STONE AGE PEOPLE STILL EXIST!

COOPER&BURNETT

It's still hard to believe that these people are neo lithic, and have been around for 60,000 years. You'd think tsunamis or storms or something would have killed them hundereds, if not thousands of years ago. No fire??It's still truly is amazing if you think about it.Another reason India said they don't want to interfer (on top of being killed) they don't want modern man to infect them with diseases. It could wipe them out like when Spain introduced disease that killed American Indians. Some tribes were wiped out. I'd love to know what is on the island after all these thousands of years that we have no idea is there.

Many thanks for posting this thread Coop. I think you have posted pics from two separate tribes. The initial pics posted are of the Sentinelese from the Bay of Bengal. But the more colorful looking people (as in those that have their bodies painted) are from the Amazon, as the link suggests:http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/05/080530-uncontacted-tribes-photo.htmlIt is amazing how we still have these people with us today and how they have managed to remain so reclusive. And there seems to be a general consensus not to disturb them...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/05/080530-uncontacted-tribes-photo.htmlIt is amazing how we still have these people with us today and how they have managed to remain so reclusive. And there seems to be a general consensus not to make disturb them...

Thanks for the correction!I know the Sentinelese are a very black skinned people, as the ones from the Amazon seem to be a little less dark skinned.Thanks again for the correction, and interest! :clap::thumbsup:

And there seems to be a general consensus not to disturb them...

As it should be. I don't see microwaves and cell phones making them happier. Leave them alone, so as not to disturb the interpersonal and family relationships that they have chosen. Who are we to judge if they choose to kill a member of their own tribe? We would probably think we are best to choose a leader for them, and that would be the worst possible thing. We have no right to impose our values and beliefs on them. Flying aircraft over their huts disturbs me a little too, but if they were looking for the lost fishermen, then I'll deal with it. I'm done with my rant now.

They are a link to an earlier time. A link to our human past.And it's not a dream. These ancient people actualy still exist.I find this so interesting.

Quote C&B: "I'd love to know what is on the island after all these thousands of years that we have no idea is there."Maybe ......King Kong! :)

Doesn't this topic kinda bring out the INDIANA JONES in all of us?I lOVE exploring!

COOP, when I have to head back to India this year on business I'd love to have you stand in for me.

COOP' date=' when I have to head back to India this year on business I'd love to have you stand in for me.[/quote']I'm so there!

Doesn't this topic kinda bring out the INDIANA JONES in all of us?I lOVE exploring!

Have you seen The History channel's "Cities of the Underworld"?

Try and download some episodes from the net if you can. If you're into exploration, you'll love "Cities of the Underworld". This guy who's an urban explorer investigates both modern and ancient subterreanean systems across the world dating as back as recently as 1980's cold war bunkers in San Francisco to 4,500 year old man made cave systems in Ireland.http://www.yidio.com/show/cities-of-the-underworld

• 1 year later...
It's still hard to believe that these people are neo lithic' date=' and have been around for 60,000 years. You'd think tsunamis or storms or something would have killed them hundereds, if not thousands of years ago. No fire??It's still truly is amazing if you think about it.Another reason India said they don't want to interfer (on top of being killed) they don't want modern man to infect them with diseases. It could wipe them out like when Spain introduced disease that killed American Indians. Some tribes were wiped out. I'd love to know what is on the island after all these thousands of years that we have no idea is there.[/quote']I STILL want to know what is on the island after 60,000 + years. Are there any thought to be exinct plants or animals living there still? What do their houses look like? Do they have art, or idols?If I could, I'd make arrangements to go to the island with night vision goggles, and infared equipment, go at night, and set up hidden cameras all over the island in various places. They could be viewed, and operated remotely, and safely.You could tell with the heat signatures produced by the infared equipment if someone is around for safety reasons. You could get around at night with the night vision goggles. I want to go.I want to know what's there, and how they live.I want to know.

They are probably worshiping a statue of Izzy with Noogy as his prophet! :D

Well.....there's one way to find out.I want to go and introduce them to pastel colors. :)Seriously though' date=' I'm sure my plan about hiding cameras that would be run by remote would work, and be a [u']really facinating documentary!

What you need, Coop, is Harry Potter´s camouflage cape.:) Wrapped in it, you could walk around the island without beeing seen by the stone age people.

What you need' date=' Coop, is Harry Potter´s camouflage cape.:) Wrapped in it, you could walk around the island without beeing seen by the stone age people.[/quote']Or I could have Scotty "Beam me out of there" with the transporter at the first sign of trouble. :)I think my real way would actually work in the real world.:thumbsup:I want to do this.