MV Special 25th Anniversary Fan-Fiction!

Danni Crockett

Christine and I co-wrote a special Fan Fiction for you, as part of the 25th anniversary celebration.We will surprise you with a new chapter every couple of days.Please express your thoughts and ideas about our story in the comments thread and keep this thread nice and tidy for the story.Happy anniversary everybody!!Grtz. Danni

Miami vice, 25th anniversary storyFamily Ties Chapter 1: New York, September 2009 Rico ran around in search for Valerie. He had heard the shoot-out while he was searching for the gangster in the house.Where was she? He kicked the bathroom door open, with his gun ready to fire. Nothing. He heard a noise coming from the kitchen downstairs and hurries himself down the stairs, skipping every second step to gain speed. When he reached the kitchen, it turned out to be the cat, which dropped a cup from the sink when it jumped up to the floor. Coffee trails lead to the living room, where the cat must have run out the open doors. The open doors! He ran out of the house, stopped, and hectically looked around. The rain was pouring down and there were puddles everywhere.He discovered two legs behind a bush. Valerie! He ran to her, fell next to her on his knees. She was unconscious and he saw the strongly bleeding wound near her heart. While the rain was drenching him to the skin, his fingers searched for Valerie’s pulse, but he couldn’t find it. He started with cardiac massage while counting," One - two - three - four - five - six - seven - eight." Then he gave her respiration before he continued massaging. Her blood covered his hands, smeared over his cheeks, and colored his light - blue shirt red. Rain was running from his hair over his face where it was mixed up with his tears and her blood."Don’t die on me, Val!" he begged. "You mustn’t die! Oh, please, Val, open your eyes!"And again " six - seven - eight, oh baby, come on!!" He shakes her hoping he could just simply wake her. Nothing. No breath, no pulse, no sounds, no movements. He heard the wailing of the sirens. Who had called the ambulance? He didn’t know! Again and again, he continued the cardiac massage until her blood suddenly was gashing out of the wound.The wailing sirens came closer and closer... - and Rico woke up with a start. His heart was beating hard against his ribs, he was covered with sweat, and realized that it had not been the wailing sirens, that were only in his dream, that woke him up, but the telephone was ringing."Tubbs?" He said as he tiredly picked up the phone. "Hi, there pal! How are you?" Ah, the familiar sounds of his friend’s voice, Sonny. Rico sighed in relief, Sonny had always had that sense for perfect timing.It has been 20 years since Rico had left Miami to go back to his roots, back to New York. The decision to go after Calderone for killing his brother, had already been 25 years, it seemed like forever. This Calderone guy has caused him nothing but trouble, except for the fact that it brought him to Miami where he spent 5 fabulous years on the force with Miami Vice. His partner James ‘Sonny’ Crockett had been a very close friend of his, still is, actually. They see each other only every couple of years, but they call each other every now and then, on a more regular basis. "Hey, partner! What can I say: I live. How ‘bout you?" Rico put his long legs out of the bed. He passed with the fingers of his left hand through his almost black hair. Then he got up, walked to the kitchen, and pored himself a glass of orange juice.“Listen, I am taking some time off as of tomorrow,” Sonny started, “how about you get on the first plane down here and do some sailing with me?” He grabbed for the pack of smokes in his pocket, and took one out.“Sounds good, man.” Rico laughed and took a sip from his drink. “But… I’m in the middle of a case here, and I don’t think this woman will be very happy to know that I am not going to find her lost father for her, this week…” Sonny lit up his cigarette on the other end. Rico hears the well-known sound. “You still didn’t give up on that nasty habit, did you?”Sonny laughs and takes a puff. “Nah, how could I possibly work with Vice and have none myself…” Sonny replied. “This lost father, how long has he been lost exactly?”“Don’t make fun of me man, this is a serious client! The guy’s been lost for 12 years.” Rico said, sitting himself down on a chair in the kitchen.“Hah! 12 years? Well, than another week or two won’t do him no harm! Why don’t you tell this woman that you’re going to Miami because you have a lead on the man over here. Hell, you might even get her to pay for your ticket!” Sonny laughed.“Of course… how could I forget… the Miami way of solving things. You lie, cheat, deal and scam your way out of life…. Look, I’ll think about it, ok?” "What? No! Just come over here! I know that you need this after the things that have happened. I bet, you don’t sleep well...if you can even sleep at all. Come on, pal! I need this, too. You don’t have anything better to do than sit around here catching some fish, now do you?"Rico promised to think about it. Then he hung up and, for a moment, he stared thoughtfully at the telephone knowing that Sonny was right. Since that dreadful day two weeks ago he could barely eat or sleep. He worked night and day until he could hardly keep his eyes open. Then he would fall into his bed, knowing that he would be haunted by his nightmare. No way to keep on living like that forever.Rico walked to the window and looked over the city. It was dawn and the sun was just rising over the horizon. What should he do?After a shower and a shave, Rico left the apartment. The sun had risen higher now. At a coffee – shop he bought a black coffee, put two lumps of sugar in his paper cup, and drank it while thinking about what to do. The thought to sit around with Sonny was tempting. Maybe he could meet all of his old colleagues he hadn’t seen for many years.Suddenly his mobile started ringing. “Tubbs?” He said as he realized his customer’s number.“Please…come and… rescue me,” the woman said with a weak voice.Rico startled for a moment, but then he waved his hand to stop a cab, not knowing that this occurrence took the decision for him.To be continued....------Danni and Christine

Family Ties Chapter 2: At the same time in Miami Over 1000 miles down the South, Sonny has his team in the briefing room to discuss the progress on the current cases. Sonny is now Lieutenant since Castillo moved up a rank and made it to Captain 3 years ago.Billy had left his mother Caroline to live with Sonny, about 15 years ago. After high school he went straight to the police academy to step into his father’s footsteps. When he was on the job for a couple of years, Sonny needed him for an undercover operation and he has maintained that cover ever since.Billy and his partner Maurice Pennington are part of Sonny’s team, so are Gina and Stan, both having a new partner. Gina’s new partner is Tanya Turner and Stan is now working with Eric Reynolds. Just like Sonny and Rico were always having a strong bond, Billy and Maurice have gotten very close over these last couple of years, practically being best friends.“Where are you on the Philippe Carter case?” Sonny asked his team, sitting on the table with one leg on the ground, Gina sitting next to him, wearing one of her elegant outfits, distinguishably showing her rounding’s touched by a streak of her brown hair. “I have pulled his jacket this morning.” Gina started as she handed out copies of the file. “He has been trialed for murder back in ’95 but the verdict was Not Guilty… Even though the mother of the murdered woman claimed she saw him leave her daughter’s apartment, just before she found her dead daughter. Unbelievable.”“Where is he now?” Sonny wondered.“He lives in an apartment on Key Biscane, with his wife Carol and 9 years old daughter Bethany. His wife stated she hasn’t seen him for two weeks.” Tanya informed them. She was a twenty – eight years old, good – looking woman with honey blond curls that reached to her shoulders and she had light – brown eyes… a very attractive contrast.“Carter’s fingerprints were found in the apartment of the O.D.’ed woman Elaine Hemingway, discovered by her close friend yesterday. Homicide called Vice in for the pound of cocaine they found in her house. This was very unlogical, since the woman was a drug addictive hooker, not able to afford this kind of weight. The lab came up with Carter’s fingerprints within a couple of hours, pretty fast. The prints were all over the bag of cocaine and on a whiskey glass that had been standing on the side table, empty.”“Does he have any …” Sonny started his new question.“Carter has no history in Drugs whatsoever.” Gina interrupted him playfully, she knows him through and through, after all these years. Even though Gina is married and has two sons, still, there’s a bit of tension between them every now and then, but more now than then, actually.Sonny got married about 18 years ago and had a daughter, Danni who is sixteen now, from this marriage. They divorced after only 5 years, leaving the girl with him to raise her on his own. Danni’s mother was killed in a car accident for about 7 years ago. In all this time, he has had feelings for Gina as well. Though, the both of them had never seriously acted on it, they did flirt with each other.Sonny teased “Never interrupt a Lieutenant when he is speaking…. But that was indeed going to be my question.” He lights a cigarette while he reads through the file Gina got him. “Do we have a lead on this guy?”“Not yet.” Billy started disappointingly from the other end of the table, but shortly followed by a proud grin. “I did found out, that his brother is into some illegitimate business, though.” Billy got up to get some more coffee, knowing he left everybody anxious for more info.“Well?” Sonny asked impatiently when Billy got back with the coffee.“Well, Lieutenant … I know that Marlon Carter, a.k.a. “Courter”, known for his easy ways out of trials, has recently lost a shipment, thanks to our beloved coast-guard. Meaning he is into nose candy business pretty seriously.” Billy put his feet up on the table and took a cigarette out of his pocket, tapping it briefly on the box, wet it and put it in his mouth... just the way his old man does. This isn’t the only characteristic he inherited from Sonny.The cigarette hung from his lips while he was looking for a light.“He might just be interested in a new transporter…” Billy said as he lit his cigarette.“Good. Billy, Maurice, apply for the job.” Sonny decided.“By transporter, I specifically meant a transporter owning a speedboat…” Billy asked his father. Sonny still finds it difficult to see someone else on the handles of his speedboat. “Can’t you just transport it by car?!” Sonny replied.“No! He needs it by water. Come on dad, um … Lieutenant.” “You and your sister… two of a kind…” Sonny grumbled as he dropped the key to his speedboat in Billy’s hands. “Let’s go.” Billy said to Maurice. They left the office, got into Billy’s Porsche, and they fired away to the Palm Island, hoping to bump in to Marlon Carter there.Shortly after that, Sonny hopped into his car and ran along the way to his boat “GLAMOUR DAYS”. Sometimes he had enough of all of this: Then he felt the big urge to weigh anchor and take a trip out a mystery tour. He sincerely hoped that Rico was going to accept his offer, then the two of them could be up on that deck with their fishing rods the very next day. Sonny was doubting it, because so far, Rico hadn’t give him any clue that he would come.When he arrived at the parking lot and walked down the dock, he was welcomed by the basses of Lady Gaga´s “Pokerface” made him clear that Danni was home. The music wasn’t too loud, but loud enough that she didn’t hear him coming. The floor under his feet was vibrating when Sonny walked to the door and stepped in. In the living – room, he spotted Danni’s schoolbag and kicked-off shoes, lying next to the lobster – colored couch. It looked as if Danni had been in a hurry. The living – room connected the other rooms on the boat. Danni’s bedroom was on the right, Sonny’s on the left and in between, there was the bathroom they had to share. Danni always complained about that, she really wanted her own bathroom.“If you’ll get me enough money than I’ll buy a boat with more rooms,” Sonny sometimes told her. “I think I about one million dollars would cover it.” That usually kept Danni silent for a while.At the moment Sonny wanted to shout Danni’s name, he picked parts of her speech up. “They can’t stop us, Ginger! We go to the beach party tonight!” Quietly, Sonny walked closer to the door, hardly daring to breath.Danni snorted. “I’ve heard that this is gonna be the greatest party of the year! We HAVE to be there, Gin, we have to…”Sonny started boiling with rage. In the morning, they had had a discussion because Danni wanted to stay overnight with Ginger Switek, her best friend, and accompany her to a beach party. Sonny said no and told Danni that he wasn’t going to discuss about his decision. Danni didn’t answer and therefore, he thought that she understood. Now, apparently, Ginger couldn’t go to this party either.“I tell you what we’ll do,” Danni said. “We just tell them that we’ve changed our mind and don’t want to go to the party after all. And I’ll say we’re just gonna stay at your place, than you just say we’re gonna stay at my place. What? Yes, just like that time with Greg’s party. No, it’ll be ok. I bet that he’ll allow me …”She stopped because Sonny stepped into the room. The skin in his face had turned white because of his rage, and he clinched his fists so hard that the knuckles also turned white. Danni’s face turned red as he caught her in the act.“…Gin, I have to go. My Dad’s here.” She hung up phone quickly.Danni had been lying on the bed, but now she got up and her bright blue eyes looked at Sonny with a defiant look.“You wanted to play a trick on me,” Sonny grumbled with flashing eyes. “And this is not the first time I hear…”Danni threw back her long, curled, blond hair. Sonny looked her up and down. He was proud of his good–looking daughter. Everything at her seemed to be perfect. If he would be a young man and would have met her somewhere, he had called her a really hot chick. But exactly for this he was afraid. Danni wasn’t aware that she drove boys crazy. Therefore, it was his responsibility to take care for her.“OK, so you got me!” Danni provocatively answered. “I’m neither your baby nor your little girl, I am sixteen, damned!!”“I. Said. No!” Sonny slowly replied. He spoke quietly, but it was like the calm before the storm.“Dad, it’s just a party! Daddy, please!” Danni was standing there with her arms folded in front of her chest. “You know me! I’ll be careful!”Sonny took a deep breath. “No!”Danni lost her temper first. “You don’t trust me! You treat me as if I’m a baby! Am I your prisoner or what?” She shouted. “I hate you!”“Danni, mind your words!” Sonny warned as he raised his right forefinger and his voice was getting a bit louder. But Danni didn’t listen. “You never let me do anything, even though I never gave you a reason not to trust me!”“No reason not to trust you? You’ve just planned to screw me over, right in front of me! You’re only sixteen, sweetheart, when you’re 21 you can do whatever you please. Until then, you’re just going to have to accept that I make the decisions around here!” Sonny’s voice turned louder in sync with his anger. “Well than you’re just going to have to decide that I can go!” Danni yelled unwillingly.“Shut it! I know how things on these parties can go. I’m a policeman! I can’t count how many parties we’ve ended because of the drugs we’d found!” Sonny shouted, knowing that the owner of the boat next to his neighbor could hear his every word.They stood opposite like fighters and neither of them was to give an inch.“You think I wanna use drugs?” Danni provocatively asked. “Man! If I wanted to, I could buy this stuff on Monday at school or on the way to school…” Danni stretched her arms as if she wanted to hug the whole world. “I can buy this stuff everywhere, Dad, not only at a party!” Suddenly she smiled, as she felt she had totally figured him out. “Are you afraid I would meddle with boys?”Sonny swallowed, she got him, that’s exactly what he was afraid of. In his youth, Sonny had visited many beach parties, and he’d been one of those “bad boys”. The girls always loved him, and he couldn’t resist them either.“You are not going. Period!” He said with his index finger pointing at her. Danni was just taking a deep breath before throwing in a new tactic. All of sudden, Sonny’s mobile started ringing. As Billy and Maurice were on the way to Palm Island for business with Carter and he didn’t have a good feeling with that case, he took the mobile out of his pocket immediately.“Crockett?” he said as he turned away from his angry daughter.“Stan here. You need to come urgently, Sonny! Something dreadful has happened.”“Where are you Stan?”“Palm Avenue…”TBC...------Danni and Christine

Chapter 3: Surprising information“I give you some extra money if you put your foot down,” Rico promised as he gave the driver the address where e wanted to be taken to.The driver nodded and did his best, but, nevertheless, it took some time to reach the small house in the suburb because it was rush – hour.During the ride, Rico thought about what could have happened. An accident? An attack? Several times he tried to call her, but she didn’t pick up.When they finally arrived, Rico paid the driver and gave him a generous tip. Then he jumped out of the cab, and ran along the paved way to the front door. It was closed. He kicked it in without hesitating. A stinky cloud of blood, sweat, urine, and cold smoke hit him. He turned his head to the right, took a deep breath, and ran into the house.“Bonny?” he shouted as he was hiding himself next to a cupboard, and pulling his gun. He heard a quiet sigh, but nothing more.Rico glanced around. It was a rather small house and he was in the living room. Opposite, there was the stairs and, next to it, there was a closed door.At a quick glance, he caught sight of a grey two seat couch, a suiting armchair, and a round glass table on the right, and an also round table with four chairs on the left next to the kitchen bar. The big window and the terrace door were closed and not damaged. Whatever had happened in this house, nobody broke in it through the window.“Bonny?” Rico repeated, flashed to the door next to the stairs, and opened it with a quick move. Carefully, he squeezed himself against the wall next to the door. Nothing happened. He bended quickly forward and backward. The room was small with bookshelves on the left, a big cupboard on the right, and an undamaged window opposite the door. But Bonny wasn’t here.Quietly, Rico ran up the stairs. The smell of blood and the other uncomfortable things increased, and when he reached the next floor, he heard someone sighing, then coughing.On this floor, there were three doors. The one next to him was open. Carefully, but quickly he bended forward and backward. He discovered Bonny who was lying on the floor. She was alone and injured.Rico ran to her and took a very deep breath. The way she was laying there reminded him of the dreadful event two weeks ago, Bonny’s lemon colored top was drenched with the blood that was running out of three wounds. She was lying on her back with her beautiful chocolate – colored eyes wide open. Slowly, she turned her head and looked at him. Again she coughed.“Rico,” she whispered. In her hand, Rico discovered a bloody cell phone.Rico took his mobile and called the ambulance before he kneed down next to her. “Bonny, who did this to you? Did you see him?” he asked.Bonny swallowed. “I’ve lied to you, Rico,” she admitted. “I… wasn’t searching for my father, but…for his former partner. He killed my father and stole… his money… My money…” Again she coughed and it took some time until she stopped.“Who is he?” Rico wanted to know then.Bonny looked imploringly at him. When she coughed now, a small blood stripe ran along the right corner of her mouth. “Don’t be too angry. I…need the money…”“Who is he?” Rico repeated.“Fernando Cal…de…rone.” Bony closed her eyes, sighed, and died.Rico was still kneeing next to her, but he couldn’t believe that it was true. He must have misheard! It couldn’t be true that the name Calderone appeared again, exactly 25 years after his brother was killed by Orlando Calderone!He got on his feet and looked down on Bonny. “I feel very sorry for you, Bonny!”Then he glanced around. This was a bedroom. Every door and every drawer stood open and clothes were lying everywhere around. Somebody had been searching for something. But did he find it?Carefully, Rico walked around, but didn’t touch anything. The name, Calderone, spinned around in his mind. It wasn’t Orlando, but Fernando, but, at least, it made no difference. All men of that family were bad guys.Rico’s look flashed over the clothes on the floor and the things in the drawers. He spotted some hot underwear.Then he left the bedroom and opened the other doors with his elbow. The murderer had left the rooms – a bedroom and a small bathroom – in a mess.Rico walked downstairs, turned into the room next to the stairs, and took one book after another off the shelves. Suddenly, several photos fell out of “Gone With The Wind” from Margret Mitchell. He pushed the book back at its place and picked the photos up. When he had a look at them, he caught his breath…To be continued....------Danni and Christine

Chapter 4: Team falling apartSonny closed his mobile immediately after Stan’s words that he needs him to come over to Palm Avenue where something dreadful had happened. He rushed himself to his black Porsche Carrera GT and drove off with squealing tires heading for Palm Island where his son and his partner were to meet Marlon Carter. “God, let them be O.K.” he said to himself when swirling through traffic at tremendous speed, ignoring traffic lights here and there. The traffic light at the foot of the bridge, he couldn’t ignore and he stopped for it. A white Lamborghini Murcielago pulled up next to him on the left, the kid in it was grinning at him with a playful boyish smile, daring Sonny to race him over the bridge, playing with the gas. Since both cars go from nor to sixty well under 4 seconds, it would be quite a challenge when Sonny would have time for games like this. But right now, Sonny was in no mood to play around with some kid and ignored him. The traffic light turned green and they both put their foot down and accelerated so fast, they blasted themselves onto the bridge. The kid was getting on Sonny’s nerves, so he put his foot down even more and managed to get ahead of him, about 20 feet. Just when he thought he was well on his way, the kid passed him on the left and almost pushed Sonny off the road, when he positioned himself in front of Sonny. “Jesus, kid! You are damned lucky. Any other day, I would have nailed you, pal !! ” he shouted into the wind, the kid couldn’t hear him, off course. At the other end of the bridge, Sonny took a right turn, leaving the boy on his own in his racing game.He stopped on Palm Avenue, next to the Ambulance. Sonny ran to the man who was lying on the grass, with two paramedics working around him and another man standing at the injured man’s side. When Sonny came closer, he was relieved to see that Billy was the one standing next to Maurice, though, still it was a dreadful moment. Billy’s hands, his shirt, and his trousers were covered with blood.“How is he?” Sonny asked as he kneeled down next to Billy.“Very bad, dad. The explosion was very near him. He still has a pulse, but he’s barely breathing…” Billy said with a trembling voice, feeling very sorry for his partner and hoping he’d survive the incident.The paramedics had placed Maurice on a stretcher and carefully moved him into the ambulance now, immediately hooking him up on a saline infusion. “I’m coming with him!” Billy stated and he took place on his side. Before Sonny could even ask Billy what happened, the Ambulance took off with wailing sirens, heading for the hospital.Stan was in conversation with Trudy, he noticed Sonny and winked him to come over. Trudy had earned her agree in forensics about 10 years ago and now worked on the forensics team. On many occasions she worked together with her old Vice colleagues. Off course, she still was in frequent contact with Gina and the rest of the team. “Fill me in.” Sonny said.“There was an explosion in the front part of the house.” Stan explained. “Billy was around the back, because no one had answered the door. Maurice probably opened the front door or something and a bomb went off.”“I told my team to hurry,” Trudy said as she was glancing around. Her team, dressed in white overalls, hoods, and gloves was doing his work. Someone was taking photos of the bursted front door and the numbered evidences that were lying everywhere around. Others were in the house in hope to find fingerprints or something else there that could lead them to the bomber.A young policeman came up to them. He was carrying a mobile in his right handthat he gave to Trudy. “It’s from the boy who’s living with his parents in the opposite house.,” he told. “The twelve – year – old boy is disabled, sitting in a wheelchair. This morning, he didn’t feel good. Therefore, he stayed at home and spent his time sitting at the window. He saw a white Van with paw – prints at its sides stopping in front of the house. He found it strange and thought it could be a good idea to take some photos with his mobile.”Trudy smiled at him. “That’s great. I hope you’ve told him that he’s a very smart boy.”The young policeman also smiled and nodded. “Oh, yes. He showed me a beaming smile and was very happy that he can help the police.”Trudy waved the mobile while looking at Sonny. “I investigate it immediately and call you as soon as possible,” she promises and left hurriedly.Sonny told Stan that he wanted to drive to the hospital now before he also left.Billy was sitting in the emergency room’s waiting area when Sonny arrived. He had bought two paper cups of coffee and gave one to Billy while sitting down on the chair next to him. “You know something new?” he asked.Billy blew over the coffee and drank a sip before he answered,” No, nothing.” Desperately, he looked at Sonny. “Everything seemed to be easy, Dad. Maurice said that he wanted to use the front door and he asked me to go to the backside of the house. But I had hardly arrived when the explosion shook the house. I returned to the front side, Dad. I did everything I could…”Sonny put his right hand on Billy’s shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself, Billy.”A doctor left one of the cabins and as Billy jumped up immediately, he knew where to go. Sonny and Billy listened when the doctor told them that several splinters had penetrated Maurice’s chest and his stomach. He had inside bleedings at his liver and his lungs were also affected. Nobody could tell if he would survive the next 24 hours.------Danni and Christine

5. RICO’S DECISIONRico knew that it was wrong to put the photos into his pocket. They were evidences, and if someone found out what he had done, he would lose his license as a private eye. Nevertheless, they disappeared into hi pocket.The noises of the wailing sirens came closer and closer and stopped in front of the house. Several policemen got out of the cars and ran to the house.Rico told them about Bonny’s call and what he’d found after his arrival, but he kept quiet about Bonny’s last words. Calderone was his thing... if it really was about Calderone.Rico rode home by taxi, took his car, a silver colored Audi TT (it’s the car he also owns in my fan – fiction ad I would like to use it here also), and drove to the private eye office. (What do you think about giving a name to it?) When he started his own business in 1997, he had only enough money to rent a small and rather dark office. It didn’t look trustworthy, but his old colleagues had helped him. Every time, someone needed a private eyes help they had sent the people to Rico. After a short time, he owned a very good reputation and was able to rent a big, light, and modern office in a rather new building with a view over the Hudson River.The office had a glass facade, white tiles covered the floor, and it was furnitured with good – quality furniture of walnut – wood. Next to the windows, there were three light – brown armchairs standing around a glass – table.Rico’s desk was standing on the left side of the room, Valerie’s desk was opposite. He looked at Val’s desk and still couldn’t believe that she never would return, that she was dead.Rico remembered the photos, took them out of his pocket and had a look at them.There was Angelina in front of the airport with their baby son in her arms. She was pinching her eyes as she was pushing her sunglasses with her left hand down on her nose. Someone with an untidy writing, probably Orlando, had written on the back, “ANGELINA, THE BITCH, WITH HER BASTARD – BABY, RICARDO, MAY 1985.”Softly, Rico touched the photo. He was sure, that things would have developed completely different if Orlando hadn’t killed Angelina.The next two photos were also taken in Miami. One showed him sitting in his Caddy. On the back, he could read, “DETECTIVE RICARDO TUBBS, THE BASTARD – BABY’S DAD.”On the other photo, he was standing at Larry’s grave.Calderone, or someone who was working for him, had , apparently, always been close to Rico... in any case until Orlando was shot.Rico had a look at the last three photos that were taken n New York recently. On the first one he was leaving the apartment – house where he was living in. On the back he could read, “R. TUBBS, AUGUST1st 2009.” One showed him as he was leaving the office, and the last one was taken at a party.Again, Rico looked at the words “R. TUBBS, AUGUST 1st 2009.” He was sure that it was Bonny’s handwriting, but to convince himself, he had to compare the words on the photo with her sign on the contract.Therefore, Rico walked to Val’s desk, he hadn’t cleared out until today. He put the photos on the top and opened the drawers. It took only a minute to find what he was searching for: Bonny Lewis’ file with the contract and the other information Valerie had collected. In the file, there was also a little black book. Curiously, he opened it, had a quick look at the pages...and then he grew stiff as he stared at an address. It was in Miami in a fancy area and it belonged to someone named Fernando Calderone.He hadn’t misheard Bonny’s last words!Rico took a deep breath before he started to search for more information. He was excited, confused, and couldn’t understand why Val hadn’t spoken with him about Calderone.A moment later, he switched on the computer, and it didn’t last long until he found information about Fernando Calderone.Rico stared at the words. Fernando was born in New York in 1950. His mother’s name was Margarita D’Amati and his father’s name was... Orlando Calderone.Thoughtfully, Rico raised his look and stared at the Hudson River and the ships that were driving to the ocean or were coming from it. “Calderone!” he grumbled. “How many children did he have?”He remembered the day when he and Sonny had talked to a man named Mendez about Calderone. “Calderone’s got women all around the world” Mendez had claimed. So, Calderone could own a dozen children.He thought at the rather small and, in his opinion, ugly man with the black hair, the dark – brown eyes, and the gold – tooth on the left one could see when Calderone smiled.“I urgently need to go to Miami,” Rico said to himself when the sun was already setting.He took the pictures and Bonny’s file with him and rushed back to his apartment. It took a lot of time because the traffic was unbelievable this evening. “Don’t they like their homes, or what?” he grumbled as he was waiting at a red traffic light.Eventually, he arrived at home and while walking around and picking things up to put in his suitcase, he ordered a ticket to Miami on the phone.“No! Not tomorrow morning! I need to go NOW!” he impatiently snorted at the lady. “You can’t tell me that there isn’t a flight to Miami that goes today!”For a moment, it was quiet. “I’m sorry, sir, but the only flight to Miami where I can offer you a ticket for goes at 9 p.m. That’s in one hour!”“I’ll take the flight!” He packed a couple of socks into the case next to his pants, dropped some perfectly folded shirts on the top of them, and rushed into the bathroom.“Are you sure you can make that, sir? You have to board within 20 minutes, else the gate will be closed.” The lady tried to persuade him to take tomorrows flight instead.“Yes, woman! I’ll be there in time. Now will you get me the ticket?” he growled. Grabs his shaving gear, toothbrush and soap and hurries back into the bedroom to finish up on last -minute packing.After giving her his credit card number, he hung up, and closed the suitcase. Then he dialed Sonny’s number.“Hi, Sonny! It’s me, Rico,” he said as he was walking to the kitchen to look around for the last time.“Rico, nice to hear from you,” Sonny replied.“Is your offer still valid?” Rico wanted to know. He thought that Sonny sounded somehow... sad... tired... – He couldn’t tell exactly.“Sure,” Sonny answered. “But we must change our plans. Some bad things have happened here. We can’t go fishing.”“I need to go fishing, but not for fishes,” Rico contradicted. “Calderone is back, but I’ll tell you more after my arrival. It’s at eight p.m. tonight.”“I’ll call for you,” Sonny surprised replied.They both hung up, not knowing that their cases had a lot in common.Rico called a taxi and ordered the driver to hurry to the airport. But, when he arrived at the airport, naturally the gates were already closed as he was at least 20 minutes too late. You can’t count on traffic, especially not in New York.He flashed his badge at the gate, and managed to squeeze himself into his seat, just five minutes before the plane took off.During the flight, he had a look at Bonny’s file, hoping to understand things much better after he had learned all about the information in it. But when he set foot on Miami’s ground only three and a half hour later, he was more confused than before but that was only the beginning.For about an hour, Rico had been waiting in front of the airport, but Sonny didn’t come. Several times, he looked at his watch, being sure that something must have happened.Not far away, a taxi driver was watching him as he was standing there in the circle of light of a streetlamp. The woman’s corners of the mouth twitched. “Ricardo Tubbs,” she mumbled. “I never thought to meet you again.”A couple asked her for a ride and she helped the man to put the baggage into the trunk. What a pity that she had to leave now, and therefore never would find out what he was doing in Miami.When she returned half an hour later, Rico was still waiting at the airport, but raising his hand now to call for a taxi. She used the occasion, stopped in front of him, and let the window pane slid down.Rico bended forward and looked at the taxi driver. It was woman, black, almost grey – haired with hard lines around her mouth and wrinkles near her eyes. He was sure that she looked older than she, in fact, was.“Are you free?” he asked.“Get in,” the woman answered.Why does she seem so familiar to me? Rico thought while making himself comfortable on the backseat. He gave her Sonny’s address in the marina and while riding through the city, he tried to call Sonny for the umpteenth time. But Sonny didn’t pick up. Maybe he was in an action, had forgotten his mobile in his car or in his jacket, or the accumulator was empty.“Do you visit Miami for the first time, sir?” the taxi driver hypocritically asked with a look into the rear – view mirror. She knew that he was a policeman and that it wasn’t his first visit in the city.“No, I’ve been living here for five years, but it was long ago,” Rico replied. “Many things have changed since then.”“Oh, yes,” the taxi driver answered. “But Miami is still a good place for all kinds of businesses.”Eventually, they reached the marina. What luck that Rico knew where to go. After Sonny had bought the GLAMOUR DAYS, he had proudly told Rico about everything on the phone.. But now Rico realized that it was dark behind the windows.“Sonny?” he shouted as he stepped on the boat. Nobody answered, but the door was open and so Rico decided to wait inside.In the mean time, the taxi driver took her cell phone, dialed a number, and waited. She knew that she woke up the man on the other side of the line, but she was sure that he was very interested in her information.“It’s me, Nessy,” she said when someone picked up the phone. “You won’t believe it, but Ricardo Tubbs is here in Miami...” – “I’m sure! Believe me that I recognize him when I see him. I gave him a ride to the marina. The boat’s name is GLAMOUR DAYS,” she said while Rico made himself unsuspectingly comfortable on the couch in Sonny’s living – room.TBC...------Danni and Christine

6. ROMANTIC ENCOUNTERThe sun had set in Miami and at this time of night, the air is comfortably warm and so is the soft breeze. At the coast, the breeze is usually a little more intense than land inwards, as the wind is coming from the ocean, fresh and clean.On the “GLAMOUR DAYS” Sonny’s rebellious youngster had been twisting her plans back and forth about going to the Beach party or not. She hangs her wet bikini on the boat lines to dry as she walked around with a towel wrapped around her body. She had called her friend Ginger earlier to check if she was still in it for the party. Ginger had been shifting from yes to no dozens of times during this call, but eventually she chickened out and decided not to go. Even though, this was very discouraging, Danni finally decided that she really wanted to go to this party. Besides, her father is out working now, and God knows how late he will be back - if he’d be back tonight. Danni put on her newly bought dress, a coral red short dress with colorful flowers over it with a very sexy backline and a plunging neckline. The soft fabric perfectly covering her naturally mildly tanned skin. Good thing Sonny wasn’t around, he would have probably not approved this bit revealing dress. He didn’t even know that she’d bought it, but Danni liked it very much, especially because it made her look a bit older, which was very handy since she was supposed to look like a 21 years old. Also, she used a bit more make – up. After she was ready, she had a look into the mirror. She loved her look, but she was sure that her Dad got a heart attack if he saw her.Entering the party was no problem at all, one sweet smile got her through and she was now enjoying the view of gorgeous guys dancing around with the girls to Boom Boom Power from the Black Eyed Peas. Most of the guys were with uncovered torso or with the shirt open to expose their nice six-pack in the light of the Chinese lanterns everywhere around. The bases blended perfectly with the warm breeze and before she knew, Danni was moving to the beat, joining the cute guys in their dancing. She laughed when one guy came really close to her making unambiguous moves with his hips. She waved a kiss to him and turned around to tell him that she wasn’t interested in more than dancing. She glanced around, hoping to meet “Mr. Right’s” look. Danni had never been in love up till now, while Ginger was always in love with someone. As often as she fell in love, she called Danni disappointedly because the love was over, just as often.But it seemed as if “Mr. Right” wasn’t here tonight.After a couple of songs, she headed swinging for the bar to pick up a Mojito. Since the drinks on parties are ridiculously priced, she only had money for one drink, so she had to make sure it would last her through the night.She wanted to hand the bartender her money as a muscular black arm reached out from behind her and paid for her drink. She felt the warmth of someone’s body standing very close by her and she smelled a male mix of after shave and sweat. Danni turned around and came face to face with the sexiest guy she had ever laid her eyes on in her whole life. Slightly darkened skin, black hair, the greenest eyes she’d ever seen and a nice tall and muscular body to go with that. There were only a couple of inches between the both of them. She swallowed, felt her mind spinning around, and took a deep breath. “Thanks...” she smiled sweetly, while putting away her money and taking a little sip from her dink without taking her look off his eyes. Intuitively she moved up to stand on her toes and padded a soft kiss on his cheek. “Welcome...” he smiled back at her. He reached out his hand and waited for her to put her hand in it. She did. They walked away from the crowd and sat down in the sand to talk. “I’m Rick.” he introduced himself. “Hi Rick... my name’s Danni.” “I haven’t seen you here before, I would have noticed such a pretty woman... Are you from around here?” He easily started the conversation. “Thanks. Yeah, well, I’m from Miami. But it’s my first beach party, so you’re right there.” Danni answered and added “.. Just turned 21...”“Oh, really? Well congratulations. I’ve just turned 23. Maybe we should celebrate?” To Danni’s nod, he stood up and put both their drinks on the nearest table. He pulled Danni on her feet and led her to the dancing area. Usually, Rick didn’t have feelings like this for a young girl, for naturally he sensed that she must have been a lot younger than she claimed. But this one was special and it felt like he had known her all his life. They danced and chatted for many songs, they moved closer and closer, and started feeling closer and closer. Danni felt her heart beating very fast and she wished that the night would never end. It was so great to feel his arms wrapped around her, to smell his male scent, and to listen to his every word.But the disaster wasn’t far away! ------Danni and Christine

The thoughts in Sonny’s mind were spinning around as he drove to the marina. He was worried because of Maurice and also the fact that the gangsters, apparently, were always one step ahead of them.He parked the car on his reserved parking space, slammed the door, and walked quickly to the GLAMOUR DAYS. But from the far, he already saw that something wasn’t OK. It was 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday evening and he couldn’t imagine that Danni was already sleeping. She’d been angry about him, but that was no reason for her to go to bed early.A premonition spread out in his stomach. He stormed on the boat, crossed the living – room and opened Danni’s door. When he switched on the light he found his premonition confirmed.“Damned girl!” he railed and hit with his fist against the door that it crashed against the wall. Then he turned around and hurriedly left the boat while trying to call her on her cell phone. But she didn’t pick up.While racing through the city he thought about the little information he had eavesdropped. Danni had wanted to visit a beach – party. The greatest beach – party of the year. But where was the party?He could call Ginger, but he was sure that she wouldn’t betray her best friend. Nevertheless he tried it.Stan picked up the phone. In the background, the TV was running. Stan was watching the movie “Independence Day” and Sonny could hear the “Presidents” voice making the moving speech.“It’s me, Sonny. Sorry that I call that late. Can I speak to Gin?”“I’m sorry, but she’s sleeping. She didn’t feel well this evening. What’s happened?” Stan wanted to know.Sonny told Stan about the beach – party, but neither Stan nor his wife had any idea where the party could be celebrated.Again, Sonny apologized before he hung up and continued his senseless driving around. He stopped at several beach – parties and walked around in hope to see Danni.It was a coincidence that he ran into Sandy, one of Danni’s schoolmates as she was walking along the street. She was wearing a very short and tidy dress and Sonny thought that he would never allow Danni to wear something like this. Besides that, Sandy was as old as Danni and should also be at home at this time. He pulled over and called her, she came up to the driver’s side. “Sandy, you know where Danni is?” “No, haven’t seen her.” Sandy claimed, remembering the pact she had with her group of girlfriends. As she turned around to continue her walk home, Sonny took her by the arm quickly. “Think again, Sandy! Or do you want me to take you home and inform your parents where you’ve been hanging out?! I bet they won’t be very happy to see you dressed like this!”Sandy thought it through within 3 seconds and decided that she had better brake the pact than to get in a lot of trouble, it seemed that Danni would be in trouble anyway.“… The Full Moon party outside the DeLido Club on South Beach…” she admitted, already ashamed that she betrayed her friend. Without even a small “Thank you”, Sonny drove off, heading for South Beach. A few minutes later, he arrived at the party. Many guests had already left because it was almost four a.m. now. Sonny saw Danni immediately. She was on the dance floor in the arms of a black young man and between them there was not even space for a piece of paper. Her arms were lying around his neck and his right hand… Sonny took a deep breath when he watched as the guys hand touched deeper and deeper down Danni’s back. In his stomach, it started boiling as in a teapot. Without thinking about anything, he stormed forward. With his left arm he grabbed Danni and pushed her aside that she fell to the ground while his right fist tried to hit the black guys chin. But Rick had fantastic reflexes. He bended sideward’s, grabbed Sonny’s arm with his left hand and punched him on the jaw. It cracked in Sonny’s neck when his head was thrown backwards.Danni shouted, “NO! Stop it!”She got on her feet when Sonny ducked himself first aside and then used his head to ram it into Rick’s stomach. It felt as if he ran against a wall.“Who do you think you are, old man?” Rick grumbled.“My father, Rick! He’s my father!” Danni shouted as she threw herself between the fighters. “Stop it! PLEASE!” She pressed one hand against Sonny’s chest, the other hand against Rick’s chest and desperately looked from one to another.Sonny snorted and his eyes were beaming in rage. Then he grabbed Danni’s arm. “Let’s go home, Darling!” he ordered as he dragged her away.Danni kept turning around to have a look at Rick. He was so great! He was Mr. Right! She was absolutely sure about that! But she wasn’t so sure if he wanted to meet her again after that disaster.It was so embarrassing to be dragged through the alley of the other guests to the exit. She realized several faces of people she knew from school. On Monday, they would all speak about her. Have you heard that Danni Crockett was dragged home from the beach – party on Saturday by her father?She could hear them all talking over her and the thoughts about that increased her rage.Nevertheless, she was determined to meet Rick again!------Danni and Christine

• 2 weeks later...

7. AT VILLA MARGARITAThe Porsche Carrera stopped in front of the white villa with the fire – red roof. A tall, slim man got out of it and angrily he slammed the door. It was early in the morning... normally too early for him to get up, but his boss’s call woke him up.“Get your **** out of the bed and come here immediately,” Calderone had ordered. “I wanna see you in 15 minutes.” Then he slammed the receiver.Philippe Carter looked at his watch. It had taken twelve minutes to wash his face, comb his hair and to put his clothes on. He touched his unshaved chin and pulled faces because he hated it to forgo for the shower and to be unshaved.Without having a look at the fantastic garden with its roses, the blooming bushes, the spraying fountains, and the different stone figures, Philippe hurried to the front door.From the moment, Calderone had called, Philippe had thought about the reason for his boss’s anger, but he had no earthly idea why his boss had summoned him.The front door was opened before Carter could ring the doorbell. A young, pretty woman with black hair and hazelnut – brown eyes looked at him. She was dressed with a white blouse and a black skirt that reached to her knees.Philippe grinned. He was a good – looking man with blond hair and steel – blue eyes “Morning, Carmen,” he said friendly as he touched her left cheek “Do you know what has happened?”Carmen put her hand over his hand on her cheek. It was clear that they knew each other very well. “No, Phil,” she answered honestly. “I think he’s some problems with Vice.” She shrugged. “Normal stuff.”Together, they crossed the hall with its smoke – grey Italian marble tiles, and the very expensive pictures of well – known Columbian artists on the walls.“That can’t be the reason why he’d thrown me out of the bed,” Philippe contradicted. “What else has happened?”“Nothing special,” Carmen blubbered as they crossed the tastefully furnitured living – room of ballroom measurements. Carmen laughed. “Rick was out last night. He returned after dawn and reeled into his room. I think he has a hangover.” She touched Philippe’s left arm. “Will we meet tonight, Phil?”“I don’t know yet,” Philippe answered without looking at her.Philippe crossed the deck to join his boss who was having breakfast at the wooden table next to the giant pool while the whale of stone who was always spitting fresh water into the pool. From the table, Calderone had a fantastic view over his private beach and the ocean.Calderone looked at Philippe. The 59 years – old – man had a lot of similarity to his father and he did everything to look younger.. Every day, Fernando did his exercises, went jogging on the beach, cycled, swam for an hour in his pool, and lifted weights to stay fit. Therefore, he had still a muscular build. He colored his almost grey hair black and the beauty – surgeons earned their money by lifting his face.“You wanted to talk to me?” Philippe asked when reaching the table.Calderone’s almost black eyes angrily looked at him. “Didn’t you tell me that Tubbs is dead?”“He is dead,” Philippe answered confidently . “I lured him to the run – down house and...”Calderone threw a glass at him, but it only grazed Philippe’s left upper arm. “NO! He’s alive!” Calderone shouted. “I don’t know who you shot in New York, but it wasn’t Tubbs because Tubbs is here in Miami!”For a moment, Philippe grew stiff. “You must be mistaken! I’m sure that I shot Tubbs! He was alone! There wasn’t somebody else!”Calderone snorted like an angry bull. “It’s not me who’s mistaken, but you! I ordered you to kill that damned guy, Tubbs! So, if you want to get your money, go and do your job!!” Calderone was raging. With a quick and angry move he threw a knife at Philippe. It grazed his left cheek and got stuck shaking in a palm tree trunk. Philippe touched the bleeding cut at his cheek. He looked at his fingers and rubbed the blood between them, then he looked up to Calderone.“The next one gets stuck in your throat,” Calderone warned.Philippe swallowed. “Gimme a few days and he’s dead, “ he promised and turned around.“He’s staying in the marina. The boat’s name is GLAMOUR DAYS. Kill him before Thursday or you won’t live to see Friday!”. For a moment, Philippe hesitated, but then he collected himself and walked away, hurriedly crossed the deck. He saw Carmen who was awaiting him at the sliding glass – door of the living – room. She raised her hand to touch his cheek, but Philippe turned his head aside. “Let it be!” he groaned.“Let me have a look at the wound,” Carmen said, but Philippe didn’t pay attention to her. He crossed the house, slammed the front door, and a moment later, the Porsche raced along the drive – way with screeching tires, leaving nothing but a trail of smoke and the scent of burned rubber.Today, it was Sunday. So, he really had to hurry!------Danni and Christine

8. Rude awakeningRico sat straight up with a start. In the first moment he neither remembered where he was nor what woke him up. Then he heard the boat bobbing against the mooring and steps coming closer.I’m in Miami on Sonny’s boat, he thought. With a look at his watch he found out that it was 4:30 a.m. now. He had only slept for an hour or so, “Let go off my hand!” a female voice shouted angrily. “You’re hurting me, Dad!”“I should put you in chains!” Sonny snorted as he was dragging Danni along the mooring. He knew that he probably woke up all of his neighbors, but it didn’t matter to him. He was boiling with rage. “Did you have a look into the mirror before you left? You look like a hooker! And this… this thing you’re wearing…!”“I don’t look like a hooker!” Danni contradicted. “And my dress is great. Let go off my hand!”They reached the boat. Rico got up and bumped in the darkness into the wooden table. A candle holder of brass fell down and the steps stopped.Sonny whispered, “You stay here, Danni! Don’t move!”Danni nodded anxiously.Sonny pulled his gun and released the safety catch. He was angry, anyway, and a burglar was what just what this evening was missing. With a quick move he first opened the door that slammed against the wall, then he switched on the light and ducked stormed forward.“Sonny!” Rico shouted as he jumped behind the armchair. He had realized the gun and was afraid that Sonny shot him. “It’s me, Rico!”Sonny grew stiff and suddenly he remembered his promise. He took a deep breath. “Oh, Rico, I’m sorry! I forgot to call for you! – Danni, come in! It’s Rico!”Rico left his hiding and gave Sonny a hug while glancing at Danni. He noticed the short dress with the plunging neckline and he agreed with Sonny. He wouldn’t have allowed his daughter Alaina to wear something like this, either. Danni looked him up and down.” Hi.” She was curt. “And good night.”“We’re not finished,” Sonny grumbled, but Danni didn’t react on him. She walked to her room and slammed the door.Sonny raised his right forefinger. “Gimme a minute, Rico!”He followed Danni, also slammed the door and started shouting at Danni who was standing on the other side of the queen – sized bed. “You’re grounded for the next four weeks… NO, until Christmas!”“You can’t do that!” Danni also shouted. “I’m not your prisoner and I know what I’m doing!”Sonny snorted. “Oh, I’ve seen that! You were meddling around with that guy!”Indignantly, Danni put her hands at her waist. Her blue eyes were beaming in rage. “I didn’t meddle around with him! We were only dancing!”“You call this dancing!” Sonny was raging at a boiling point. “We’ve already arrested people for making moves like this in the public!”Danni snorted as she passed Sonny hurriedly and wanted to leave the room, but Sonny’s hand shot forward and clinched her right arm. “Where do you think you’re going?”Danni tore away her arm. “Into the bathroom. Now will you let go of me or do you want to hold my hand while I’m in there?!”Sonny let her go and Danni slammed the bathroom door. She turned the key with a loud noise.Rico looked at Sonny. He sighed, knowing that his stay on the boat wouldn’t be very comfortable.After a few, restless hours, thanks to Sonny and Danni and their continuing loud arguments, Rico was wakened by the seabirds. A sound he hadn’t heard for a long time. Sure, New York has birds that are happily humming their tune in the morning, but New York traffic always partly muted it. This was totally different, almost relaxing, in some way.His arguing friend and his daughter were still fast asleep, he almost felled like he owned the luxurious sailboat. Quietly he moved up the deck, to breathe in the fresh air for a while. The sun was rising, the first daylights peaking in, spraying a beautiful golden color over the ocean. After about ten minutes of total relaxation, he returned to the real world and lowered himself down the steps to get into the kitchen and brew some fresh coffee. With his feet up the table, he read yesterdays newspaper, while waiting for the coffee to finish. “Hi there, pal…” Sounded from behind the newspaper. Rico lowered one arm, making the newspaper partly fold as he looked over it to his friend.“Hi there, partner. The smell drew you in here?” Rico asked as he folded the newspaper and put in on the table and visually smelled the scent of coffee.“Yeah, I can smell those stinky feet a mile away…” Sonny smirked. Rico pulled his long legs off the table and smirked back.“Where’s curly?” Rico poured his friend a cup of coffee and put the mug in front of Sonny.“Asleep. It got pretty late last night.” “Yeah, I noticed…” Rico interrupted him. Sonny rose a brow and continued. “She won’t be up too early, don’t worry. We still have some time before the chatterbox kicks in.”They laughed and talked over coffee. Picking up a few valuable memories.Somewhat further in the ocean, laid a small sailboat, rocking gently on the waves. The blond man twisted the knobs of his standard, pulling out it’s three legs all the way and locking them. Carefully, he placed a large telescope on the stand. After some twitching and sharpening the view, he started to search his target. “SAILOR MOON…hmmm” He mumbled. “ENTERPRISE 47, nope….”. He slid the view further to the left. “WHOLESAIL… damn, where is it?!!” Then he shifted the view over to the right, passing the ENTERPRISE 47 again, and aah, there it was… ! Gotcha!A big grin spread out over Philippe’s face. He was sure that Calderone would be very satisfied when he had finished. The blond man glanced over his shoulder to the bazooka that was lying on the bench. This baby would help him to become a rich man.Rico told Sonny what had happened in New York while drinking a cup of coffee.“I feel very sorry because of Valerie. I had liked her. So, you’re solo again?” Sonny asked and lit a cigarette.“We were only partners,” Rico made clear. He drank a sip of coffee and thoughtfully looked at the column of smoke that was I rising into the air from Sonny’s cigarette. “After her last event here in Miami I saw clearly that we never could become a couple again, but it was great to work with her.”Sonny sucked at the cigarette and while the smoke slowly left his mouth he asked,”And you think that guy, Fernando Calderone, is to blame for Val’s death?”Rico nodded. “For Val’s death and also for Bonny’s death. The longer I think about it the more I’m convinced that Calderone had wanted to kill me.” Rico unbelievably shook his head. “ Isn’t it odd that a guy of the same family as in the past is responsible for my flight to Miami? – 25 years after my first trip to this city?”Sonny flicked the ash into the glass ashtray on the table. “What are your plans?”Rico emptied the cup and thoughtfully looked out of the window. Sonny’s neighbors had woke up and Rico couldn’t turn his look from a dark – haired woman in a lemon – green bikini. But then he tore himself away and looked at Sonny again. “First I need to hire a car to be independent. Then I want to have a look at Calderone’s home. Maybe, I can do business with him… as Richard Taylor or Ricardo Cooper.” He grinned from one ear to another when a sudden idea came to his mind. Rico bended forward and looked urgently at Sonny. “All Calderone’s, except from Angelina, were drug dealers and murderers. So, he’s a case for Vice. Let’s work together as in the past and catch that damned guy!”Sonny sighed. “I’m sorry, Rico, but I can’t. We’re hunting for a murderer, Philippe Carter, who, probably, was also responsible for the bomb that injured Maurice, Billy’s partner.” Rico also sighed, but he nodded because he could understand Sonny. The good sense must come with the rank, Rico figured, Sonny was sounding just like Castillo…When his old partner offered him a few minutes later to take him to a car rental, Rico agreed. It was good that none of them knew that it was going to be a very hot day.------Danni and Christine

9. DECISIONS AND BLOWSShe had been tossing and turning. The man of her dreams, her one and only Mr. Right… he was definitely it! Danni couldn’t stop thinking about Rick for one minute. Every now and then she dozed off and felt his warmth again, but when she had to turn over in her sleep, she realized the comfortable warmth was coming only from her blanket.How could she possible meet him ever again? If he would even want to see her again and didn’t get turned off by her getting dragged away by her father. How embarrassing had that been. He’d probably think of her as just a kid now. No! He couldn’t be! It felt so right. And besides, he did try to protect her, right? That really must mean that he truly likes her!In her head, she ran through the list of friends that had been at the party. Which one of them might possibly know Rick? Angelica? - Maybe. She had greeted Rick as though she knew him already. Danni dialed Angelica’s number. She spoke quietly and continuously looked at her door. She hoped that her father didn’t walk pass her door and eavesdropped her. She knew that he was still angry, but she had no idea what he would do if he found out about her plans. “No sorry, hon. I know his name is Rick, but that’s it. No address or phone number… Hey, but you could try my cousin Trinity. She dated him once or twice…” Angelica gave Danni Trinity’s number.She hesitated to call the woman for over 10 minutes. Trinity was a 29 years old gorgeous dark blond haired woman, with Latino backgrounds, as proven by her sensually moving hips, as Danni recalled seeing her dance. This girl was probably much more Rick – material then she. When she finally collected herself, she called her. “ Oh, hi Danni. How are you?” Trinity asked. Danni was surprised Trinity even knew who she was, until she said “And how’s your cute dad doing?” Ah!! Trinity with her dad? My God! Why? When? What a dirty old man she had… What a nice example was he setting.“ You got Rick’s address for me?” Danni grumbled a bit irritated, but trying to keep it nice at the same time. Yes! She got it!Danni wrote the address down on a yellow sticky note, from her desk.------Danni and Christine

Rico couldn’t believe it, but he was really sitting in a Cadillac Coupé de Ville Convertible. It wasn’t blue like the one he had owned in the past, but black. Nevertheless, he felt himself taken back to the time when he was working as a policeman on Miami’s streets.He had opened the hood, felt the wind blowing around his nose, and listened to Tina Turner’s song “We Don’t Need Another Hero”, one of her famous songs from the 80’s, while driving along the expressway.He thought about what to do when he arrived. He hadn’t really a plan, but only a few ideas and the best idea was to get close to Calderone as Ricardo Cooper. It was long ago that he had used that name.Eventually, he arrived at the street where Calderone was living. It was a posh and quiet avenue with big, old oaks, beeches, and walnut trees. Big, white walls prevented the wealthy inhabitants of the looks of curious people. Cameras were installed on the top of the walls and on the left and right of the gates.Rico stopped the car opposite of Calderone’s gate. A good –looking woman in black hot pants and a tight turquoise top walked two Great Danes. A white Lamborghini drove slowly along the street and the driver curiously turned his head to look at Rico. Strangers were always suspicious.Then the Lamborghini vanished through a gate in the brick wall that opened silent, as if it was magic.Suddenly, Rico realized something unbelievably, but the same time he was distracted by the radio host who interrupted the program for a message. Someone had fired a bazooka in the marina and several boats had exploded. It was supposed that many people died. The fire brigade was already there. They tried to extinguish the fires and the divers were searching for bodies.Rico took a deep breath. Sonny had wanted to return to the marina because he’d found out that he had forgotten his cell phone on the GLAMOUR DAYS.“I don’t know how we could live without cell phones in the past,” he had ironically admitted before Rico left the car at the car rental.Rico started the engine and raced along the avenue with high speed. A feeling in the stomach told him that it was an attack on Sonny. “Oh, my God, please, let me be mistaken!” he prayed in fear.------Danni and Christine

10. Everything up in smokeRico drove himself to the marina with a brick in the stomach. Hoping, that he was wrong and that the bazooka bullet didn’t destroyed the GLAMOUR DAYS, and praying to God that everything would be all right when he arrived.When Rico arrived at the marina, he immediately noticed Sonny’s car in his reserved parking spot, meaning Sonny was at the boat!! He pulled up next to this car and stormed over the mouring heading for the GLAMOUR DAYS. “Sonny!!” Rico shouted while he was running. Oh, God, please… Then he discovered him and he ran faster to reach his friend. “Sonny!!” Rico called him when he got close to him. He stretched his right arm, grabbed Sonny’s arm and clinched it to stop his friend.Sonny turned to his friend. His face was as white as a fresh colored wall. “Danni…” was all he could say. “DANNI!!!” Sonny shouted again, in vain.“Sonny!!…” Sonny didn’t listen. He only tried to get his arm free and couldn’t turn his look from the big columns of black smoke that were rising into the sky.Rico grabbed Sonny by both arms and shook him, to get through to him and get his attention. When Sonny finally looked Rico in the face, Rico said “She’s not on the boat, Sonny. She’s not in there! I saw her walking near Calderone’s house. She’s OK, man. Danni is OK.” Sonny looked at him with puzzled eyes. “She’s not on the boat?!” Sonny refrased, to check if he heard this correctly. “Danni is OK, Sonny, she’s OK.” Rico briefly repeated, but intensely hugged his friend. Sonny needed a few seconds to come to his senses, as he was convinced his daughter was dead, only one minute ago. --- TBC Chap 10, part II, coming up tomorrow ---------Danni and Christine

It felt like his whole life had went up in smoke with this boat, it represented his beeing, his way of living and his independence. All gone.Sonny lit a cigarette and after a couple of puffs, he asked Rico “So you were at Calderone’s place?” “Not at his place yet, I pulled up when I found out about the explosion and turned right around to check on you.” Rico sighed.“Yes, but why were you going there? We had agreed we couldn’t work on this one together… Trying to get yourself killed here, pal?”“You have any idea who Danni could know in that street? I was really surpised to see her there. Didn´t you tell her that she´s grounded?” Rico answered, ignoring Sonny’s remark.Sonny snorted, but didn´t answer. It had always been hard for him to understand his girl’s thoughts, but now he had no earthlyidea what´s going on in her mind.A firefighter passed them, holding a list in his hands.“Sir, excuse me,” Sonny said.The firefighter turned around and looked Rico and Sonny up and down. “Yes?”“I’m the owner of the GLAMOUR DAYS. Can you tell me if it’s completely destroyed or if there’s anything left?”The firefighter had a look at his list before he shook his head. He waved the list. “Sir, I think you’ve got luck. This is a list of all the boats that were damaged or destroyed, but a boat named GLAMOUR DAYS isn’t on it. Are you sure that it isn’t the GLORIOUS DAYS?”“I know the name of the place where I’m living, man.”A big grin spread over the firefighter’s face. “As I told you, sir, this is your lucky day!” He continued walking.“What are we gonna do now?” Sonny asked. Rico grinned. “I think you want go after your hardheaded daughter and I urgently want to talk to one of our old friends. I’m determined to do business with Calderone and I know someone who can help me getting closer to the man.”---- Chapter 11 following tomorrow!! Stay tuned ----------Danni and Christine

11. TENSIONS“Yes, man, I had a lot of luck,” Sonny told the firefighter, who, of course, couldn´t know that Sonny was talking about more than only the boat.Then he and Rico walked to their cars. On one hand, it wasn´t allowed to go closer to the mourings where several boats still were burning and where sometimes things exploded. On the other hand, Sonny urgently wanted to drive to the street where Rico had seen Danni.“She must know someone who lives there, “ Rico said while hurrying with Sonny to the parking lot. “A schoolmate? A close friend?”“In Biscayne Bay?” Sonny tapped his forehead to Rico. “You must be joking, pal. Only millionaires are living in Biscayne Bay. Do I look like someone who´s hanging around with millionaires?”Seriously, Rico looked at his old friend. “Burnett and Cooper did.”They arrived at their side by side parking cars. Sonny looked over his car´s roof to Rico. “Rico, read my lips!” he ordered as he put his right forefinger to his mouth. “We can´t work together on your case. Vice is hunting for a drug dealer and murderer, Philippe Carter. I´m sorry!”Rico nodded disappointingly. In the past, Sonny would never have turned down his request for support. But, obvioulsly, things had changed.“We´ll meet tonight,” Rico curtly told, got into the car, started the engine, and slammed in the reverse gear. He didn´t pay attention on Sonny any more. With screeching tyres he left the parking lot.Sonny´s look followed him. He felt sorry for his friend, but what should he do? He had a lot on his plate: The hunt for the murderer and drug dealer, Philippe Carter, and for the bomber, Marlon Carter, who´d tried to blow Maurice into pieces, the worry about Maurice, who´s life was still in danger, and about Billy, who´d told him that he was determined to catch Marlon Carter, and, of course, the worry and anger about his naughty daughter, Danni.Sonny sighed as he also got into the car.---- Chapter 11 part II coming up tomorrow ----------Danni and Christine

Rico thought about Izzy while driving through the streets of Miami. It was better to think about him and not about Sonny. Besides that, Izzy was the man who could help him with his plans because Rico was sure that Izzy had connections to Fernando Calderone. It was the only logical reason why he´d seen Izzy leaving Calderone´s propperty.As Rico didn´t know where Izzy had rented the Porsche (until today he didn´t even know that Izzy was owning a driver´s license), he decided to drive to the place where Izzy´d been living in the 80´s. Maybe, he had luck and the man was still living there.Rico parked the car at the side of the street, opposite of the house. He left the car and while crossing the road, he realized two things at the same time: Izzy, who was coming along the street and searching for his keys in his pockets, and the black Van with the black panes. Its driver throttled the engine, the side door was openend, and Rico realized a gun´s muzzle.“Izzy, look out!” Rico shouted as he stormed forward. Izzy amazingly turned around, discovered the Van and the gun, and then someone grabbed him and pushed him behind a grey – colored Pick – up. The first soots rang out and the panes above Izzy bursted with a high tone. Splinters of glass were raining down on Izzy who squatted at the ground, protecting his head with his arms.Rico pulled the gun, released the safety catch with a quick move, and jumped to the Pick – up´s back weels. He fired at the Van and squeezed himself against the vehicle when the gangsters returned fire. A bullet bounced off the Pick – up next to his right arm and buzzed away. It hit a window pane and Rico heard a woman yelling. He hoped that she wasn´t injured, but only startled. He shot again, heard the Van´s panes bursting, but then it disappeared.Rico sighed in relief and so did Izzy. The men looked at each other. Izzy shook his head and admitted,” Unbelievable! I know that I´ve got a guardian angel, but I´d never expected that it looks like Ricardo Tubbs.”“ I am Ricardo Tubbs and you owe me some answers, Moreno.”Izzy got up, wiped over his trousers and answered,” I suspect that Marlon Carter had sent greetings to me.”Rico remebered that he had heard the name, Carter, before. Sonny used it, but the man he was searching for was named Philippe Carter. He pushed away the thought about the Carter´s and concentrated on Izzy.“You´ve got nice friends, Izzy.” Rico put his left hand on Izzy´s right shoulder. “One of them is Fernando Calderone.”Izzy squinted and stopped breathing for a moment. “How do you know that?”Rico smiled at him. “I saw you leaving Calderone´s propperty.” Rico laid his arm around Izzy´s shoulders as if they were best friends. “ He smiled irrisistingly at Izzy. “I saved your life and you help Ricardo Cooper getting closer to Calderone.”Izzy grinned. “Cooper, he? I understand, man, but I think that I need more protection.”“Let´s talk about it,” Rico suggested.Sonny drove to Biscayne Bay, even though he was sure that it was in vain. In the meantime, Danni had already arrived her destination. But where did she want to go?Sonny turned into the street of the posh area. He drove slowly while always looking to the left and the right. A silver shining Harley Davidson passed him and a moment later a snow fire red Ferrari. A private helicopter was coming in to land in someone´s garden.Sonny drove the street up and down, asking himself to whom she had wanted to go. He stopped at the side of the street thinking about what to do. He lit a cigarette and took several deep puffs.The man walked quickly to Calderone´s office. He knocked at the door and walked in after Calderone had told him to do so “I thought you´d like to know about it, Lieutenant Sonny Crockett is here. He´s sitting in his car on the other side of the street,” he told his boss.Fernando Calderone looked up to him. “Crockett?” he asked surprised. “ You´re sure?”The man nodded.Calderone thought about what to do. “Watch him and tell me about every move he makes. There must be a reason for his appearance.”“OK,” the man answered and hurriedly left the office.Sonny flicked the rest of his cigarette out of the window. He could wait for Danni to leave the villa where she was staying now or he could talk in plain language with her after she returned to the GLAMOUR DAYS.Sonny started the engine when his mobile started ringing. He took it out of the pocket. “Crockett?“It´s me, Trudy,” a familiar voice said. “We´ve investigated the tracks in Marlon Carter´s house. I think you´ll be surprised about the results.”

12. LIVE TO SEE THE DAYThis was Billy’s 3rd visit to his injured friend at the hospital over the last 24 hours. He had been trying to find a lead to the person responsible for Maurice’s injuries. Up till now, he didn’t have any idea and had been touching in the dark for it.Maurice had been balancing on the edge of life and some moments it was very difficult to believe he would live to see the light of day. Early in the evening, during Billy’s earlier visit, Maurice had finally opened up his eyes. Just a few minutes after that he found strength to speak to his friend. “Billy… are we …. dead?” Billy was very happy to hear his voice, finally. “No man… far from it…” Billy gave Maurice a sip of water, through a straw and Maurice managed to suck a little water in. A couple of hours after that, Trudy walked into the room and stood by the edge of the bed, leaning over the rim. “Hey, you…” She smiled at Maurice. “You are doing great, I can tell said!” Billy walked in shortly after that, just as Maurice“Yeah, keep ‘m cool at the office, will you? I can’t wait to get on everybody’s nerves again, when I get back…” Billy and Trudy both laughed. They chatted for a little while.“Billy, you got a minute?” Trudy asked him as she winked him out of the room.They walked into the hallway and Trudy pulled the door shut behind her.“I got the report on the case today and I´ve told your father about the results already. There were a couple of leads found in the Carter house. My team is quite sure that it was Marlon Carter himself who planted the bomb. I can’t believe that, it doesn’t make sense! But they are very sure.”Trudy said while making her story lively with moving hands throughout the speech. She didn’t want to talk about this in front of Maurice because he needed his rest.“Marlon Carter planted the bomb himself?” Billy asked with a confused look. “Why would he do that?” He shrugged.“Well, I have been thinking about that and for me the only logical reason, is that he was expecting company. So either somebody snitched on you guys or my team is mistaking, which is also hard to believe. Awkward situation…” Trudy opened her purse and pushed a file into Billy’s hands. “It’s a copy of my file, but you don’t have this from me! Make sure your father gets this, OK? He’s waiting for it. I am very curious about his findings on this one.”They said goodbye and Billy got back into the room. He grinned at Maurice. “he, pal, I´m glad that you´re back in the world, but while you´re having a rest and joking around with the good – looking nurses, I´ve to work. See you.””He, Billy,” Maurice´s voice reached Billy when he was at the door.Billy turned around. “Yeah?”“If I had the choice, I would forgo for the nice nurses and come with you to kick Carter in the butt.”“Believe me, pal, I´ll do that for you!” Billy answered before he left.

13. SOME THINGS DON’T ADD UPBilly headed for the office downtown, he threw the file on the passenger’s seat and started the engine of his blue convertible Porsche 911. His old man had gotten him one hell of a confiscated vehicle to back up on his cover. Like no other, Sonny understood the needs of a detective in his beginning thirties. And the car was a girl magnate too, like just now, when he had to stop for a traffic light, he got all the attention from two gorgeous blond women, in their sexy bikinis. He loved it and smiled at them.When he pushed the door open and walked into the department’s office, Trudy was already at her desk, well Stan’s desk that used to be hers, actually. Stan was sitting on the desk and they we’re just talking about the facts on Marlon Carter. “Why would he plant the bomb himself. Really? Mabye he was like Jackyll and Hyde, one wanting to kill the other.” Stan laughed.“Can’t you just be serious for a second?” Billy ridiculed him. Gina just walked into the office as well, with a file in her hands, which she slammed on the table as she claimed “Unbelievable!!”She got everyone’s attention. “Marlon Carter. He took the shot at the boat in the Marina. Doesn’t this guy have anything better to do?!” Trudy had already informed Gina earlier.“I am getting a bit of an awkward feeling about this.” Gina continued. “He planted the bomb when you and Maurice got to his house, right? And he also took a shot at a boat called the GLORIOUS DAYS in the marina, just a couple of feet away from your dad’s boat the GLAMOUR DAYS… Don’t you think that’s a bit too coincidental?” “I don’t believe in coincidences.” Billy answered. “Maybe he was after my father. Maybe he thought that my father was coming to his house? And when he didn’t get him, but Maurice, he had to try again and took a shot at the wrong boat.”“But, wouldn’t that be very stupid? To make two of this kind of mistakes in a row? I don’t buy it.” Stan added, and he was serious.“Well, that is true. Or maybe his employer – if he has one- told him the wrong name and he did his job perfectly well?” Trudy stated.“Let’s presume that he’s doing this for himself, for a minute. Does he have any link to Sonny. Did Sonny ever arrest him or worked against him?” Gina figured.“No, I can’t recall anything that had even had slightly to do with Marlon Carter.” Stan concluded.“Well, then let’s presume he IS working for someone. Then who could be employing him?” Billy lit a cigarette, sat himself down on the edge of the desk and continued. “You know what I don’t understand. Marlon is into the party powder business very seriously. He had just recently lost a shipment. So I don’t understand why he is suddenly killing people. Some things just don’t quit add up here!”Then Sonny’s phone rang, after 5 rings, the call was diverted to the team’s extension.“Crockett” Billy answered as he picked up. “Yes, Lieutenant Crockett, indeed.” He said with a grin on his face. Trudy crooked her head and rolled her eyes.Oh, he had done this a million times before. Sonny found out occasionally, off course, and scolded him for it. But it was just too tempting, every time. As he was listening to the story his face turned serious and puzzled. “Thank you” he said, and hung up the phone. He kept quiet for a couple of seconds, took a few puffs from his cigarette, while thinking the facts through. Untill Trudy couldn’t stand it no more. “And??” she said impatiently.“It was homicide … with a rather surprising piece of information. They have found the remainders of a body on the boat called the “GLORIOUS DAYS” … turned out to be Marlon Carter …”------Danni and Christine

14. MEETINGS AND APPOINTMENTS Danni was very happy. While running along the street in this posh area, she´d asked herself several times what the hell she was doing here. Rick was 23 and, in fact, she was sure that he didn´t want to have anything more to do with her. Not after the embarrassing meeting with her father! Besides that, he seemed to be the son of wealthy parents while she was only a Lieutenant´s daughter.But then Rick left his familie´s propperty in a black Ferrari by accident. He discovered Danni, stopped, and after they´d changed some polite words, she got in the car.They drove around and talked. Danni apologized for her father´s behavior. “I´m his only daughter and sometimes he forgets that I´m not a baby,” she said.Rick smiled at her. “But you aren´t 21 either. Be honest!”Danni lowered her head and sighed. “You´re right,” she admitted. “I´m sixteen. You think I´m too young?”Rick squinted at her. “For what?” he asked.Danni showed him her most irrisistable smile. “For you!”Rick´s mobile started ringing as he grinned at her. “You´re a cute girl, Danni, but I don´t think that your father agrees.”Danni waved her right hand. “Forget my father! His opinion doesn´t matter to me, Rick.”Rick picked up the phone.The speech was short, but after he´d hung up he turned the car round. “I need to drive home. Can I give you a ride home first?”Danni shook her head. She was afraid that her father could catch her with Rick again. Therefore, she thought that it was better to ride by bus. “No, thanks,” she answered.Sonny had just decided to drive to the office. There he would meet Billy. Trudy had told him on the phone that she would try to catch Billy in the hospital and give him the file for Sonny. But shortly before he turned the key to start the engine, he saw the black Ferrari coming along the street. The car stopped and Danni got out of it after kissing the person behind the steering wheel. In that moment Sonny knew who was living here: Rick!Without thinking about it, Sonny jumped out of the car. Danni discovered him and grew stiff while Rick was also getting out of the car.“Dad!” Danni said. “What are you doing here?”Sonny grabbed Danni´s arm. “Let´s go home!”“Sir?” Rick shouted.Sonny turned half around and pointed at Rick. “Shut up! Do you know that she´s only sixteen?”Danni tried to get her arm free. “He knows about it! Let go off my arm, Dad!”“Sir?” Rick repeated and ran around the car, but Sonny didn´t react. He dragged Danni to his car, opened the front seat passenger´s door and pushed Danni into the car. When he slammed the door, Rick reached him. “Keep your hands off my daughter!” Sonny warned. “It doesn´t matter to me if your Dad is a wealthy and influential man. If you lay as much as one finger on my daughter, I will make sure to put you away for a long and lonely vacation. Do you understand me, pal?”Sonny didn´t wait for the answer, but ran to the driver´s seat, got into the car, and started the engine. Rick´s unbelievable look followed him when he drove away with screeching tyres.Calderone´s man grinned from one ear to another. He´d been sitting in the observing – room, watching Sonny through the screen that was connected to the camera. “What a surprise,” he mumbled. “Rick has a thing with Sonny Crckett´s daughter. Mr. Calderone will be pleased to hear about that.”Hurriedly, he left the room, walked to Calderone´s office and walked in after Calderone had told him to do so. He told his boss about the things he had learned about. Calderone smiled. “That opens up absolutely new possibilities,” he said.---- Chapter 14 Part II coming up tomorrow ----------Danni and Christine

• 2 weeks later...

Rico looked around in Izzy´s apartment. As he had thought, only little things had changed until the 80´s. “Can I get you something to drink?” Izzy asked.Rico thanked him, but turned the offer down. Rico sat down on the couch, Izzy took the armchair. Then Rico immediately got to the point. “Fernando Calderone, how much do you have to do with him?”Izzy took off his glasses, breathed at them and cleaned them with his shirt. “I´m one of his negociators,” he claimed.Rico laughed. “You´re a negociator? You´re joking?”Izzy put the glasses back on his nose. “I´m not joking. Mr. Caldeone buys and sells… things and I´v got a customer who wants to buy things.”“Did you also negociate for that guy you´ve mentioned? – Marlon Carter?” Rico wanted to know.Izzy said nothing. He stared out of the window to the busy street. H wasn´t sure if it was smart to tell Rico too many.“Izzy, talk to me!” Rico ordered.Izzy sighed before he told,” Carter was working for Calderone before he decded to do his own business, but you know it´s expensive to become self – employed. So, he borrowed some of Calderone´s favorite kilos of cocaine to sell it on the streets. I think some of the hokers he knows wanted to help him. And then the coast guad caught Carter´s boat, but the cocaine inside wasn´t Carter´s, but Calderone´s.”“Let´s talk about Calderone. You help me getting closer to him.”Again, Izzy said nothing and stared out of the window. Calderone was a dangerous man who didn´t shrink from anything. When Calderone found out that he had helped a policeman… Izzy didn´t want to think bout it. If that happened, he could be glad if Calderone ordered his men only to shoot a hole in his head.“Izzy, I must get closer to him. He´s the suspected murderer of two women in New Yok and, probably, more people here in Miami.” Rico smiled at Izzy. “You know me, pal. You help me and I protect you.”Izzy sighed, looked at Rico, and asked, “What do you want me to do?”“I´m Ricardo Cooper from New York who´d come to the great city of Miami to buy 100 pounds of nice, snow white nose powder. Call him! Tell him, that I´ve heard that he´s a reliable, honest partner and get me an appointment. But tell him alo that I return to New York on Friday.”Izzy was very excited when he dialed Calderone´s number. His fingers were shaking and there was sweat on his forehead he wiped away with a white handkerchied. He swallowed hard when Calderone picked up the phone.Then he took a deep breath and told the man the story about Ricardo Cooper. After a few minutes he hung up, smiled at Rico and told,” Your appointment is tomorrow. By noon in Calderone´s villa.”Rico got up, tapped Izzy on the shoulder, and left. He was very confident.------Danni and Christine

15. THE MISSING LINKStill very annoyed after the capture of his escaped girl, Sonny parked the car at the office and took his daughter inside. He wouldn’t let her out of his sight any more, he had promised himself. No idea how the hell that was supposed to be working out, if he would have to car chase a killer with Danni on his tail. Oh well, we’ll see about that then, he thought.He pushed the door open to find his team and plus members, like Trudy, heavily discussing the file he was anxious to read: Trudy’s report on the bombing by Marlon Carter. Danni followed him with just as an annoyed expression on her face as her dad.“Well, well, well.“ Billy said “Look who’s gotten herself arrested.” He kidded his sister. “Oh, shut up!!” Danni scowled at him. But only for half a second, until Sonny gave her the eye. She closed her mouth and took a seat and tried to make herself unnoticeable. Sonny winked everybody into the meeting room to discuss all the details of this weird case.“OK. Let’s have it.” Sonny said and sat down at the head of the table.“Marlon Carter planted the bomb at his own house that had injured Maurice, and he also took a shot at a boat close to yours: GLORIOUS DAYS. And now just a few minutes ago, we got a call from homicide that they found remainders of a body near the destroyed GLORIOUS DAYS that turned out to be Marlon Carter as well. Trudy’s colleagues are working there right now.” “This guy sure likes to star a lot of roles in his own play.” Billy thought out loud.“So how can this guy have been shot by himself and place his body in the boat he had destroyed himself?” Stan asked the crew.Sonny rubbed his ever stubbled chin and sighed. “Is it absolutely positive that it was Marlon Carter’s body they found?” he wondered.“Yes” Trudy confidently answered. “My team identified him by the teeth. It was a 100% positive match.” “And he had a bullet in him?” Sonny continued. Trudy shoved her chair backwards and took her laptop out of her bag next to it. Everybody was anxious to find out what on earth she was checking. After about 2 minutes she turned her laptop around and everybody drew a disgusted face. It was not a pretty sight, the pictures that homicide had e-mailed Trudy as a start on their forensic investigation, (which clearly showed a black-torched something, that vaguely resembled the form of a face. Trudy concluded “Have you seen the ‘bullet’? This was the work of a bazooka. If it would have hit him directly, we would never have found out it was him, he’d be all over the place. But we´re sure that he was killed by explosion caused by the ammo that had hit the GLORIOUS DAYS. ““He left traces on that other boat of which he took the shot at the GLORIOUS DAYS, but is your team sure that those traces were produced at the time of shooting?” Sonny questioned.“Yes, that was also a 100% positive match.” Trudy claimed. “And the prints were also and especially on the gun that has been matched for the murder weapon. It really puzzles me.” Trudy turned her laptop around again and started to search for the pictures and references on the murder weapon. “So, his body was matched by dental records and his prints were identified on the murder weapon. Clearly, one of them had to belong to another man…. But whose are they?”Sonny instructed Gina to check the digital archives to have a look at these prints for herself and match them to 5 other names that Sonny had given her. In addition, she was to check the Elaine Hemingway file, the girl that had OD’ed a couple of days ago. Gina got back to Sonny within only 20 minutes.“You were right.” She stated. “The Philip Carter prints in the Hemmingway file are identical to the Marlon Carter prints in the shooting the GLORIOUS DAYS file. So, the prints have been swapped in our system after the Hemmingway murder.” “We have a mole…” Sonny concluded.------Danni and Christine

16. A CONNECTION TO CALDERONEConfidently, Rico left Izzy. On the way, he stopped at a Chinese restaurant, bought vegetarian spring rolls and a mixed salad, and returned to the marina. He had no idea how to manage the deal with Calderone without support, but until now he´d always succeeded. Probaby, their meeting tomorrow wasn´t more than a preliminary where hey talked about amounts and conditions.Shortly, before he arrived at the marina, his mobile started ringing. With a look at the display, he realized that it was Sue Rowland from the Crime Lab in New York.“Tubbs,” he said. “Hi, Sue.”“Hi Rico,” Sue answered. “How´re you doing?”“So far, very well. It´s hot in Miami,” Rico replied, but he didn´t only talk about the weather, but about the other things that had happened. “How´re you doing?”“I´ve got a lot of work to do, but I think that you´re interested in some special results…” Sue hesitated. Rio knew that she broke an important rule when giving him, a private eye, information. She could lost her job because of ths. “Sue, you know that I never betray you,” Rico said in hope to make her speak. “It´s about Bonny, right?”Sue sighed. “Yes. We didn´t find the murder weapon, but we´re sure that it´s a bowie – knife.”“What about fingerprints?” Rico wanted to know.“No fingerprints at the scene of crime. Probably, he´d been wearing gloves, but I assume that Bonny tried to fend him off. The right hand´s glove ruptured at the little finger, but the murderer didn´t notice it. Therefore, he left a wonderful fingrprint at the underside of the door handle…”“OK, Sue, don´t keep me on tenterhooks. Do you have a name or not?”Sue giggled. Freddy Johnson, Rico´s old colleague from the Homicide Division had told sometimes that Sue was in love with Rico, but Rico couldn´t believe it.“OK, Rico, stay calm. His name is Philippe Carter. Once he was tried for murder, twice for drug dealing, and once for aggravated assualt, but he was never condemned because of too little evidences and because someone who´d stood bail for him.”Rico parked the Caddy and switched off the engine. “Philippe Carter?” he repeated. “You´re sure?”“I am sure.”The firefighters were still working and he watched several people carrying recovered evidences to a Lab´s car. He wasn´t sure if he could go to the GLAMOUR DAYS.“Do you know who stood bail for him, Sue?” Rico wanted to know.“Um… yes, his name was Fernando Calderone.”Rico thanked her and hung up. “Calderone!” he grumbled. “That name seals on me like a bubble gum.”Then he left the car with the paper bag of the Chinese restaurant in his right hand. Behind him a taxi stopped. Someone got out of it and he heard a man shouting, “Oh, my God, what has happed?”Rico turned around and discovered a man in his sixties who was with a woman half his age. Rico didn´t think that she was his daughter.Then he walked to the GLAMOUR DAYS and watched the police divers who recovered another evidence. Then he disppaeared into the boat.The taxi driver´s look followed him when he walked to the boat. Then the woman took her mobile and dialed a number. “It´s me, Nessy. Didn´t you tell me that Tubbs is history?” – “No, he isn´t. I´m in the marina and I´ve seen him a moment before I´ve called you. He looks very alive…” – “He, don´t shout at me and don´t blame me for your men´s rubbish! You promised me to kill Tubbs! I did you some favors and now it´s your turn. Don´t forget that I could tell the police some very interesting things about you and your business!” Then she angrily slammed the receiver.Rico had lunch and a cup of coffee while thinking about his situation. He had thought that Sonny would give him support, but he was mistaken. He was on his own and would have to make the best of it. The meeting tomorrow was only a preliminary where they would talk about amounts and conditions. A nice small talk while having lunch with the wealthy gangster boss.Later, he left the boat and drove around in town. Tom´s Bar was still existing, but when he got in he realized that several things had changed. It was more modern now and he didn´t knew the young man behind the bar. He had a soda and left the bar. His next destination was the beach. He walked on the sand, felt the wind that blew arund his nose from the ocean, and he smelled the salty air. Young people with jet – skies raced on the water.Should he ask Sonny again for support? He understood that Sonny had a lot of work to do, but Sonny knew that the Calderone´s had always been drug dealers and murdered. Therefore, Fernando was a case for Vice. Besides that, Calderone was the connection to Philippe Carter who had killed Valerie and Bonny in New York and more people here in Miami.Rico swallowed his disappointment, returned to his car, and drove to the Vice office where Sonny´s team was still talking in the briefing room. “Sorry,” Rico said, looked at Sonny and asked,” Can I speak to you? It´s about Philippe Carter…”Gina smiled at him and tapped on the chair next to her. “Then you should come in and join our company,” she said.------Danni and Christine

17. I LOVES YOU PORGYA new day, a new dawn, a new life for me. And I’m feeling good…. Nina Simone was singing this as the big band joined in, on Danni’s earbuds, while she was ignoring Sonny sitting at the steering wheel, driving her to school. Besides the hip today’s music, she kind of had a thing for old jazz songs. Especially since she had met her new slightly darkened skinned love-of-her-life, jazz music so fell into place, and so did the words.Sonny dropped Danni off at school, to make sure she’d stay out of trouble. After he made clear that she’d better stay cool today, he hit the gass and drove off, to the office.She slowly approached the school as she kept her eyes on the car, until he had vanished and she turned around. Heading for the busstop. After two embarrassingly and abruptly ended moments, Danni was destined to meet him again… and again. This bus stopped around the corner of Rick’s street. She still hadn’t seen where he lived exactly, but she was destined to find it. Just like last time, she planned to walk the street up and down, hoping she would eventually see him. It didn’t take very long for her to be spotted. But not by the man she wanted to…Just only when she reached the end – or beginning, she had no idea which, of the street, Rick pulled over in his hot Ferrari. “Hi!!” Danni said, almost too exited.“Hey, baby. Hop in!” She quickly walked over to the passengers side and took a seat in the luxurious car. Rick kissed her short, but intense and with a lot of passion, almost swept Danni off her feet, if she’d be standing on them. They stood still for a while, on the side of the street.“Now, tell me, Danni. What is cute girl like you, doing in a car like this, at this hour of the day?” He smiled.“Well, looking up a sexy guy like you…” She answered with her cheeks blushed a bit. As she hoped, he gave her one more of his sweet kisses. Then he gently pushed her away, back in her seat.“Look, honey. I really like you. I really do. But I do understand your dad in this, baby. You are sixteen… and I am twenty-three. If only you were just two years older.”“But I’m not.” She interrupted.“I know.” He put his finger on her soft lips. “Now here’s what we’ll do. I am going to drop you off at school, I know that you’re supposed to be in one class or the other.” He seriously started while Danni wanted to say “But…” and he put his finger on her lipps again. “Ssshh. Let me finish. I’ve just earned my degree in Law school and it takes a lot of hard work to get there, I for one know that. If my girlfriend would be a dumb kid, skipping as many classes as she can get away with, eventually, she wouldn’t be able to keep up with me.” He smiled with his irresistible smile. “So. I will drop you off. And I will try to call or see your dad, to let him know how responsible I am and see if I can talk some sense into him. So the best thing to do, is go with the flow, do what your dad wants you to do. And finally he will understand we are for real. Ok?” Rick just wanted to start the engine when suddenly Danni’s door was pulled open and dragged Danni out the car by her arm…------Danni and Christine

18. CAPTUREDThe Vice – team had listened to Rico´s report without interrupting him once. Gina had gotten him a cup of coffee and he thanked her with a smile.“It seems as if our cases have a lot in common,” Sonny said when Rico had finished.Rico nodded and had a sip of coffee before he answered,” Yes, and, in fact, it´s all about Calderone. He gave the order for the murder in New York and, probably, for the woman, who was killed here in Miami…”“Elaine Hemingway,” Gina told.“Carter is only the hired killer.” Rico snorted. “The more I think about it, the more I come to the result that the bazooka bullet in the marina was for you and for me, Sonny. “Stan bended forward and frowned. “Why do you think that, Rico?” he wanted to know.“We´re both behind him, Sonny in Miami and Val and I in New York. Valerie and I were working together, but it was my private eye office. Bonny came to me, but I gave the job to Valerie because I had a lot of work to do. She found the connection to Calderone, but didn´t tell me about that. I think she´d tried to get more information, Calderone learned about that, but as he found out that I´m the boss, he thought that I was behind it. I got the tip that the man I was searching for was in the run – down house, but Valerie wanted to accompany me. She had had a bad feeling. The rain was pouring down and it was foggy. I was in the house, Valerie wanted to come in from the backside. Maybe, Carter only realized a moving. He thought that it was me, shot, and killed Valerie. Philippe Carter is the killer, but he is, unambiously, working for Calderone.”Sonny´s mobile started ringing. He had a look at the display, discovered the school´s telephone number, and picked it up immediately. “Crockett?”He listened and his face turned white. He sat upright as if he had swallowed a stick. “I’ll come immediately,” he said, hung up, and left the briefing room so fast that noone could say a word.Sonny jumped into the Porsche and while racing across the city to Danni´s school, Sonny thought about what could have happened. When Danni had lft the car in front of the school, Sonny thought that she´d understood that she was too young for a relationship… above all with a 23 years old guy. But now he knew that he was mistaken. What was going on in her head? He couldn´t understand her any more. More than ever before he wished to have a girlfriend he could ask bout that. He arrived at the school and jumped out of his car. His steps echoed in the empty hallway when he hurried to the principal´s office. Sonny knocked at the door, stepped in, and asked for Mrs. Richardson.Mrs. Richardson was in her fifties. She was a slim, white woman with dark brown hair and light brown eyes. She was slim and wearing a grey colored suit and a red blouse. They shook hands before Mrs. Richardson told, “Danni´s teacher, Mr. Harris, told me that Danni didn´t come to school, even though some of her classmate had seen her in front of the school.”“Who saw her?” Sonny asked. “I wanna talk to them!”Mrs. Richardson nodded. She pushed a button and ordered Samantha Green to come to her office. This took quite a while, for the girl had just had her last chlass and almost was on her way back home. A friend of hers got to her just in time, as she hopped on her bike.Sonny left the school thirty minutes later. Samantha had only told him that Danni had been waiting until Sonny had left before she walked to the bus stop. That´s all Samantha knew, but it was enough for Sonny. “I bet she´s with that guy,” he grumbled when he got into the Porsche again. His face had turned white because of his anger and he put his foot down that the car raced forward with screeching tyres. “I’m gonna grab that guy and if he´s touched my daughter, I’ll wring his neck!”------Danni and Christine