Please show your support for MV sequel

RAmarena

HI Fans :)I have a great idea for a sequel to Miami Vice. My idea and storyline brings back both Sonny (DJ) and Rico (PMT), but this time they are running the show. I want and picture the sequel to be just as hot, if not hotter, then the original with the same fast cars and boats, sexy women, and great music :)!I think and feel that in order for this to happen we as a group must show NBC/Universal that there is a BIG demand for a sequel.I need your help. Tony D was kind enough to give me PMT's agent's contact info. I am asking ALL MV fans to please contact PMT's agent with support for my idea to a sequel. This would only take a minute to call, email or write to Kaye. If enough of us contact her about a sequel that will give her the power she needs to convince NBC to do a sequel.Please join me in making this a reality. I have include PMT's agent's contact info below:Kaye M. PorterPorter Theatrical Management2253 Loma Rica CirclePrescott, Arizona AZ 86303Tel # 928.778.0995e-mail : kmporter@cableone.netThank you ALL for your help and support. Together we can make MV2 a reality :)!Thanks,Renato

Does anyone remember Barnaby Jones?. Buddy Epson was about 80 yrs. old when he made that show, I'm sure DJ & PMT could do a fantastic sequel similiar to their activities on Nash Bridges. They were great together on Nash! :thumbsup:If enough people want it, we may get it!

Re: Sequel to MVPrince,I can understand your feelings. However, as Tony points out, age does not have anything to do with it. besides, in my sequel idea Sonny and Rico will be running the OCB and calling the shots. So, them being older works :). In addition, my storyline more then justifies their return.I just need to prove to NBC that there are enough fans out there wanting a sequel. If NBC thinks there is enough demand and that they may have another hit on their hands, they will do a sequel. If not, they will never budge!Thanks for everyone's support and thanks to Tony D for all your help :)!Renato

I don't know about NBC's willingness, but I think it'd be harder to persuade DJ to do it again, atleast according to this threadhttp://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1999and that's just one thing.MV in the 80s was groundbreaking, musicwise, fashion and storylike.Watching the MV movie just a couple of years ago or so by the same producer MM it didn't seem groundbreaking at all. Visually it was great of course but it wasn't WOW, just another action movie. That's what's missing.How would you suppose to get the WOW factor out of DJ and PMT sitting in an office, I mean after all it's them two who everyone wants to see, everyone who still even remembers the original MV that is, as today's audience seem to have forgotten about our great show.No, for me it'd be tarnishing the memory of the great 80s show, if not one of the best shows ever.Look what they did to Knight Rider, it's attrocius, I couldn't watch that sh*t for 5 minutes straight, I'd rather they leave it in peace.PERHAPS if Colin Farrel and Jamie Foxx were to do the show, as we've already 'accepted' them in the movie it would be acceptable for them to continue the saga with the show, but that'll never happen, as even the movie wasn't that succesful at the box office ...My friend, good things are just better appreciated when they are good :shout:

If like Star Trek, the original MV crew had started to make movies within 5 years or so of the series I believe with good writing there could of been several movies with all of them more popular than the movie that was made. I think the time to do so has pass though. In real life all the cast would have over 30 years on the job and retired.

If you watch Nash Bridges, although he's the captain he gets involved in gunfights & even hand to hand battles. He & PMT are in good shape & it can be done if written wisely.This should have been done a few years ago, & the longer they wait, it will slip completely away. :cry:

Great thread idea !!!if i would like to see the show back on TV , oh man it would be AWESOME !!! but i think M. Mann needs to be at the commands only him knows the "ingredients of the soup" . i loved the 2006 movie and without DJ & PMT it wasn't an easy task . i think original cast (DJ,PMT,E.J. Olmos ...) has given enough to the "myth" i think the series fame sticked a label on them and forbade them to do anything else and doing the same thing all the time i don't think it's much fulfilling so yes i think it would be cool even without the original cast :thumbsup: