Boat for sale.

Stinger390X

Well here you go ladies and gents...http://cgi.ebay.ca/Chris-Craft-Stinger-390X-Cigarette-Miami-Vice-Boat-WOW_W0QQitemZ220467262696QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPower_Motorboats?hash=item3354df74e8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14This is one of the other mysterious hulls of 1985 I have just tracked down. Three more to go and I have found them all!By the way, I love how this guy calls it a "Cigarette". (what a tool!)Anyway this one is ok but I found a few little things wrong with it. Nice boat though for the price?Start dreaming and go see your bank manager.

That boat is a good looker, Stinger. Please bear with my ignorance, but what is a cigarette boat? I thought the thin, sleek shape!

• Administrators

I agree Tony. I always thought the definition of a "Cigarette Boat" was a slim, long, fast, sleek boat.Emphasis on FAST!

It's a "generic" term for one of those fast, expensive, sleek boats. The was a boat called a CIGARETTE, but now anything that is an off shore boat of those type are genericly called, "CIGARETTE".

• Administrators

I think the term was coined after the look and speed of the boat. After you got zoomed in at Mach speed, you said to yourself, "I need a cigarette". :)

That boat is a good looker' date=' Stinger. Please bear with my ignorance, but what is a cigarette boat? I thought the thin, sleek shape![/quote']Tony a "Cigarette" is a boat that was built by a guy named Don Aronow. He used to own many companies such as Formula etc, but his last company before his death was called Cigarette. He was an avid boat racer as well. He is most famous for starting "Thunder Boat Row" which is the area in Miami where many boat builders built GO-FAST Boats.People always come up to me and call my boat a Cigarette and I quickly correct them and tell them it's a Chris Craft. Cigs have a long 22 degree deadrise hull but are very narrow (usually about an 8 foot beam) The boats are very oppulant and extravagent but I do not like the small beam as it causes "roll" A wider beam will give more stability and better handling in turns I find.Don't get me wrong cig's are beautiful boats, but I hate it when the average joe calls mine one of those as it just shows ignorance. The Cigarette brand has a strong reputation and branding so common folk probably only know that brand name alone but there are dozens of hulls that do well in competition.Hope that answers your question Tony?

The one thing I must say good about Cig's is that the factory builds each boat per spec! There are rarely, if ever, two of a kind boats! Each one is built to the specs of the purchaser including guages and paint scheme etc. The top of the line (like a Lincoln or Cadillac for example) is a boat called the "TOP GUN" These are very nice and go very very fast! They are also very pricey!(see pic below) Cigarette boats also have that totally identifiable oval with a huge number "1" in the middle of it. It is almost asfamous as the Nike swoosh!A good friend of mine has a Fountain and quite frankly IMHO I would take one of those over a Cigarette anyday if I had the money! Unfortunately I don't so I stay a humble Chris Craft owner of a 25 year old boat.A Fountain, made by the Reggie Fountain Company, is also a very nice boat. It is easily recognisable from the droop on the front of the bow just before the deadrise. This is a signature design in all Fountains.End boat lesson class 101, lesson one. More to come if requested.Images from left to right; Cigarette Top Gun interior, Cigarette side view of paint scheme, My Stinger 390X, 2007 Fountain, Cigarette logo

post-35-13892962949505_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892962949732_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892962949919_thumb.jpg

post-35-13892962950119_thumb.jpg

post-35-1389296297447_thumb.jpg

I have sent the guy two messages already asking for the vin of the boat to do a search on it.So far no response??? I guess he is not in a hurry to sell it?I sure wanted to clarify if it is actually one of the series of factory made 390X's as there are a few cosmetic differences, so I think it might be a paint copy?Would be nice to find out.

If it was a car you could do tha same check of th VIN for any leans etc. It would be especially important for a boat as the price is so high usually. There is always a bank involved and that is the first thing that should be given out!

• 1 year later...