Burnett's Sig 220

kokopelli

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any good screen shots of the Sig 'Burnett' carried in the 'Burnett' episodes?

Found this one a while back... of all the research I've done Burnett definitely uses the P220 in .45acp. Interestly enough, SIG did manufacture the P220 in 9mm as well. That said, it is absolutely not a P226.

post-250-13892963039764_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm not done yet pal!! :shout: Good news , and bad news...Good news first:Ok- here's a tricky one- there are TWO different guns used by 'Burnett' in the trilogy!!! :eek:-the previously identified Sig p220, and a S&W 45xx series pistol. Both are classic two-toned pistols- blued slide/stainless frame. In the begining of Hostile Takeover, at the party, he dives onto the cake and takes out some bad guys with the S&W. Obvious clues are the hooked trigger guard, 'step down' cut on the frame forward of the grips, and the slide mounted safety/decocker. The easily identifiable S&W 3rd Gen 45xx series muzzle forward of the dust cover is visible. Now I now S&W had several 4500 variants, DOA, safety only w/no decock, blued/all stainless, etc...so I'll look into the versions available, it may be a factory two tone version and not a custom job.Later in the episode, when the compound is attacked at night and Junior get shot- he pulls the Sig out of his waist band and fires back. The Sig profile is unmistakable with it's square shaped and shorter slide.Next episode is Redemption in Blood, and continues with Tubbs meeting Burnett in the lighthouse. Burnett takes Tubbs for the heat he is, but feels a twinge of memory, and shoots a few rounds off to the side- with the S&W!! Again, the slide shape, slide mounted safety, take down lever protrusion on the ejection port side, as well as the ejection port itself-w/stainless barrel, all S&W 3rd Gen. A few scenes later we find Burnett confronting his business partner by pulling the Sig out and pointing it straight at him. Sig muzzle is front-on, and we can clearly see the frame mounted Sig proprietary decocker. Now here's where the tricky finishing comes into play. The Sig has a silver frame, standard Sig carbon folded steel black finish slide, with the controls divided between black and silver. Decock, slide stop and hammer are silver colored, trigger and take down lever are black. We also see what appears to be the hint of a rounded off trigger guard- Sig's have a hooked guard like the S&W's...but this one is rounded off- done before the frame and controls were hard-chromed, I'm sure. -More clear evidence of this later...Burnett is coming out of his haze after surviving the explosion and realizes, as a lot of us do, his woman was trying to do him in! He grabs the Sig and puts it against her chest. Clear shot of the Sig profile, and we see the rounded off trigger guard very well. (this mod, and the reverse- adding the 'hook' to Colts and other guns, was popular with custom gunsmiths in the late 80's- early 90's). We can see the frame's finish very well in this shot, too, and see that it is a high polish hard chrome in all probability. We can also see the Sig black barrel at the ejection port.So there you have it! I have sacrificed my eyeballs and may have carpal-tunnel syndrome from all the mousing on the laptop to get this info, so i hope y'all find it as exciting as i do to have these answers! Oh, the bad news? Now I have to find another gun to have the complete 'Burnett' set!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any good screen shots of the Sig 'Burnett' carried in the 'Burnett' episodes?

Ironically..the SIG 220 was a fairly early model, sporting a bottom magazine release...commonly referred to as a 'Euro Release'...The newer versions use a more standardized thumb-activated button release system......

No- the Sig he had as "Burnett" is an 'American' model...as Crockett in the pilot- it was a Euro model.