What's your favourite Jan Hammer tune?

KaeptnCaipi

1 hour ago, Sea-light said:

The talk

Are you pleased with the season 4 version he released with the Complete Collection, or do you like the original version from “Evan” better? No right or wrong answer, just curious. :thumbsup:

I love the cue that plays during the car-boat chase in One Way Ticket. The way he incorporates "Last flight" into it is ingenious. I think that was the only time it was used too right? Incredible.

That cue was only used in that episode. There was some music from “One Way Ticket” that recurred in the opening credits of “Walk-Alone”, but not that cue particularly. 

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Are you pleased with the season 4 version he released with the Complete Collection, or do you like the original version from “Evan” better? No right or wrong answer, just curious. :thumbsup:

I like both:)

30 minutes ago, Sea-light said:

I like both:)

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This version is my favourite. 

5 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

That’s the Complete Collection version

Elements of that piece also appeared in the late Season 4 episode “Deliver Us From Evil”.

DUFE also used a lot of Jan Hammer cues from “Forgive us our Debts” :hippie:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just adore Rum Cay for some reason. Perfect little rounder that it is. Makes me well up with youthful nostalgic joy even today.

Well done Jan Hammer - first a few days ago the new Facebook page and now the new album announcement. Strange as I’ve been listening and watching lots more of JH in the last week (as some of you may have seen in my posts!) and now this - I’m elated.:hippie:

• 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

@Dadrian I’ve been lovin’ some of the Neal Schon/ Jan Hammer stuff from 1981 and 1983.

Yes! Some great stuff! Two amazing musicians with mutual respect. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Yes! Some great stuff! Two amazing musicians with mutual respect. :thumbsup:

On the 1983 album you can hear Miami Vice vibes in one of the instrumentals - a fine piece.:hippie:

Edited by Matt5

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

On the 1983 album you can hear Miami Vice vibes in one of the instrumentals - a fine piece.:hippie:

Covered by Night and On the Beach both have MV vibes for me.

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Covered by Night and On the Beach both have MV vibes for me.

Yes certainly “On the Beach” from the ‘81 album and “Peace of Mind” from the 1983 album are pure pre Miami Vice.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I’m sure Michael Mann must have liked these Neal Schon and Jan Hammer albums . I mean the instrumentals “On the Beach” from the 1981 album and “Peace of Mind” from the 1983 albums cry out pre Miami Vice. As well as the Al Di Meola/JH 1983 album “Scenario”.

Edited by Matt5

23 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Absolutely! A must for any MV music fan!

Very MV- ish, early Season 1 style with elements of the main keyboard part (kicks in at 44 seconds) by JH really remind me of an early Season 1 score. But can’t place the episode at the moment - I think “Little Prince” , “Milk Run” or “Hit List”.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

@Dadrian as I mentioned above in the tune you posted at 44 seconds in that sound is very early Season 1 reminds me of this from “Milk Run” (comes in at 37 seconds) and believe this piece was used in “Hit List” I think.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, alijax said:

My 1st post & this is my favourite Jan Hammer tune (this one is not performed by Jan Hammer, but I can't find a recording of it).

Probably as close as we will ever get, as JH is unlikely to release any more MV music in it’s original form. 

Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Probably as close as we will ever get, as JH is unlikely to release any more MV music in it’s original form. 

Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

I have heard this titled  Black Mercedes. Somehow I have it in my ITunes library. Not sure where I got it from, but I'll try to find it for you.