episode 29 Tale of the goat

soflajeremy

Teaser starts at Miami Int. airport at gate D-9 then they go to Haitian cemetery at S. Douglas Rd. and Charles ave. Crockett is behind tree in real cemetery and funeral is being held in set cemetery at rear of church across the st. So crocketts is on south side of stree and fake cemetery is on north side. Mercedes puls up to north side after approaching from east

After montage the show airial view of house not sure if it is house on sw 80th st where tubbs later goes swimming in the empty pool. However watching it right now it sure looks loke a strong possibility for the location used at the start of freefall , long drive thru woods where drive is lined by same royal palms. What do you think? Then next scene of OCB exterior is re-use of same footage from give a little take a little with same cars

Before we see the ocb we see Legba wake up. We had seen him sleeping in a large room decorated with all manor of vodooish stuff. Legba is actually sleeping on the popcorn and candy counter of the old Paris Theater located at 550 Washington Ave. Sobe.

Then we go to romulis' house located at 20 east sunrise Ave C.G. wher C+T are parked directly accross the street at the neighbors house. Then its up to Profile car lot at NE 7th Ave. and NE 87th Street in Miami

After that Legba shows up on the river, Skid row right accross from the now famous Jose marti Park. Legba is on north side of river just south of SW 1st street bridge

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 29 Tale Of The Goat (older)Topic: Episode 29 Tale Of The Goat Posted: 10 June 2006 at 12:27pm by DanJThe Voodoo Arcade was in downtown Miami. The building still stands (I'm guessing it's on the register of historic places, otherwise it would probably be gone by now.) on the corner of North Miami Avenue and North 5th Street. Of course, the Voodoo Arcade graphics are long gone. Here's what it looks like now:Eingefügtes BildWhen we first see the arcade there is a number on the door which suggests the address is 447 N. Miami Avenue. Someone Google Earth this and post the overhead view.Can anyone hep me to the location of Bobby Profile's used car lot and the house where Legba held the voodoo ceremonies? Jeremy are you out there?I'm also trying to suss out the streets where Crockett tails Tubbs as he goes undercover, and eventually loses him when the homing device falls off the truck. I'm sure it's somewhere along River Drive in downtown Miami.

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 3:08pm by GuestsOriginally posted by DanJ...the address is 447 NE 1 Avenue. Someone Google Earth this and post the overhead view.

Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:43am by DanJOops! I read my notes incorrectly and gave the address as being off of NE 1 Avenue. The correct location is N. Miami Avenue and North 5th Street. I have updated the information in my post above.Hutch, I finally figured out how to capture my own Google satellite pic's, so I shouldn't have to ask anyone else to do this for me going forward. I apologize for the error, and thank you for for your assistance.Here is the correct corner, just one block west of Hutch's results above. The red arrow indicates where the Legba Voodoo Arcade was located. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:23pm by SOFLAJEREMYI thought that tale of the goat voodoo house was supposed to be filmed at villa vizcaya but it does not match up on google earth and as I watch it now I see as c arrives with crew to look for t and there is a sign placed upside down that reads 4850 sw 80th st. it seems to match up could this clue be to good to be true. Danj I will race you there.

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:21am BY airtommyWild guess on Legba's girl's house: E. Sunrise Ave./Sunrise Ct. Coral Gables. For Bobby Profile, there are a couple of street signs, but they're totally out of focus. There's some business that looks like "Kris Nic", but who knows what that is. The part where Tubbs gets picked up for the voodoo party - I looked around a bit, but nothing makes sense to me. Around 31:04 it looks like there is a curved ramp up in the air, which is totally baffling me. Very frustrating episode!

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:17pm by Tom71soflajeremy has the production sheet of this ep. Let´s hope he´ll open up his vault ...

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 5:07pm by airtommyOriginally posted by tom71soflajeremy has the production sheet of this ep. Let´s hope he´ll open up his vault ...Not yet! Here's my guess for where Tubbs gets picked up: Red X = Tubbs stands at the corner of SW North River Dr. and SW 2nd St. First Crockett and then the trucks come around that corner. The trucks go into the lot across the street. They pick him up, then they go northbound on SW North River Dr. under the bridge. Eingefügtes Bild It seems mostly right, but the curved ramp high in the air is bothering me. Also, in the episode there is a building looming directly behind the bridge. On satellite, there is a building, but it's set back a bit.

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:46pm by SOFLAJEREMYIMHO i think you are right airtommy. I just have not been back there to confirm. Danj and I were there about 2 weeks ago checking out the area 100 feet to the west for a scene from give a little take a little where they bust the college kid in the fish market. As far as the e sunrise st your right again 20 e sunrise was the house with the canal in the rear with the large windows. I told danj about it a week ago and he went and checked it out the house is gone and only the gate remains. I am waiting for him to post pictures from his latest adventure.

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:27am BY AIRTOMMYOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYAs far as the e sunrise st your right again 20 e sunrise was the house with the canal in the rear with the large windows. I told danj about it a week ago and he went and checked it out the house is gone and only the gate remains. I am waiting for him to post pictures from his latest adventure.Wow, I can hardly believe that! Where is the "patting myself on the back" emoticon??? I really had no location clues, just looked for a canal with boats and some sort of boardwalk or edge to it, and the house had to be on a corner at an angle. In all the mapping programs, 20 E. Sunrise Ave. points to the house circled in red. I was thinking it's the house circled in yellow. I know the mapping programs are often wrong, so I'm curious to know which exact house it is (was). Eingefügtes Bild By the way, sounds like the temptation is too great and you're peeking!

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:54am BY airtommy Whoever goes to the Tubbs pickup location: Watch the two camera shots when he crosses the street, and look at the background behind him. When you're at the place, see if this matches up. Also, look out behind you for a midget with an axe. I looked up the phone number on the Marina Inc building, but the number has been switched (it's now a fax number on Brickell).

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:15am by airtommyOK, time to re-open an old can of worms - AHEM, OLD CASE FILE. I just convinced myself that I definitely have the right spot for Tubbs' pickup. At 30:58, you can briefly see behind Tubbs the elevated expressway system. Also, at 31:55, as the truck pulls out, you can see in the background a distinctive building. On its roof is something that looks like a big block sandwiched between two shorter blocks. On Google Earth, this is easily identifiable as the building on the corner of NW N River Dr and NW 2nd St. At 32:13, I think the truck turns right onto Flagler. At 32:15, what unfinished building is that in the background? Is it the Bank of America Tower? At 32:27 - do I see the infamous power station just to the left of the truck??? In the background, one can see a building that resembles the one that sits at the corner of Brickell & SE 12th Ter: Eingefügtes Bild I'm trying to figure out what corner they have turned. Maybe from SW 2nd St onto SW 2nd Ave, or maybe onto SW 1st Ct? After 32:27, I get REALLY confused. It seems like the Marina Inc building is around where they started.

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 1:56pm by DanJOriginally posted by airtommyIn all the mapping programs, 20 E. Sunrise Ave. points to the house circled in red. I was thinking it's the house circled in yellow. I know the mapping programs are often wrong, so I'm curious to know which exact house it is (was).Eingefügtes Bild I can dig what you're saying about these mapping programs being off, but by three blocks? Somehow I don't think so. Read on:Stop the DVD at 10:53 as the girl comes out of the driveway. The camera, or we the viewer, is looking west along Sunrise Avenue. There is a stop sign in the background on a barely visible street corner (Presumably Douglas Road), then a yellow sign indicating left/right turn only. It appears to be on the other side of the street judging by its distance from the stop sign.I'm pretty sure that the reason for forcing a left or right turn at that intersection is because the street that feeds it from the west is, or was, a one-way street. At the abovementioned time frame you can see a car approach the intersection from the west with its left turn signal flashing. This places this scene right close to the intersection, suggesting the house circled in red.But that house isn't close enough to the canal and isn't angled. The house circled in yellow certainly looks more like the right relation to the canal and is angled, but it is too far from the corner. Now, look just to the right of the red circle.I say it is this house. It is angled, it is next to the canal, it is nearer to the intersection and lastly, just below it is what looks like an apartment building. The corner of this building is visible at around 10:32.The only exception to all the above as I see it is if they filmed the bulk of the scene at the yellow circled house, then switched houses/driveways for the street shot, using the house closer to the intersection for the latter. But that seems like a lot of trouble to go through when you're already set up and all that. Would you concur with these findings?I went by this area back when we first discussed this. Tried to get some pictures but nothing conclusive enough to post. The house has changed considerably since this MV episode, and there is a gate prevents getting a good shot when closed. I don't like linering too long in these posh residential areas so I didn't avail myself of the time I normally need to compose an acurate photograph.Now that I have studied this some more, I may go back soon for another try.

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:53pm by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyAt 32:15, what unfinished building is that in the background? Is it the Bank of America Tower? At 32:27 - do I see the infamous power station just to the left of the truck??? In the background, one can see a building that resembles the one that sits at the corner of Brickell & SE 12th Ter: Eingefügtes Bild Airtommy I can help with a few things here@32.15 it is the Bank of America tower in the background ( construction of) @32.27 I cant see it being the above building (Greenberg Taurig building on Brickell) as that wasnt built till 1986 (seen first in "Stones War" then "Killshot" ) and Tale of the Goat would have had a Aug/Sept 1985 filming date. There is another building near the Miami River with a design slightly similar to Greenberg building( but smaller and a different color but stripey in effect)

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 2:58pm by airtommyNo doubt about it, Dan, you are right. The stop sign at 10:53 - just past that are a row of cars parked. On Google Earth, this parking lot is plainly visible on W. Sunrise just west of the Douglas Rd intersection. At about 20:47, you can see a little bit of green lawn between the house and the canal. That is why I was looking at the yellow circled house. I think we can now say confidently this is just a feature that has changed over time.

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 3:02pm by airtommyOriginally posted by airtommyAfter 32:27, I get REALLY confused. It seems like the Marina Inc building is around where they started.Is that Marina Inc ("Colpac"???) building from 32:40 also visible when the truck turns at 32:13?

Posted: 09 December 2006 at 7:10pm by airtommyOriginally posted by MATT5There is another building near the Miami River with a design slightly similar to Greenberg building( but smaller and a different color but stripey in effect)Is it at the corner of SW 9th St. & Kagoshima Way (Brickell area)?