"Songs of the Century"

cageyJG

Stumbled over this 2001 article from a link on the Kim Carnes website - I might add this is U.S. only (first thing I did was search for Duran Duran and it wasn't there). An interesting list for those into lists!http://archives.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/07/list.top.365.songs/1. "OVER THE RAINBOW" JUDY GARLAND 2. "WHITE CHRISTMAS" BING CROSBY 3. 'THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND" WOODY GUTHRIE 4. "RESPECT" ARETHA FRANKLIN 5. "AMERICAN PIE" DON McLEAN 6. "BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY" THE ANDREWS SISTERS 7. WEST SIDE STORY (album) original cast 8. "TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME" BILLY MURRAY 9. "YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN" THE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS 10. "THE ENTERTAINER" SCOTT JOPLIN 355. "NEAR YOU" FRANCIS CRAIG ORCHESTRA 356. "SING ME BACK HOME" MERLE HAGGARD 357. "DJANGO" THE MODERN JAZZ QUARTET 358. "RESPECT YOURSELF" THE STAPLES SINGERS 359. "DOO WOP (THAT THING)" LAURYN HILL 360. "MAMA HE'S CRAZY" THE JUDDS 361. "NO SCRUBS" TLC 362. "SATURDAY IN THE PARK" CHICAGO 363. "BILLS, BILLS, BILLS" DESTINY'S CHILD 364. "ADDICTIVE LOVE" BEBE & CECE WINANS 365. "ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER" JIMI HENDRIX

Equal timeI like this database better:http://www.everyhit.com/-A U.K. Top 40 database I was looking at last night... one of the eds. on an '80s site has a project to put 100 top 100 U.K. '80s songs on his Zune, the catch is that they should have never been in the U.S. top 50... or something like that...Of course on Rhapsody you can autoplay U.S. Billboard Top 40 year by year ;P