Jan Hammer Christmas mp3

Dadrian

Every year Jan sends out a Christmas gift to his mailing list. They are always great.I've been thinking about a request, and the worst that could happen is he'll say no, not respond at all, or say "i hate you for covering my songs" :)No matter what, I'll live.I want to send a physical package to Elliot Sears (Jan's manager) and request that he give us an unreleased MV song this year. The package will include a note explaining the request, a dvd of the cue(s) in question, and maybe even cd with a suggested arrangement (if it's one i've covered).I think this will be more effective than an email.What I want to do with this thread is take nominations for the song to request. Then the most nominated will make up a poll that will be posted for us all to vote on. The winner will be the request.What do you guys think?I'll start by nomiinating the music from "Buddies". I know many of you enjoy my cover of it (remission), as do I, but I'll never be able to substitute the real version of that great cue, imo.There are SO many great ones. I think I already know some of your nominations, but let's hear them anyway :)I wanna get this sent out pretty soon so that Jan will have plenty of time to make the mp3 if he decides to do it.woo-hoo! 2000 posts for me. can't think of a better subject for it! ;)

that's the purpose of this thread, coop: nominate your song. lemme have it!the nominations will generate a poll. the poll winner will be the request. buddies is just my nomination.

I didn't post a nomination, because I haven't thought of one yet.I'll post one when I come up with one. Yours was a good one being it had music suitable for a church.

• Administrators

Great idea! I know everyone loves the "Buddies" music but in my opinion, your cover has nailed it. I would prefer something unreleased that hasn't even been covered.My vote is for the "Viking Bikers" music

i've been thinking, maybe i'll pick the top three from the poll and ask jan to share his favorite of the three. that way he gets a choice and maybe has more incentive to go with it.

I'm still thinking.But I too would rather have something unreleased.Not sure if ELLIOT SEARS and HAMMER will go for this.Obviously, I hope they do.

• Administrators

I remember quite some time ago (perhaps in the Jan Hammer interview?) that Jan mentioned possibly offering more Vice cues as downloads from his official site. This would be his chance!

sometimes i feel like there will be no response, sometime i feel like just maybe. either way, its def. worth asking.

• Administrators

As you said, worst case scenario, he says no. Best case scenario, we get something fantastic!

Nothing ventured nothing gained.Is it just me, or only the die hard JAN HAMMER fans posting in this thread so far? Only one other person has posting something besides us three so far.

Perhaps were just rabid fans of JAN HAMMER, and most people are casual listeners and just don't get into it the same way.It may have nothing to do with the title.

• Administrators
Nothing ventured nothing gained.Is it just me' date=' or only the die hard JAN HAMMER fans posting in this thread so far? Only one other person has posting something besides us three so far.[/quote']I can't keep up with you guys. Too intimidating ;)

Fantastic idea nofretz! I, for one, would love to see your idea come to light. I just feel, like others, that Jans website has been stagnant for a while now.Anyway, I would like to nominate the cue heard in Everybody's In Showbiz (Season 3) when C&T are searching Mikey's theatre, find the award, then walk out into the street when Mikey is taken away in the patrol car (I think the cue ends with an "orchestra hit" type sound).If you know what I'm on about then great! If you haven't got a clue what I mean I shall try to give you the time it's heard on the dvd.

maybe i chose a bad title for the topic.Fman: if you can think of a better one' date=' please change it.[/quote']I've got a great name for it: The Guzmann's Vibe Appreciation Thread :shout::shout::fireworks:Eingefügtes Bild

Hey guys,don't worry you're not just 3 die hard fans of JH, I am too but it's just that after all this time we are a little desperate and we don't know what more to say..But as a huge fan of his music (which I listen everyday) I'm ready and motivated to wait and to do anything I can to get these awesome unreleased tracks..So if you know where I can make my requests too, if there is any mail adress where I can reach JH or his manager, please let me know.I guess Christmas is the perfect time to hope again...Great idea of yours Dadrian.

Late to this thread but I'd like to throw in the suggestion of a piece used in 3 episodes. Its used in Season 1: Give A Little,Take A Little Season 2: Payback & Season 3: Cuba Libre.COOPER&BURNETT posted a section of it at Janhammer.net. He called it Give A Little Take A Little Club Music Its a great piece.http://www.jan-hammer.net/streams/give11.ramEither that, or the action piece from the same S1/S2 episodes. That is, when Sonny and Rico chased the bad guy in the 4x4 (S1) or the fight with Kaits on the speedboat (S2)

• 1 month later...

Dadrian,I haven't been able to visit the site in a while (until yesterday), so I don't know if I'm too late and you've already sent off your package to Jan's manager. I like your idea of sending this request to Jan. My favorite unreleased MV score of his has always been Definitely Miami. Like you say, the worst thing that could happen is that he just says no, but it's certainly worth asking.

Dadrian, What about the "New York Theme - Love Theme Version" featured in Prodigal Son / The Fix - its a haunting theme played during the Margaret and Sonny talks("Prodigal Son") and when Crockett talks to the Judge in the Park("The Fix").:D