COLLEGE FOOTBALL

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

I have merged the 2 College Football threads. All posts will appear in chronological order.

3 times OHIO STATE reached number one status, and all 3 times they lost after getting the number one spot! :)USC crushed Cal, but USC has got a REALLY tough road ahead of them.Still couldn't believe Bama lost a game.

Guest myonlyvice
3 times OHIO STATE reached number one status' date=' and all 3 times they lost after getting the number one spot! :)USC crushed Cal, but USC has got a REALLY tough road ahead of them.Still couldn't believe Bama lost a game.[/quote'] Don't remind me, bro. It gonna give me nightmares, especially since Kentucky of all teams beat South Carolina yesterday. We just really screwed up.

Guest myonlyvice
What did you drop to' date=' 6th? Hell, USC is not even ranked.:cry:[/quote'] I think 8th or something like that. It really doesn't matter though because, due to our schedule in front of us, if we win out we should get the nod to go to Tempe.

• 3 weeks later...

What the h.e. double hockey sticks???# 6 BAMA LOSES TO # 10 LSU? ?(Two losses, means out of national title contention.USC who can't get any bowl games for this year, or next year due to sanctions, won against Arizona. Don't think Arizona has beaten USC since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry your team lost C&B.Does anyone know how I could follow American Footlball overhere in Europe on TV? I have tried to understand the rules from the websites recommended. But I think it would be easier if I could see a game.

Sorry your team lost C&B.Does anyone know how I could follow American Footlball overhere in Europe on TV? I have tried to understand the rules from the websites recommended. But I think it would be easier if I could see a game.

I have no idea 2morgen. I'm not savy enough to know this information.Sorry. :cry:

2 STABBED IN ROSE BOWL BRAWL BEFORE USC-UCLA GAME PASADENA, Calif. – Dozens of fans brawled in a Rose Bowl parking lot before the Southern California-UCLA football game Saturday, leaving two men stabbed, two police officers with minor injuries and three men arrested, authorities said.An estimated 50 to 75 fans of both schools fought at about 4:20 p.m. in a grassy part of Brookside Golf Course that the stadium uses for event parking, Pasadena police Cmdr. Darryl Qualls said.One person was stabbed in the cheek and the other was stabbed in the back during the melee some three hours before the crosstown-rivalry game between the Bruins and Trojans was set to start, Qualls said. Both were taken by ambulance to Huntington Memorial Hospital. He described their condition as stable.One officer was treated for a sprained hand, the other for a sprained ankle, and both were released, Qualls said.Two men who police believe stabbed the victims were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and were being held in Pasadena City Jail on $1 million bail, Qualls said. A third man was arrested for investigation of assault on a police officer, Qualls said.The names of the victims and suspects were not immediately released.It was not immediately clear what sparked the brawl, but police said the school rivalry and tailgate party drinking were major factors."The fans are pretty passionate about their football teams," Qualls said.Qualls said that the last time the annual rivalry game was held at the Rose Bowl in 2008, there were about 50 arrests, but he didn't think any of them were for assault."It doesn't happen at normal college football games," he said.The brawl occurred before most fans or either team had arrived at the Rose Bowl, but thousands of tailgating fans spent most of the day gathered around RVs or barbecues in quiet Arroyo Seco, waiting for the late kickoff dictated by television coverage.UCLA's rivalry with USC is among the most intense in college football, pitting two schools separated by just 13 miles between USC's downtown campus and UCLA's Westwood address. The rivalry divides fans from every section of Los Angeles, sometimes even splitting families.UCLA was overshadowed while the Trojans won seven straight Pac-10 titles during the past decade. Saturday's 80th meeting between the teams was for nothing but civic pride, with the Bruins failing to qualify for a bowl game and USC banned from the postseason by NCAA sanctions.Glad my team won. ;)Guess UCLA just couldn't "cut it". Oh well, I took a "stab" at a joke. The rival schools are only 13 miles away from each other...that's just a "knife" throw away.

• 8 months later...

College football is back baby!How did your team do in week one?My team, USC won (just barely. They are not too good this year)

• 2 months later...

My USC TROJANS finished the year with a 50-0 win vs the "other" L.A. team, our rivals, UCLA.USC had a Great season. They will be eligible for a Bowl game next season, as the sanctions end.My USClooked Gooood tonight in the seasons last game. :thumbsup:

My USC TROJANS finished the year with a 50-0 win vs the "other" L.A. team, our rivals, UCLA.USC had a Great season. They will be eligible for a Bowl game next season, as the sanctions end.My USClooked Gooood tonight in the seasons last game. :thumbsup:

My USC TROJANS finished the year with a 50-0 win vs the "other" L.A. team, our rivals, UCLA.USC had a Great season. They will be eligible for a Bowl game next season, as the sanctions end.My USC looked Gooood tonight in the seasons last game. :thumbsup:GO USC!

I always try to download or wach games on ESPN America TV.Im for Miami RedHawks,but I dont know how did they play for some while:(Im sorry if I posted my opineon in not the right post.Miami RedHawks are the university team,here you post college teams,so sorry again if I mixed everything up

One word...... RUGBY!!!! :)

I like Rugby too. However, everytime someone from Europe laughs at the NFL American football players wearing all the pads and helmets, I too laugh, as if the Rugby guys are tough (which they are) and that American football players are sissys for wearing padding (NFL players are the toughest guys there is). If one of the Rugby guys where to actually get hit by one of our 6 ft, 300 lb muscled men running at full speed, and hit him, ....believe me, he'd WISHED he wore protective padding, and a helmet. These guys don't tackle like Rugby players, they hit AS HARD AS THEY CAN. They are HUUUUUGE men. American football is a BIG man's game. It's absolutely not the same. It just looks like it on the surface, but it's not.I do like Rugby though.

• 9 months later...
My USC TROJANS (#1 ranked team in the nation) looked pretty good in their 49-10 victory against Hawaii, however, Alabama (#2 team in the nation) looked pretty good too, with a 41-14 victory over Michigan.I wonder if Alabama will be ranked number 1 next week, or will USC keep the number 1 ranking?

I used to be much more into college football before the BCS took over and made some teams in contention felt they had to run up the scores. Sportsmanship seemed to take a back seat.And the over-commercialization of the sport has taken some of the passion and fun out of it for me (I HATE the Oregon Ducks Nike uniforms...ridiculous). Now, most of my sport watching energy goes towards baseball season. Once the World Series is over, I don't watch much football since my sporting attention has been spent.C&B,going back to earlier in the thread, here's a good story for you: When I was very young, I had to take cotillion. Hated it. The only good thing about it was that at the end of each week's session, all us brats were rewarded with a chocolate sundae. It was delicious.Another fun, small bonus was that two of John Wayne's grandkids were in my cotillion class. He would pick them up fairly often (he was also a member of the club where I took cotillion, so nobody made a big deal of him being there).Whenever The Duke would pick up the grandkids, he'd wait in the hallway like all the other parents or whoever. And all us kids would line-up to get his autograph. He would stand there handing out what were basically business cards with his signature on it. I don't know how many I got, but shamefully, I don't have any of them now. I wasn't really aware of the importance of John Wayne at that age. Years later, I would become friends with one of those grandkids he picked up. He's a big USC fan.