What's your favourite Jan Hammer tune?

KaeptnCaipi

I've always like the theme for CANDY. Jan Hammer did such a great job on that track, and it fits well with the episode SCORE.

hows it today.still hungry?:)

I'll tell you in the SEX thread.Were starting to get off topic in this thread about JAN HAMMER.Your answer is waiting for you there.

• 4 months later...

Oh man, there's isn't any Jan Hammer track I don't like.But my all time faves are " The Trial and the Search" and "Rain"

My favorites are probably "The Trial and the Search", "Evan" and "Marina". I actually prefer the Mirror Image Marina to the Great McCarthy's version.

• 1 year later...

Oh, man... Jan had MANY great songs that completed Miami Vice.My all time favorite is definitely "Crockett's Theme" which is my favorite song of all time too! :cool:Other great tunes include "Tubbs and Valerie", the haunting theme of "Evan", "New York Theme" and off course the "Miami Vice Theme".:cool:

• 1 month later...

My favorites are Rico´s Blues and Crockett´s Theme and much more good music The miami vice Theme New York theme .......and more . :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are Rico´s Blues and Crockett´s Theme and much more good music The miami vice Theme New York theme .......and more . :thumbsup:

Tubbs and Valerie from "Prodigal Son":D

• 1 month later...

Jan Hammer: I Come in PeaceHi all,I'm looking for some Jan Hammer help. Does anyone know if Jan did the music for the movie "I Come in Peace"? I think he did but I've never seen the music from that movie released. Any info or direction? I'd love to get the soundtrack to that movie.Thanks,stone

• 6 months later...

I recently burned a Jan Hammer Miami Vice cd for my car. I put some tracks on there I don't ordinarily listen to and I have come to LOVE both "Candy" and the song used during the polo match from "The Little Prince."I can't remember the name of the song, but it's interesting: I think Jan (or someone) plays live drums on that track - as opposed to a drum machine/program. It's a little sloppy but it really adds to the sound. I love it.

Hi all' date='I'm looking for some Jan Hammer help. Does anyone know if Jan did the music for the movie "I Come in Peace"? I think he did but I've never seen the music from that movie released. Any info or direction? I'd love to get the soundtrack to that movie.Thanks,stone[/quote']He did the music but it's not released on CD.

I recently burned a Jan Hammer Miami Vice cd for my car. I put some tracks on there I don't ordinarily listen to and I have come to LOVE both "Candy" and the song used during the polo match from "The Little Prince."I can't remember the name of the song' date=' but it's interesting: I think Jan (or someone) plays live drums on that track - as opposed to a drum machine/program. It's a little sloppy but it really adds to the sound. I love it.[/quote']It's called Runaround. It's an older song of his.

• 3 months later...

My favorite Jan Hammer Track is 'Miami Vice theme Extended version'I read somewhere that 'Miami Vice theme' is the most popular TV theme of all time, I know it was a success in the charts when It was released and It won awards....and rightfully so!I can actually remember it being in the charts here in the UK! I do have other favourites.....Tubbs and Valerie (Inc the Extended version which id love a copy of but its a rare find) stands out along with Rain, Theresa and of course 'Crockett's theme'.Nothing better than driving with the hood down and Jan blasting out!!

I used to (still do) love "Forever Tonight." Such a cool song with so many progressions to it. This thread reminds me that I need to play that song in the car soon. It's a great driving song.Because of this site, I've re-discovered so many great songs that I hadn't invested the time listening to and studying. I'm a huge music fan and listening to the tracks, or Dadrian's covers, is like hearing the songs for the first time.

• 4 years later...

Besides Crockett's theme, Miami Vice theme - Pilot version also and Definitely Miami, which I love, these are my favorites as well: Angelina's theme, Great McCarthy - Tubbs and McCarthy meet, Izzy' theme, Klaus, Great McCarthy opening theme, Give a little Take a little - car chase, Calderon's return Pt 2 - the island chase, Great McCarthy Gina and Trudy's bust/chase, Candy, When Irish eyes are crying, Robbie's theme in Buddies and the one called New beginning. :radio:

It is hard to choose just one. :D 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2