I Hope This Isn't Jan's Christmas Present!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Here is the youtube link to a new song by Jan. Yes I called it a song because he actually sings! Whoever told him he could sing, lied to him bigtime.Before you decide to listen to it, don't forget the title is appropriately called "Torture" I'm a huge Jan Hammer fan and I didn't make it past 1:20

That's JAN HAMMER alright. I recognize the voice.It said he and a lyric writer were hired to write a star wars opera type thing that went nowhere.Although it's published by his music publisher of the time, he would not have written or even sung this if it was one of his original songs for one of his albums.It'd have to be weird for lyrics and a song entitled "TORTURE". No cute melodies for sure.Jan is better known for back up vocals.I suspect that this is a DEMO.We don't know if this was a demo for someone else to sing in a completed version. Being they said the project went nowhere, I'd say this was an early version, not to be the finished version, but a rough demo.Some artists like DANNY ELFMAN do demos with his singing, and sometimes has someone else sing it. Danny can sing, and often does on his songs.Being I've never really heard JAN do a lead vocal, usually only back up vocals, I'd say it could be a demo where his vocals could just be used as a guide. A bit of an odd mystery...

Oh jeez... I now have a headache from listening to that. I actually thought it wasn't bad... until the song started. Now if I could get it out of my head...

I found it quirky Jan Hammer. Not the best of songs, but interesting to hear knowing it was JAN HAMMER doing something we knew nothing about.

Lol I actually rather enjoyed it!! Wouldn't buy it, I agree, but it was "ok"On a similar vein, does anybody know who did the vocals to the Snapshots track "Trance"? When I say vocals, I mean who digitised their voice for the vocal parts in it lolC&B, can you shed any light on that?Cheers

I't was Jan Hammer.It was his solo album, and he did everything.Obviously, he altered his voice a bit, and most likely slowed it down, but it's him on "TRANCE".