What's your favourite Jan Hammer tune?

KaeptnCaipi

On 9/20/2012 at 11:58 PM, CharlieGlide said:

I used to (still do) love "Forever Tonight." Such a cool song with so many progressions to it. This thread reminds me that I need to play that song in the car soon. It's a great driving song.Because of this site, I've re-discovered so many great songs that I hadn't invested the time listening to and studying. I'm a huge music fan and listening to the tracks, or Dadrian's covers, is like hearing the songs for the first time.

I missed this. Glad to hear you enjoy my covers. Thanks!

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Besides Crockett's theme, Miami Vice theme - Pilot version also and Definitely Miami, which I love, these are my favorites as well: Angelina's theme, Great McCarthy - Tubbs and McCarthy meet, Izzy' theme, Klaus, Great McCarthy opening theme, Give a little Take a little - car chase, Calderon's return Pt 2 - the island chase, Great McCarthy Gina and Trudy's bust/chase, Candy, When Irish eyes are crying, Robbie's theme in Buddies and the one called New beginning. :radio:

It is hard to choose just one. :D 

Some great themes there !:fireworks:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Crockett's Theme - original version.

Good choice Jim - did you mean the original version which appeared in "Hit List" or the slower version that appeared in "Give a Little , Take a Little" ( known as Crockett's Return on JHs Complete Collection) ?!:D

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I missed this. Glad to hear you enjoy my covers. Thanks!

Love your covers too Dadrian! Just downloaded your covers of my favorite Jan Hammer tunes the other day. :fireworks:

3 hours ago, summer84 said:

Love your covers too Dadrian! Just downloaded your covers of my favorite Jan Hammer tunes the other day. :fireworks:

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Yes they are great they are on my Jan Hammer playlist also ! :dance:

Many thanks to you both!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Good choice Jim - did you mean the original version which appeared in "Hit List" or the slower version that appeared in "Give a Little , Take a Little" ( known as Crockett's Return on JHs Complete Collection) ?!:D

The Hit List version.  :radio:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Am 9.6.2012 um 13:29 schrieb trumanfan:
Zitat
Hi all' date='I'm looking for some Jan Hammer help. Does anyone know if Jan did the music for the movie "I Come in Peace"? I think he did but I've never seen the music from that movie released. Any info or direction? I'd love to get the soundtrack to that movie.Thanks,stone[/quote']He did the music but it's not released on CD.

Wow, that does sound like Jan. I just looked it up and yup, the wiki says Music by Jan Hammer. Is this soundtrack available anywhere?

As for my favorite Jan tune....there are just so many. I make a top 10 list :-D
1.Fight on the Boat (from paypback)
2.Colombia
3.Golden Triangle
4.The Heist theme (when Izzy and Noogman steal the truck)
5.A new beginning
6."Fake Assassin" (from Out where the buses don't run. The full version at the end is better though - I don't think that one has been ripped yet, unfortunately)
7.Little Miss Dangerous
8.Reydolfo's Dinner/ Give A Little, Take A Little Club Music 1
9.Voodoo Dance
10.Pedrosas Theme (Heroes of the Revolution)

How funny and sad that most of these are NOT on the CD Collection. Of course I love Crocketts Theme and MV theme too but since I've heard them so many more times than the other songs and I'm just so used to them (like most of you probably) it's kinda hard for me to put them in the proper perspective.

Edited by Den Taylor

Crockett's Theme is my #1!  

I also like the piece I have always called Gina's theme--it's really short and I don't think it was used much.  But there are so many good pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Crockett's Theme is my #1!  

I also like the piece I have always called Gina's theme--it's really short and I don't think it was used much.  But there are so many good pieces.

You're a gal after my own heart! :fireworks::clap:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stop everything for a moment and watch the synth that made "Miami Vice" an adjective in the music world:

Skip to 6:55

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

Crockett's Theme is definitely my favorite, but the show's theme, Gina's Theme, and other background pieces that helped define the show were all superb!!! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Crockett's Theme is definitely my favorite, but the show's theme, Gina's Theme, and other background pieces that helped define the show were all superb!!! :thumbsup:

I missed this post somehow. Sorry for the late reply, but Crx Theme so great it almost can't even be in the same category as the rest of the Miami Vice score, IMO. You may know: Jan has said that except for the lead guitar sound, many of the Crx Theme sounds came from the Roland Jupiter 8, but the MV Theme Song and Gina (that you mentioned) featured the Memorymoog heavily. Maybe you already knew all that. :) 

On 5/12/2017 at 0:15 PM, Rburns said:

The Burnett one at the end of Mirror image, redone of Angelina's flashback but for me much better.

I like the Mirror Image cues of Angelina Flashback better, too! Very memorable scenes in that episode with that cue. 

3 hours ago, Crockett's Theme said:

My name says it all... Legendary tune!

Yes and yes! :):thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I missed this post somehow. Sorry for the late reply, but Crx Theme so great it almost can't even be in the same category as the rest of the Miami Vice score, IMO. You may know: Jan has said that except for the lead guitar sound, many of the Crx Theme sounds came from the Roland Jupiter 8, but the MV Theme Song and Gina (that you mentioned) featured the Memorymoog heavily. Maybe you already knew all that. :) 

I like the Mirror Image cues of Angelina Flashback better, too! Very memorable scenes in that episode with that cue. 

Yes and yes! :):thumbsup:

Nice choices my friend - Gina was a wonderful piece and the Angelina Flashback pieces from Mirror Image were even faster than the piece in Sons and Lovers I believe :hippie:

• 2 months later...

Without doubt , mine is Evan . There is an emotional level to this track that is incredible . You can almost feel Sonny's angst in the boatyard with the whole Evan & Mike situation . It's positively gut wrenching with this music playing. Couple that with Tubbs' words to Sonny and it's a perfect moment .

After that one , I like Stone's War . Reminds me of a stiffling hot day ( we have plenty in Arizona ) from which there is no relief .  Beside those 2 there are a lot of 3rd place ties going on . A Hammer track that was pre Vice I absolutely love and would have been perfect for the show is " Finale " from the film Secret Admirer ". That track absolutely kills from whistle to gun . I am planning on putting together a video of as many action scenes from the show ( mostly car scenes ) as I can fit with that track .

• Like 1

Nice to know . Didn't know he was working on other stuff at the time since the show kept him busy . Should have saved that track for Miami Vice . So many places it would have fit . Thanks for the info .

• Like 1