episode 29 Tale of the goat

soflajeremy

For the last month I have been working on my location web site, but it has been mostly doing some editing reviewing, and small corrections (spelling, grammar etc.) making sure the links work properly etc. In general making sure there were not any huge problems and changing the look slightly. Time consuming stuff that needed to be done but not allot that someone else would notice. I had not posted any new episodes for a while but I am happy to say that I just published 4 Miami Vice episodes. 28 Junk Love, 29 Tale Of The Goat, 30, Bushido, and 31 Bought and paid for. I hope you enjoy them and find them useful

For the last month I have been working on my location web site' date=' but it has been mostly doing some editing reviewing, and small corrections (spelling, grammar etc.) making sure the links work properly etc. In general making sure there were not any huge problems and changing the look slightly. Time consuming stuff that needed to be done but not allot that someone else would notice. I had not posted any new episodes for a while but I am happy to say that I just published 4 Miami Vice episodes. 28 Junk Love, 29 Tale Of The Goat, 30, Bushido, and 31 Bought and paid for. I hope you enjoy them and find them useful[/color']

Great stuff Charlie, I enjoy looking at your site. Sorry you couldn't make it to our Miami River tour. My photos are in the Miami Vice Travel section. airtommy and Dan took better photos.

Great stuff Charlie' date=' I enjoy looking at your site. Sorry you couldn't make it to our Miami River tour. My photos are in the Miami Vice Travel section. airtommy and Dan took better photos.[/quote'] I wish I could have made it. Sounds like a great trip. Any of the history tou can relate to us here.

• 2 weeks later...

My Favorite EpisodeI remember first seeing this episode so many years ago and continue to love watching it now.That was my favorite.What I loved was the concern Sonny had for his friend when Tubbs wants to crash the ceremony.Sonny is totally against Tubbs going.I was wondering what music is played during when Sonny says you want to crash the ceremony can't find it.Also the other parts I liked from the episode is when Crockett loses the homing device from the truck and his concern then when they start looking for Tubbs and Zito finds him in a pool and Crockett drops down and covers his friend with a jacket and holds him.Then when Crockett is in the hospital with him and Tubbs tries to strangle him and Crockett holds him.Theres so alot of favorite parts I love.

• 2 years later...

I have been getting things organized with the new computer and getting all the apps I need to work on my sites. I have decided to divide up the sites a little to make them easier to work on. I am making two vice sites. miamivicelocations.org will cover seasons 1 and 2. It is already up and running. I have proof read season 1 and believe all is working properly. I am currently still going thru season two so I can't yet guarantee all the links are working but in general it is up and running. miamivicelocations2.org I have not yet thrown the switch on but it will cover seasons 3,4, and 5. Work continues... I am giving movies their own site and two sites for Burn Notice. All will be linked for easy navigation. As I worked thru S2 tonight I took another look at Tale of The Goat. In the suspect area I had for C tracking Tubbs in the truck. I am convinced now that C is seen westbound on SW 82nd Street and then turns southbound onto Chery Lane where he stops and finds the tracking device. The same tree we see behind C as he picks up the device is still there. Cool. I am leaving the old sites up so all can still be viewed but it is likely that I will be doing all the updates and new episodes on the new sites Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I have been getting things organized with the new computer and getting all the apps I need to work on my sites.
Nice find on the location ...how did you track that one down?Looking forward to your new sites as well.

Cool find Charlie' date=' looking forward to your new sites.[/quote']I agree with Jim - great work and look forward to new episodes from Season 4 too:thumbsup::D

"Whatever Works " filmed up here also at SW 64th Street /8225 SW 64th St/SW 82nd Street in South Miami in the area roughly of "Sons and Lovers" drive scene / Angelinas and "The Fix" home. Another house from "Whatever Works " was filmed in this area also .Great find :D:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Just discovered that the cemetery you see Sonny standing in was the same cemetery that appeared in Michael Jackson's popular music video "Thriller." Only Sonny is in the real cemetery, there was a fake cemetery across the street for the scene. This is a historic burial place in the Charles Avenue Neighborhood that was home to Black Bahamian immigrants who, from the 1880s, contributed to the building and settlement of Coconut Grove and Miami. Check this out: http://miamitourcompany.com/thriller-cemetery.html

• 3 years later...

I thought I’d post this after watching this episode last week - “Tale of the Goat” arcade , N. Miami Avenue , Downtown , February 2017:hippie:

065B8411-F1ED-4260-92F8-2C719C64C0CC.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice pic Matt, this is a historic building.  The entire block is on the National Register of Historic Places.  The Chaille Block is architecturally significant as the only intact commercial streetscape in downtown Miami dating from the second decade of the Twentieth Century. The visual composition of the five buildings comprising the streetscape represents a fine example of the Masonry Vernacular style of architecture.  If it was in a prime area for development it would be gone by now, historical designation or not.  Too bad Vice didn't show more of the building.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Nice pic Matt, this is a historic building.  The entire block is on the National Register of Historic Places.  The Chaille Block is architecturally significant as the only intact commercial streetscape in downtown Miami dating from the second decade of the Twentieth Century. The visual composition of the five buildings comprising the streetscape represents a fine example of the Masonry Vernacular style of architecture.  If it was in a prime area for development it would be gone by now, historical designation or not.  Too bad Vice didn't show more of the building.

Capture.JPG

Great picture Jim - never knew that .

Most of the building seemed empty earlier in the year. It’s caught up in the Civic area of courthouses etc - but just over the road away from Downtown there is empty land and parking lots.

• Like 1

Matt- It was probably empty during Vice filming and decades before that.  Production companies like buildings that are for sale, empty, or pending destruction.  They are easier to decorate, use pyrotechnics to simulate explosions etc.  That's why some shows like Vice can be valuable historical records because they provide the best or the only views of long gone structures.  For example the only views of the Dixie Lily Milling Plant I have ever seen are in Vice's Blood and Roses.

• Like 2

A part of the opening scene from “Heart of Darkness” is used in this episode filmed from the top of the Suntrust building(“Hit List”) on Lincoln Road - next door to this building is the parking garage at 1111 Lincoln & Alton and you get a similar view :hippie:

3EDCBE1A-46C7-4523-9F78-174F8A5A6948.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Matt- It was probably empty during Vice filming and decades before that.  Production companies like buildings that are for sale, empty, or pending destruction.  They are easier to decorate, use pyrotechnics to simulate explosions etc.  That's why some shows like Vice can be valuable historical records because they provide the best or the only views of long gone structures.  For example the only views of the Dixie Lily Milling Plant I have ever seen are in Vice's Blood and Roses.

Very interesting Jim - very true about the Dixie Plant seen in Vice’s Blood and Roses .

Same as The Carillion Hotel interiors from “Buddies” and “One Eyed Jack” pre the remodel as seen in Miami Vice . No photos exist online pre remodel (interior wise).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, Matt5 said:

A part of the opening scene from “Heart of Darkness” is used in this episode filmed from the top of the Suntrust building(“Hit List”) on Lincoln Road - next door to this building is the parking garage at 1111 Lincoln & Alton and you get a similar view :hippie:

3EDCBE1A-46C7-4523-9F78-174F8A5A6948.jpeg

Nice, Burn Notice filmed in this garage.

• 1 year later...

@C Glide

I'm looking at the Way Estate at 4850 SW 80th St on historicaerials.com and on current sat pics.  It appears the estate was subdivided after Vice filmed there.  The house still stands, but its new address is 4840 SW 80th St.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, airtommy said:

@C Glide

I'm looking at the Way Estate at 4850 SW 80th St on historicaerials.com and on current sat pics.  It appears the estate was subdivided after Vice filmed there.  The house still stands, but its new address is 4840 SW 80th St.

I spent some time here a few years ago and walked around the area you couldn’t see much from the roadside unfortunately. But did see the small side streets we see during and at the end of the tail scenes filmed behind the estate on SW82nd and Cherry Lane.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I spent some time here a few years ago and walked around the area you couldn’t see much from the roadside unfortunately. But did see the small side streets we see during and at the end of the tail scenes filmed behind the estate on SW82nd and Cherry Lane.

So the circular garage entrance is not there/not visible from the street? 

talegoat.png.6c7b25613ca488fb28da333ae30b8638.png

That would be the main attraction for me, but I would probably still like to visit the streets from the tailing scene.

17 minutes ago, airtommy said:

So the circular garage entrance is not there/not visible from the street? 

talegoat.png.6c7b25613ca488fb28da333ae30b8638.png

That would be the main attraction for me, but I would probably still like to visit the streets from the tailing scene.

No I saw nothing like that , I spent the afternoon in the area and saw the tail scenes shot behind the estate which are unchanged. Ref the above picture the houses were set a way back from the road and there was a lot of greenery - I’ll recheck my pictures though.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Just over 2 miles away from the car dealership / Marie phonecall scene in this episode (NW7th Ave and 87th St) they filmed a short scene with Legba on the phone to Bobby P.  Filmed outside the Edison school at 6101 NW 2nd Ave in Little Haiti - my guess would be the right of the main entrance judging by the columns in the background.

AC76E8EF-3EC2-445F-9650-12A09FC8FD01.jpeg

59429D03-8722-4C6D-BBC7-4FADF641B556.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1