Where Were You When The Pilot Aired?

Vicechic84

• Administrators

on the couch aged 14 and getting my first kiss with first girlfriend called Cathy Gilbert. tried to keep up with the plot but got slightly distracted

Thank God for reruns eh? ;)

I was in Germany on business for 5 weeks so missed the early episodes. But I got to go to Oktoberfest and drink very good beer.

Eingefügtes Bild

I was almost 7, going to 2nd grade of primary school, because of the time difference I reckon I was tight asleep :done:A year or two later when we had MV on TV I remember seeing bits, especially the intro, but it was on too late for me to stay up and watch it, but I remember thinking wow this is cool, and it still is :rauchen:

I don't really remember, because I was too young then. When it started in Russia, I also missed the pilot and started watching much later... maybe even from the 4th season. But I caught up when the reruns started... and then again, and again... LOL

In Estonia, Miami Vice first aired in 1993, so i didn't see it because i was born in 1994.. Now, they are showing Miami Vice again. They started to show it in December 2008 and then, I didn't know anything about Miami Vice, so I missed the pilot..But in Finland Miami Vice first aired in 1986 and then in Estonia everybody watched it. My mother watched it, my father watched it, my best friend's mother and father watched it..

on the couch aged 14 and getting my first kiss with first girlfriend called Cathy Gilbert. tried to keep up with the plot but got slightly distracted

by a curious twist of fate, I'm going out with this same girl for coffee next week to reminisce about old times...! :):glossy:

Cool! Don't forget to bring the pilot ep too. :)

her favourite episode was Nobody Lives Forever cos she loves hotdogs. looks a bit like belinda carlisle too so is v hot

• 2 weeks later...

When the pilot aired in America I had to stay in hospital because of pregnancy problems. By the way,when the pilot aired, Prince Harry was born.

Hmm, I have no recolection of seeing the pilot when it aired, I was 5 at the time.I do however remember watching MV from the 3rd season on, the white Ferrari testarossa sticking out every saturday night as the family sat in front of the tv to watch Miami Vice.The music, the cars and the not always happy endings were what impressed me, the ambiance of Miami at night, I have no words to describe what it meant and still means to me. All I can say is, every time I watch an episode, from the moment the theme hits, I have butterflies in my stomach and I feel like a kid again, sitting on the floor in front of the tv in the living room back when...

• 1 year later...

In 1985, when MV started to air in the UK, I was around 10 years old (primary school). My dad watched MV and I would stay up and watch it with him. The sun, colour, music, cars, boats, style. I loved MV from the first moment I saw it.Think the first episode I saw was Hit List. Still one of my favourites. :D

I had just stared the 6th grade I believe. I was 12 years old at the time and I was hooked on the show from the start. My parents let me watch, didn't have to sneak to see the Vice. It had a huge influence on me as far as what music I liked, clothes, and my viewing habits. To someone who has never watched Vice I say, "What the hell are you waiting for?".

When the pilot aired in Germany in Dec 86 I was 18 years old and lived with my parents and my younger brother. We all watched together! We all love Miami Vice from the begining! And my older sister love it too. :happy:

Oh well.. as I was only four years old when the pilot aired in Germany, I was probably in bed sleeping..:cry: I sometimes wish I was born ten years earlier.. :p

• 2 weeks later...
I was 29 in 1984. Commercials for this groundbreaking new show called "Miami Vice" were all over the TV. I remember "In The Air Tonight" being played during the commercials for what promised to be the coolest show on TV! I was front and center for the premiere! I honestly can't think of a time' date=' since that day, when Vice hasn't influenced my life in some way, shape or form. It's been a constant companion over the last 25 years and the passion hasn't faded yet! As long as "Miami Vice" has a fan following I'll be there![/quote']I was 30ish ;) Had a part-time job babysitting on a Friday night. Turned on the TV and there was "Rites of Passage". I don't know why it took me until Feb 1985 to watch MV. I had seen the ads, but once I saw it, it was All About Miami Vice :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

I was in 3rd gradeHahahaha!!! Miami Vice...I was in 3rd grade. I remember talking on the phone with my "girlfriend" about Miami Vice every night. I even use to dress like DJ even with the slip on shoes...I will find a picture and post!!!!

I was finishing high school Grade 12 and that night me and my father sat down in front of our colored tv and watched the miami vice the pilot.Fantastic night still remember that.

At this time we plugged into the preparations for our :happy: wedding. We invited a lot of friends and wanted to discuss the expiry, guest list and further planning. Someone said in the evening: "Tonight is the first episode of Miami Vice. I've heard so much about it now, now I want to see it, otherwise I have to go stop earlier ...." Well, who already asked guests throw from the house:eek:? So TV turned on and within a very short time we were all quite spectacular capture of this new series. Somehow that night no one is interested more for our wedding (but I -frankly- not even)! Is not it strange that we all still know almost exactly what we have done just that time? This is only reserved for special events, moving the case (see-:cry:unfortunately:cry:-11.11.2001). Certainly not a good comparison - but a drastic ...

I was probably in my 2nd year of school. I would say that the show premiered here around early 1985. Our summer is from December to February, so the official ratings season starts towards the end of summer (February to March). So shows that premiere in the US in September premiere in Australia in the new year.I definitely remember the promos for it!! :cool:

• 2 months later...

Hhmm....Miami Vice originally aired in Australia in 1985, so I would have been 8 or 9 years old at the time. I have fond memories of staying up with Dad to watch the show. I was always excited when the opening intro would come onto our TV screen! I remember Dad being a big fan of the show and being attracted to Gina! He would wear pastel shirts and we had a blue neon light as a backdrop in our loungeroom! :radar:Today is his birthday.... RIP Dad (4 June, 1951-30 March, 2006).