At least the cast and crew was having some fun.[/quote']Yeah, I agree that Noogie was annoying and irritated the heck out of me! :evil: LOL! :) But, so did "Made For Each Other"...and it wasn't just because they included both Noogie and Izzy in the same episode...although that seriously added to the irritation and stupidity. :p But, even though I liked Stan and Larry...that episode was just pointless and almost an "SNL" spoof of a "MV" episode--it was stupid! :thumbsdown: But, that's just my opinion--totally respect those who like it. :thumbsup: After all...it still is "MV". :cool:However, I actually like most of Season 4 and 5 episodes...I don't think those seasons are as "horrible" as some make them out to be. ;) There are some very bad and/or poor episodes in those seasons... (Season 4's "Missing Hours" is not only the worst episode of the series...but possibly in TV history, and Season 5's "Miracle Man" was pretty ridiculous) but as a whole the seasons are still pretty awesome! :clap: So, I'd rather watch several Season 4 or 5 episodes over "Made For Each Other". :done:

AzVice

Hit List and Calderone's Return Part 2 are kind of my favorite's but i have to put Brother's Keeper at #1

Matt5

Yes love Hit List and Calderone's Return Part 2 as well as Brother's Keeper . So many fine episodes including No Exit and Nobody Lives Forever. A groundbreaking Season !!

10/10:D

Castillo71

Evan. One of the greatest episodes of the whole series. William Russ should have won  Emmy award for his performance as Evan Freed. Another favourites from S1: No Exit, Milk Run, Smuggler's Blues, Nobody Lives Forever

Matt5

A great season - the Pilot, Hit List and Calderone episodes ,  Rites of Passage ...the list goes on and on :D

Matt5

I love the feel of this Season - you really feel the Miami heat . 10/10:fireworks::):D:D

Jay1984

Oh boi its a hard one.... Calderones demise... Hit list.... No exit.... Evan.... Golden Triangle... so many classics but i got to go with CD.. Its just good old awesomeness :thumbsup: I love the Calderone arc so much. 

Matt5
On 10/23/2016 at 1:21 PM, Jay1984 said:

Oh boi its a hard one.... Calderones demise... Hit list.... No exit.... Evan.... Golden Triangle... so many classics but i got to go with CD.. Its just good old awesomeness :thumbsup: I love the Calderone arc so much. 

Great - yes so many great episodes in that first half of the Season - really set the standard

10/10:done:

Remington

My personal ranking. This changes all the time.

1 Brother's Keeper

2 The Hit List

3 Calderone's Demise

4 One Eyed Jack

5 The Home Invaders

6 Evan

7 Smugglers Blues

8 Score

9 Golden Triangle

10 No Exit

11 Cool Runnin'

12 Heart Of Darkness

13 The Great McCarthy

14 Milk Run

15 Rites Of Passage

16 Made For Each Other

17 Lombard

18 Glades

19 Little Prince

20 Give A Little, Take A Little

21 The Maze

22 Nobody Lives Forever

Matt5
On 5/6/2017 at 6:49 AM, Remington said:

My personal ranking. This changes all the time.

1 Brother's Keeper

2 The Hit List

3 Calderone's Demise

4 One Eyed Jack

5 The Home Invaders

6 Evan

7 Smugglers Blues

8 Score

9 Golden Triangle

10 No Exit

11 Cool Runnin'

12 Heart Of Darkness

13 The Great McCarthy

14 Milk Run

15 Rites Of Passage

16 Made For Each Other

17 Lombard

18 Glades

19 Little Prince

20 Give A Little, Take A Little

21 The Maze

22 Nobody Lives Forever

Wow all episodes ranked !

• Like 1

summer84

I have yet to make a ranking list for S1. :)  Although I know "Brother's Keeper" is my number one. 

So far so good. :D

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

ZAQ 178

It would have to be Brothers keeper for me. It's where it all started and was built from. Crocketts intro was pretty bad ass as his image was a little ragged out from partying all night into the morning but also really driving home his style in that opening. Gives a good character feel of what his job does to him. It's where Tubbs and Crockett team up as well.

Calderone's return part 2 is a close second w/ great scenery matching tunes on the boat on the way to get Calderone and on the way back to Miami among other things.

Edited by ZAQ 178
  • Like 1

Daytona74

There can be no doubt in anybody's mind ever that Miami Vice was groundbreaking television for its day. They just got it so incredibly right with season one. Name one episode of season 1 that positively sucks, I dare you. They managed to even make a daft episode like "Made for Each Other" not only forgivable, but really very entertaining for all the right reasons. Episodes like "Give A Little, Take A Little" or "The Maze" may not have been S1's strong points, but they're still good.

My all-time favorite episode, not just of S1 but of the whole series, is Lombard. A break from the norm of standard drug busts, but a refreshing one at that, delivered the usual unique Michael Mann way, and with a haunting theme to boot that to me counts as one of Jan Hammer's all-time best. I also really like Calderone's Return and Golden Triangle, and  great episodes like The Home Invaders or Evan. But somehow, Lombard has always been the undisputed number one for me. ;)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2