COLLEGE FOOTBALL

COOPER&BURNETT

... and FLORIDA GATORS.

You are hereby awarded honorary Florida residency status. Now go put up your storm shutters and pay your taxes and look out for the nearly-blind old timers on the road. :)

My partents used to live in TAMPA Fl.I have had a strong fondness for Florida even before VICE.I liked the MIAMI DOLPHINS during the Bob Griese years.MIAMI VICE just sealed the deal!The Gators, Seminoles, Huricanes, Florida St. etc. are all A-O.K. with me.

USC beats OHIO STATE 18-15 with a little more than a minute left on the clock stunning the largest, and loudest crowd Ohio State stadium has ever had (106,033).The TROJANS drove 14 plays and 86 yards to score a TD & a two point conversion to beat Ohio for the 7th straight time.GO USC!

USC beats OHIO STATE 18-15 with a little more than a minute left on the clock stunning the largest' date=' and loudest crowd Ohio State stadium has ever had (106,033).The TROJANS drove 14 plays and 86 yards to score a TD & a two point conversion to beat Ohio for the 7th straight time.GO USC![/quote']Moments after the game, I got an email showing that t-shirts for this game are already available!Eingefügtes BildI order my college football gear from this company, and they are right on top of things.

I don't have a time/chance to follow it closely so I just read the scores, but I am all for Wisconsin Badgers :) and they started the season well! They're 2-0I like other major WI teams as well, Brewers are in a slump; the Packers play tonight and I hope for a great season :)I don't know how I came to like WI, it was all by coincidence, but if I ever move to US I'd love to live there :o and have summer home in Miami too :p

• 11 months later...

I hate Notre Dame. :thumbsdown:

That's a team that is like the DALLAS COWBOYS' date=' you either love them, or hate them.I too, am not a fan of Notre Dame. USC usually beats them as of late. Killer fight song though! :clap:I think USC'S fight song is second best.

Not many people know this, but in 1927, (LEGENDARY WESTERN STAR ACTOR) JOHN WAYNE was a member of the USC TROJAN football team!That's right, "THE DUKE" was a USC football player!Eingefügtes BildDON'T MESS WITH THE DUKE!

This is the inside of a 1927 program that shows John Wayne on the roster VS Stanford.John Wayne's real name (Marion Morrison) is shown.Eingefügtes Bild

I have nothing with college football' date=' but you make every thread interesting to read! Great pictures and thanks for the 'history lesson' :thumbsup:[/quote'] Oh, your welcome!

Guest myonlyvice

PAC 10 fan here.GO USC!!

So, C&B. What are your thoughts on Lane Kiffin as head coach? Also the sanctions the NCAA dealt USC? I'm not trying to be negative, it's just that this is big news if you're a Trojan.

So' date=' C&B. What are your thoughts on Lane Kiffin as head coach? Also the sanctions the NCAA dealt USC? I'm not trying to be negative, it's just that this is big news if you're a Trojan.[/quote']If Reggie Bush took money, and it's against the rules, then they should be punished. My team or not, if that's the rules, it's the rules. Other teams have been caught, like UNLV several years ago.They can't have any bowl games for two years I think, but they can still play football (Many predict they will win their division.)I wasn't a big Lane Kiffin fan when he was with the pros, but he seems to know this team, and I'll give him a chance. I really, REALLY miss PETE CARROLL. I have a "man crush" on him. The dude is a really good, smart, and popular coach. His recruiting is second to none. I loved how he went for it on fourth and goal or fourth and inches! :clap: Gutsy, but it 9 out of 10 times worked.The University thinks the punishment for it's team is too harsh. I don't know. I'll let everyone else figure out what is right and wrong. I'll bet other teams or players have done the same thing as USC....but USC got caught. They have to live with it.I'm not so much conserned with not seeing them go to the Rose Bowl for a few years, but rather I'm worried about recruiting, and how it will affect letters of intent, and who will come to a team that won't go to a bowl game.

Guest myonlyvice
If Reggie Bush took money' date=' and it's against the rules, then they should be punished. My team or not, if that's the rules, it's the rules. Other teams have been caught, like UNLV several years ago.They can't have any bowl games for two years I think, but they can still play football (Many predict they will win their division.)I wasn't a big Lane Kiffin fan when he was with the pros, but he seems to know this team, and I'll give him a chance. I really, REALLY miss PETE CARROLL. I have a "man crush" on him. The dude is a really good, smart, and popular coach. His recruiting is second to none. I loved how he went for it on fourth and goal or fourth and inches! :clap: Gutsy, but it 9 out of 10 times worked.The University thinks the punishment for it's team is too harsh. I don't know. I'll let everyone else figure out what is right and wrong. I'll bet other teams or players have done the same thing as USC....but USC got caught. They have to live with it.I'm not so much conserned with not seeing them go to the Rose Bowl for a few years, but rather I'm worried about recruiting, and how it will affect letters of intent, and who will come to a team that won't go to a bowl game.[/quote'] I'm a Bama fan so I certainly feel your pain regarding harsh treatment by the NCAA. The impact of sanctions on a program lasts well beyond the official duration of the sanctions themselves. I liken it to knocking back half a dozen shots of Wild Turkey all at once. Right after doing it you still feel ok, as if nothing even happened. It's only later that the true impact of what you've done (or what has been done to you) can be fully appreciated. We are only just emerging from the hangover of sanctions. Kiffin is a marvelous recruiter and may yet prove to be an effective head coach. His achilles heel is his mouth. It will get him in trouble, mark my words. The guy doesn't know when to shut up. Maybe he'll mature some. I'll be interested to see how it all plays out for USC. Maybe we can get a rematch at some point between USC and Bama. That would be one heck of a match-up.

*UPDATED ON 8/20/10: The USA Today Coaches Poll and now the AP Poll have been released:USA Today Poll1. Alabama2. Ohio State3. Florida4. Texas5. Boise State6. Virginia Tech7. TCU8. Oklahoma9. Nebraska10. Iowa11. Oregon12. Wisconsin13. Miami (FL)14. Penn State15. Pitt16. LSU17. Georgia Tech18. North Carolina19. Arkansas20. Florida State21. Georgia22. Oregon State23. Auburn24. Utah25. West VirginiaOthers receiving votes: Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Clemson, Stanford, Uconn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Washington, Missouri, Navy, Oklahoma State, Boston College, Michigan State, Arizona State, Cal, Texas Tech, South Florida, Texas A&M, Northwestern, Temple, Central Michigan, Mississippi State, Nevada, Northern Illinois, SMUAP Poll1. Alabama2. Ohio State3. Boise State4. Florida5. Texas6. TCU7. Oklahoma8. Nebraska9. Iowa10. Virginia Tech11. Oregon12. Wisconsin13. Miami (FL)14. USC15. Pitt16. Georgia Tech17. Arkansas18. North Carolina19. Penn State20. Florida State21. LSU22. Auburn23. Georgia24. Oregon State25. West VirginiaUSC isn't even ranked in the USA TODAY poll. Bama is rightfully ranked number 1.I've seen rankings showing USC ranked as high as 3rd.USC won't be playing OHIO STATE for a while, so now a family member rivalry puts me square in the winner circle for a few years, because Ohio state hasn't beaten my team for while. :)Your team is very, very good, and has been for a few years. I have no problem with Alabama, like I have rivalries with other teams.Your team is cool.Hey, didn't Forrest Gump play for the Crimson Tide? :)I also like the Florida Gators (be interesting to see how they are without Tebow.)

Guest myonlyvice
*UPDATED ON 8/20/10: The USA Today Coaches Poll and now the AP Poll have been released:USA Today Poll1. Alabama2. Ohio State3. Florida4. Texas5. Boise State6. Virginia Tech7. TCU8. Oklahoma9. Nebraska10. Iowa11. Oregon12. Wisconsin13. Miami (FL)14. Penn State15. Pitt16. LSU17. Georgia Tech18. North Carolina19. Arkansas20. Florida State21. Georgia22. Oregon State23. Auburn24. Utah25. West VirginiaOthers receiving votes: Cincinnati' date=' Houston, BYU, Arizona, Ole Miss, Clemson, Stanford, Uconn, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Washington, Missouri, Navy, Oklahoma State, Boston College, Michigan State, Arizona State, Cal, Texas Tech, South Florida, Texas A&M, Northwestern, Temple, Central Michigan, Mississippi State, Nevada, Northern Illinois, SMUAP Poll1. Alabama2. Ohio State3. Boise State4. Florida5. Texas6. TCU7. Oklahoma8. Nebraska9. Iowa10. Virginia Tech11. Oregon12. Wisconsin13. Miami (FL)14. USC15. Pitt16. Georgia Tech17. Arkansas18. North Carolina19. Penn State20. Florida State21. LSU22. Auburn23. Georgia24. Oregon State25. West VirginiaUSC isn't even ranked in the USA TODAY poll. Bama is rightfully ranked number 1.I've seen rankings showing USC ranked as high as 3rd.USC won't be playing OHIO STATE for a while, so now a family member rivalry puts me square in the winner circle for a few years, because Ohio state hasn't beaten my team for while. :)Your team is very, very good, and has been for a few years. I have no problem with Alabama, like I have rivalries with other teams.Your team is cool.Hey, didn't Forrest Gump play for the Crimson Tide? :)I also like the Florida Gators (be interesting to see how they are without Tebow.)[/quote'] Bama is prospering under Saban. It's a great fit, Saban and Bama. His attitude meshes well with the culture and fan base here. Gump indeed played for the Tide. :) His hometown of "Greenbo" (sp?) is fictional. About an hour south of Tuscaloosa there is a town called "Greensboro", though. Could have been the inspiration. The Gators should be very good. We play them in Tuscaloosa the first week in October. If both teams go in undefeated, mark you calendar cause you won't want to miss that one.

Bama is prospering under Saban. It's a great fit' date=' Saban and Bama. His attitude meshes well with the culture and fan base here. Gump indeed played for the Tide. :) His hometown of "Greenbo" (sp?) is fictional. About an hour south of Tuscaloosa there is a town called "Greensboro", though. Could have been the inspiration. The Gators should be very good. We play them in Tuscaloosa the first week in October. If both teams go in undefeated, mark you calendar cause you won't want to miss that one.[/quote']Let the games BEGIN! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :dance2::clap:USC plays it's first game tonight!