• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Unfortunately I wasn't even thought of yet :(

A sperm in a ballsack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Unfortunately I wasn't even thought of yet :(

Don't feel bad.. I was only 7 years old!   My mom did not let me watch those shows as a kid:thumbsdown:...HOWEVER, when I turned 12...I got sooo into Miami Vice!   And it's been happiness ever since! :thumbsup:   I was born in the middle.  Too young to understand, but not old enouh to watch!

• Haha 2

I was 8 years old and my parents typically didn't let me watch too violent of shows at that age. ;) So I did not actually get to see the Pilot TV movie when it 1st aired. 

But one of my best friends' family watched the show...so many a Friday night I spent the night at his house and got to see most of 1st season when it 1st aired! :thumbsup:

Im sure he'd "love" this if he knew it...but actor Bruce Willis will always be psycho, wife-abusing, illegal weapons dealer Tony Amato to me--as No Exit was the 1st thing I ever saw him in, lol!! :p

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I know the pilot aired in 1984 in US on NBC but we only got the show over in Italy from spring '86. I was only 8 years old when I walked into the living room to see my dad watching the show and the rest is history.I somehow distinctively remember it was a scene with Castillo at OCB office. The guy with black suit and mustache made quite some impression on me :cool:. I began to better understand what the show was really about when watching the first re-runs on TV in my teens. As with the pilot, I only got to see it later during the 90s re-runs.

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 2

I was 21 when the show aired in the USA, but in Germany it was first shown in 1986. Before it started it was a lot talked about it. Some newspapers claimed that the show would be canceled quickly because it was boring. There would be a lot of music but hardly any plot. I would like to know what journalists from back then say today if you ask them about what they said back then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christine said:

Some newspapers claimed that the show would be canceled quickly because it was boring. There would be a lot of music but hardly any plot.

LOL....I guess they were right :D

On 8/11/2017 at 1:13 PM, jenny said:

Don't feel bad.. I was only 7 years old!   My mom did not let me watch those shows as a kid:thumbsdown:...HOWEVER, when I turned 12...I got sooo into Miami Vice!   And it's been happiness ever since! :thumbsup:   I was born in the middle.  Too young to understand, but not old enouh to watch!

I was more or less the same. When MV came along I was into different shows that would better cater for a child (A-Team, Knight rider). As I got older , I lost interest in those TV series and I got into vice. And i never looked back.

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1

Kansas City, MO.  I was 4 years old and my interests were Dukes of Hazzard and Masters of the Universe.  I didn't start watching until later seasons, and even then it was sporadic, as my mother really didn't want me watching it.  I would go to my friend's house next door.  I really didn't appreciate the show until I was able to sit with the dvds and watch the whole series.

• Like 2

Friday night in September if 84? I was 4. I guarantee you I was in front of the mirror with Thriller on the platter. I’m not joking! :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Friday night in September if 84? I was 4. I guarantee you I was in front of the mirror with Thriller on the platter. I’m not joking! :) 

That's another thing I became obsessed with later.  Bad and Thriller were always in my Walkman.  I wanted those red jackets so bad!!!!  Part of me still does.:dance2:

• Like 2

When the show first aired in Sydney, Australia on channel 9 in early '85 (I think) it did not start with the pilot episode. I don't know why but they skipped the crucial pilot and went straight to "Heart of Darkness"

The pilot only got released a few years later on vhs tape. By then I was hooked on the show so it was cool to finally see how Crockett and Tubbs got together.

I honestly wish I could see it as an alien...not knowing Rico is Rico, you know? 

What was that like @Ferrariman? Did you have it figured out before he told Crockett towards the end?

Overseas. I didn't actually see Vice until it started rerunning on USA.

And in line with Dadrian's music comments, I would have been listening to Iron Maiden, Accept, and probably Motley Crue (actually saw them on the European leg of the Shout at the Devil tour).

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 1

I was 8 in Maryland. It was rerun a couple times after its original airing which is when I think I actually saw it. One of those was Jan 25 1985 which may have been the one.  It was also rerun July 28 1985 but that sounds a little late for being my first time.

Seeing the pilot so late after the show had started, I was baffled as to why Tubbs called himself Raphael in the beginning. I didn't have a clue as to why he had a different name and it only clicked when he stated the reason. I'm not too bright

Also the flashbacks in Calderone's Demise finally made complete sense.

It was a weird way to watch the pilot, so late into the show.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I honestly wish I could see it as an alien...not knowing Rico is Rico, you know? 

What was that like @Ferrariman? Did you have it figured out before he told Crockett towards the end?

Oh I knew something was up with Rico.  I'm just surprised Crockett didn't figure it out sooner! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Oh I knew something was up with Rico.  I'm just surprised Crockett didn't figure it out sooner! 

He asked Gina to run a computer background check on his identity though...I think he did his homework.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I missed the pilot in 1984 and I have no idea why.  Once my friends talked about it, I immediately started watching.  But I'll never be able to experience that magic moment when the show debuted.

;(

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

I missed the pilot in 1984 and I have no idea why.  Once my friends talked about it, I immediately started watching.  But I'll never be able to experience that magic moment when the show debuted.

I started watching MV in 2018. So very late. I had some ideas in my mind like "it´s all about drugs, fast cars and pretty girls". And therefore I wouldn´t have watched it if the MV-box wasn´t a present. So I gave it a try.

And it´s kind of funny. Because I watched that late, nobody talking about MV anymore, and on my own, every single episode and arc was totally new and unexpected for me. That was a great experience! And more than this, I could watch it in about just 4 months, I could indeed immerse in the MV world.

So I´m actually happy I didn´t watch it when it was originally aired. Watching the original broadcast while living in that time and place would certainly have also had its, very different charm.

Edited by Glades