MV Special 25th Anniversary Fan-Fiction!

Danni Crockett

19. BETRAYED!The Vice team´s look followed Sonny as he left the office, but they all knew that he would ask for help if he needed them.Stan cleared his throat. “OK, let´s concentrate on the things in front of us.” He looked at Rico, who was eating grapes and Stan felt as if he was taken back to the past. “You´re gonna meet Calderone tomorrow at noon. Do you need back - up?”Rico chewed the grapes, and swallowed before he answered, “Not tomorrow. It´s only a preliminary. I think it won´t take more than two hours. So, I´ll meet you at two p.m. here in the office.”His mobile started ringing and Rico received the call after he´d looked at the display. As he didn´t know the number he only said, “Yes?”“It´s me, Izzy,” he hard the familiar voice. “Mr. Calderone has changed his plans. Now he wants to meet you in an hour”Rico looked around and met his old friends eyes. “What has happened, Izzy?” he asked. He had always disliked if gangsters had changed their plans. That never boded something good.“I don´t know,” Izzy claimed. “Mr. Carter called me. He´s one of mr. Calderone´s closest employees. He told me that some things have changed and that I should tell you about that.”“And you´re sure that you don´t know more, Izzy?” A bad feeling in Rico´s stomach spread out. It had always been a warning and had saved Rico´s life more than once.“I swear it, Tubbs!”Rico thanked Izzy, hung up, and told the others about Calderone´s new plans.Stan sighed as he shook his head. “I don´t like that, Rico.”“I think we should call Sonny to tell him about that,” Gina suggested. She took her cellphone out of the pocket , put on the loudspeaker and dialed Sonny´s number. He picked up the phone immediately.“It´s me, Gina. Calderone changed his plans…,” she said, but Sonny cut her short. “I´m sorry, Gina, but I´m very busy at the moment. Stan should deputize me till I´m back. Bye!” He hung up.Startled, Gina looked at the others. “What´s going on with him?” she asked amazingly.“Maybe he´s behind Carter,” Billy assumed. “He´ll tell us about it when he returns.”Rico left the office immediately. He returned to the GLAMOUR DAYS, had a quick shower and a shave, and wondered that Danni didn´t come home from school yet.The bad feeling in his stomach was still there and he ran around while thinking about the reason why Calderone had changed his plans.Eventually, it was time to drive to Biscayne Bay and turn into Ricardo Cooper, the wealthy Jamaican businessman, who was living in New York. It was long ago that he played that role.The gate to Calderone´s property opened quietly. Rico drove the Caddy along the driveway to the villa where Carmen opened the door before he could ring the doorbell.“Ricardo Cooper. Mr. Calderone is awaiting me,” Rico said.“Please, follow me,” Carmen answered.They crossed the impressing hall and walked into the dining – room with its white tiles and furniture and the big, red persian carpet under the table. It looked as if the floor was wounded and bleeding.The table was laid for three, and therefore Rico suggested that Carter would also be here tonight.Calderone walked in through another door and Rico looked at him. He looks very similar to his father, he thought.Calderone came to him and they shook hands before the gangster Rico asked to sit down. “It´s nice to meet you, Mr. Cooper. I´ve always had great connections to New York, but in the last time…”He didn´t finish the sentence, but Rico knew what he wanted to say. Even though he wasn´t working as a policeman any longer, he knew that the police had smashed a drug smuggler ring.“I was amazed that you ´ve changed your plans. I hope it is worth it for me because I had to cancel another appointment.”The door opened and a woman walked in. She and Rico looked at each other. Rico was surprised to meet the taxidriver, who had given him a ride to the marina after his arrival in Miami.She grew stiff for a moment before she walked closer to him and looked straight into his eyes. “When Fernando mentioned the name Ricardo Cooper I immediately had the feeling that something´s wrong with it. His name isn´t Ricardo Cooper, but Ricardo Tubbs!”Suddenly, Calderone pulled a gun he had hidden under his jacket. He released the safety catch and aimed the gun on Rico while shouting for Patrick and David.“That was very stupid, Mr. Tubbs,” Calderone said.Rico looked at the woman who had betrayed him. He remembered her the same time when Calderone ordered to his man at the door,” Kill Tubbs!”------Danni and Christine

20. ANOTHER BASTARDWith screeching tires Sonny pulled up outside Villa Margarita. He marched up to the door, this time he couldn’t care less if this character would open up the door himself or his father would, that might even be better. A decent father would forbid his son to see a 16 years old girl at his age. And rich daddies like this are always having the strings on their kids, so tight, Pinocchio even would feel tied up. His daughter was in there and wild horses couldn’t drag him away. He knew this was supposed to be his place where this bastard Rick was, with his daughter. This was the house the bastard had entered last time he was here on the stake out to spot Danni. Just as he was to ring the doorbell, the door was opened for him as if someone had been expecting him. He stormed on in and amazingly stopped when he reached the dining – room where someone was waiting for him.Not the bastard that he was expecting, though. The man turned around quickly at Sonny’s entrance. Calderone!! The loose ends suddenly melted together in Sonny’s head. All this time, his daughter had been seeing Calderone’s son! That’s why he had had this bad feeling about it, everytime he had layed his eyes on Rick. It was because he came from a bad nest, and this bastard was now poisoning Sonny’s very own flesh and blood. Probably playing mind tricks on her.Calderone looked a bit surprised at Sonny’s arrival, who took of his sunglasses to return the surprised look. “Lieutenant Crockett…. What a nice surprise…†Calderone smirked. He gestured with his gun at Sonny “Take a seat….â€â€œI just came to pick up my daughter.†Sonny answered as lowered himself into the chair. “Who is probably up in a room somewhere, with that no-good son of yours!â€â€œAh, your daughter… Well, if you want to come straight down to business…. I do appreciate that in a man, to not beat around the bush…†Calderone smiled in satisfaction on his plan working out after all. “Tigo… get the girl.†He ordered his muscled assistant with the flick of his fingers. Sonny had been expecting a whole lot…but not this. She was captured? Damned! And he had been thinking all this time, that she was out and about, having some fun.Tigo dragged Danni in by the arm, her wristed tied together and a loose strap around her neck. He let go of her when they set foot into the dining room. Danni and Tigo standing behind Calderone, sitting at the table oppisite of Sonny. When she saw her dad, she finally recovered her faith. All this time from being dragged out the car this morning, up till now, had been very frightening. She thought that they were never going to find her and she’d be dead within hours. Even more sad she felt, when she realized that Rick had been standing just on the other side of the car, not doing anything about it. Was he in on all this? Had she only been a bate to catch the bigger fish. Why? All her trust in Rick had gone up in smoke. “Dad!!†she screamed. Calderone flicked his fingers an Tigo put loose hanging strap over Danni’s mouth to shut her up. Sonny jumped up from his chair in auto-reflex. “Keep cool!†Calderone said. “Sit down!†he ordered. His other man stood behind Sonny with a machine gun pointed at him. Sonny breathed heavily through his nose and took the seat, while piercing his eyes through Calderone.“Lieutenant, relax. I wouldn’t want to waste such a beautiful face. This is merely an insurance.†Calderone smirked. With a puzzled look on his face, Sonny demanded “An insurance for what?!â€â€œThat you will make sure my upcoming business tomorrow morning will not be interrupted in any way.†“If you think we’re gonna stand aside and have you load tons of powder into the country just like that, you got it terribly wrong, pal!†Sonny warned. “Well, Lieutenant, there are no two ways about this. Either you guarantee me a good business day or I will draw you a more lively picture of what I really mean with ‘insurance’ …â€Sonny was about to jump up again, but a look into his daughters feared and desperate face let him stop. “I know you are a pig. But I will not risk my daughter’s life for any amount of cocaine. You have 24 hours to make it disappear.†Sonny breathed slowly through his slightly open mouth. Was he really going to leave Danni here? Unbelievable!! But he had no choice. Calderone laughed at the sight of it.“What a clever decision to keep cool, Lieutenant. Diego here will accompany you on your journey of having my trucks being safely brought in. His brother Tigo will keep Danni company in the meantime. Don’t worry, I will make sure you get her back in one piece… after my business ran smoothly.â€Danni pulled her arm loose from Tigo’s grip when he wasn’t paying too much attention. She took a run towards Sonny. Sonny jumped up to meet her halfway. But Calderone grabbed Danni’s arm and pointed a gun at her head long before they could reach one another. He wiped a few loose curls out of her face, with the tip of the gun. “I think we are going to have ourselves a little ball….†Calderone laughed and looked Sonny in the eyes as he squeezed Danni’s face in his palm and forced a kiss onto her mouth. “Don’t try to play a trick on me! Then you will be reunited in 24 hours. Now go!†Sonny had no choice than to leave the house. His thoughts twisted around Danni. He would do everything to get her back, and then, there ´ll be no place for Calderone to hide from his revenge!----------------------------Danni & Cristine.

21. ALIVE!Rico regained consciousness. His whole body was aching and he hardly dared to move. He groaned as he slowly raised his right had to touch his face. He found his right eyebrow sabby, dried blood covered his right cheek, and his nose was swollen. With his tongue, he touched a swelling at the inside of his lips.Groaning and without breathing he sat upright and squinted. Both eyes were swollen and he saw everything blurry, but he was alive. His hands touched over his chest to find out if one of his rips was broken, but then Rico was sure that there were only bruises everywhere.He thought about the last moments he could remember. In fact, Calderone had ordered his men to get him out of the house, kill him and throw him into the ocean. Someone named Tigo had aimed his gun on him and pushed him out of the house, accompanied by a man whose name Rico didn´t know.A few steps far from the house, the second man suddenly hit his fist into Rico´s kidneys, then into his neck. He tried to protect his head, but he couldn´t. Blood spread out of his nose, his lips bursted, and then also his right eyebrow.Rico heard a cell phone ringing, Tigo speaking. Then the man said,” Stop it and put him away. Calderone needs us in the house. Crockett has just arrived!”Then Rico fainted.Rico got up, stretched his muscles while pulling faces, and walked to the door. He pushed and dragged on it, but, of course, it was locked. He urgently needed to get out of here, but at the moment he had no idea how to manage it.------------Danni & Christine.

• 2 weeks later...
22. A SURPRISING OFFERSonny stopped a cab and drove straight back to the lion’s pit. He got out around the corner and carefully walked In the direction of the house when a car pulled up next to him. “They got me!†he thought. The window slid down and the man inside said “Get in!â€. Sonny couldn’t see the man inside, because of the sunlight and he hesitated for a moment, not sure what to think of this. “Come on, get in! Before they see us!†the man said. Sonny pulled the door handle and got into the car, the driver took off immediately in the opposite direction, out of there.Sonny looked at the driver and recognized Rick immediately. “You!†he shouted in anger. “I am on your side man, I am on your side!†Rick defended himself. “Your father has both my daughter and best friend in there. How can you possibly be on my side?!â€â€œHe is not my father…†Rick explained.Sonny hooked his eyebrow, so Rick continued. “He is my uncle. And I disliked his ways of business ever since I was a kid and started to understand what he was about. This time, he has gone too far.â€â€œI can’t believe it… he is you uncle?†Sonny’s eyebrow unhooked a bit. “Well whatever he is, he’s got my daughter in there and we have to go in there and get her!†“I totally agree with you sir. I never met someone like Danni before. I love her, and don’t want her to get hurt. Let’s do this together. I know the villa as the back of my hand.†Rick parked the car.“I work best alone, kid. You tell me everything I need to know and you stay out of it.â€Rick shook his head. “No way, man. He’s got my love in there and I need to stand face to face with him and tell him how I feel.â€â€œYou’d only get yourself killed, we can’t have any of that. Let my daughter at least have a reason to live when we get her out of there.†Sonny smiled at Rick. He did understand how serious he was with Danni.“Why are you living with your uncle?â€â€œMy mother’s been killed in a car accident when I was a baby.†Sonny looked up at these words, knowing what this could mean. “My father’s an ******* who had abandoned her while she was pregnant. When my mom died, my uncle was my only kin. He took me in and raised me as his own, I do love him very much and I know he feels a very strong connection with me too.†Sonny put his hand on Rick’s shoulder. “Did your mother happen to go by the name of Angelina?â€Rick’s eyes popped right open in amazement. “How do you know that?!â€With his hands Sonny took Rick’s face and looked at him from left to right. “Oh, yes. I can totally see it now.†“What? What are you talking about?†Now it was Rick’s eyebrow being hooked.“The resemblance. I know your father. Very well I might add.†He smiled.“That’s great. So you know the ******* who dumped my mom when she found out she was pregnant?! I don’t ever wanna see this guy! Or, I will kill him with my bare hands!â€â€œNow you’re starting to sound like your uncle, you don’t want that. So is that what they told you? That he dumped her?! What a nerves!†Sonny sighed. “I’m gonna give you the short version now and then we get a move on rescuing my daughter and your father…†Another puzzled look from Rick. “Your mother showed up at my friend Rico’s with you, being about 6 months. He wanted to be a real family, but your uncle Orlando arranged otherwise and your mother killed herself to save Rico. Rick, your father is here and probably he´s also in a big trouble because of your uncle.â€Rick clinched his jaws and steered out of the windshield. All his life, he had thought that his father was a bad man. Now it was hard for him to believe that his uncle had lied to him. But, otherwise, Sonny Crockett knew about things no one else had ever gotten experienced to.“Give your father a chance, Rick,†Sonny said and Rick nodded.------------Danni & Christine.

23. Back in the lion’s pit“The Villa has 2 floors and they are keeping Danni in the basement, where they are having a cell. I think they put Rico in there as well, but I’m going to have to check.†Rick started.“Does your uncle suspect anything from you? How long have you been away?†“I had to go to the courthouse for a case this morning, and I just returned when I saw you there. So he’s expecting me back anytime this afternoon.†Rick stated.Sonny nodded and thought it through. “How many men has your uncle got inside?â€â€œEight. He’s got 2 in the front, 2 in the back, 2 in the basement and 2 inside the house somewhere. So that’ll be a little tough.â€â€œOk. This is what we’ll do. You get in there just as you regularly would. Do you know how to handle a gun, by the way?â€Rick smiled. “Oh, yes I do. My uncle taught me when I was about 10. So I even dare say I am a very good shot.†“Good.†Sonny said as he handed Rico his back-up gun. “Tuck this away and only use it when it’s absolutely necessary. So you go in through the front. And I-““On the left side. I’ll park my car in the garage on the left and go into the house from there.â€Sonny called Castillo for the backup. He used Rick’s cell-phone, cause his own would probably be tapped.The garage doors slid open when Rick pulled up in front of them and pushed his remote control. He realized the black Caddy and immediately he knew that it was his father´s car. He swallowed as he gently parked his car in the spacious garage, having room for at least 10 cars and got out of the vehicle. After scanning the area for a couple of seconds, he opened the trunk and let Sonny out. Sonny pointed with his right forefinger on the Caddy and Rick nodded seriously. Sonny ducked immediately and slid himself under one of the parked vehicles. Rick’s footsteps faded out, stepping into the house looking up his uncle. “Hey son. How did it go?†Calderone asked his nephew as if nothing had happened. “I won, off course…†Rick smiled, keeping it casual. “Maria’s got supper ready? I’m starving.†He sat down at the table, next to his uncle.“That’s my boy. I have always known you were a winner. You’ll have to check in the kitchen. I did hear noises, but with Maria, you never know what’s she’s doing in there.†Calderone laughed.Rick stood up and kissed his uncle on the cheek. “It’s a family thing. We’re all winners.†Rick replied. Calderone was really proud of him. The 22 years he’d spent with the kid, made him feel like he was his own son. He wished that he was.Maria was indeed working hard on getting supper ready and best of all, she was cooking Rick’s favorite: her marvelous chili dish. Rick looked around and closed the door behind him. “Can I talk to you?†he whispered to Maria. She nodded. Rick anxiously looked around again to make sure no one was to hear what he was about to say. “You know we have guests in the basement?†Maria started to look anxious as well. She had always managed to ignore these kind of situations, it was better that she didn’t know any of these things, except that she actually did. Maria shook her head at first, but Rick tilted his head, knowing what she actually knew. She had prepared meals for them off course, but she never asked any questions. Maria closed her eyes and nodded to confirm Rick’s thoughts. “We are going to save them tonight. I am sure there will be shooting. I want you to stay in the kitchen as long as you can, after you served dinner. Don’t come out here until I come for you. Okay?†Maria nodded again and took Rick in her arms for a brief hug, then took his face between her hands. “Please… be careful!!†she whispered.------------Danni & Christine.

24. IN THE BASEMENTRico heard steps coming closer. Then they stopped. With a screeching noise, someone opened a small window in the upper part of the door. A light shone into Rico´s eyes and he closed them. “Get away from the door!†someone ordered. “You get company!â€A key was turned around and then Danni fell into Rico´s arms. Rico squinted. “Danni? Are you ok?â€Danni looked at Rico´s badly abused face. “I´m OK, but you are not.â€â€œDon´t worry about me,†Rico advised.Danni started shaking and sobbing. Rico put his finger gently under her chin and looked her in the eyes. “We’re going to be alright. We’ll get you out of here. Don´t worry, OK?†A tear rolled over Danni’s cheek, Rico softly wiped it away and kissed her on the forehead before hugging her again.“He didn’t even try…. He…didn’t… he just…†she sobbed. Rico figured she was talking about Sonny. “He did try, but Calderone got in the way. Your dad’s probably on his way to get us out right now. I promise.â€â€œI know…. But Rick…. He…just… stood there and didn’t… do anything…. about it…†She tried to catch her breath.“What happened?†Rico asked her.“I was with Rick in his car. Just outside. We were talking and he said he wanted to go talk to my dad, to make him understand how serious he is about me.†Danni stopped to swallow. “Then they pulled my door open and dragged me out. I was so scared….†Another big tear rolled down and yet another. “And all this time… Rick just stood there and didn’t do anything. I thought he loved me!†Rico frowned his forehead to the thought that this Rick person was probably in on all this. But he was not going to share these thoughts with Danni. It was best if she’d still believe in the love. She definitely needed something to hold on to for now. “I’m sure he was just as stunned as you were. He probably didn’t know what to do. Not everybody is used to action in the way your dad and I are. And your brother off course. You are just spoiled with strong men around you…†Rico tried to smile. Danni laughed to this, softly.“He didn’t come here to rescue me either.†Danni took a couple of deep breaths not to get sucked into that horribly sad feelings again. “Maybe, just maybe… he’s one of the bad guys…… I don’t want him to be part of the bad guys!!†The crying started again, she couldn’t fight it any longer.“I’m sure there’s a very good explanation for all of this. Don’t give up, girl. If this is real love… you’ll know it. If he really was prepared to go talk to your dad, I’d say he’s a hero. Not many guys would dare to step up to him. So just have faith in him. It’ll all be okay.â€One of the guards opened the door and the both of them came in, with a big smirk on their face. Mario closed the fence and locked up with the key, which he put into his pocket. Mario and Berto looked at each other and they grabbed Rico, tied him down with his hands behind his back on a wooden chair. Then the both of them walked over to Danni. “Boss didn’t say we couldn’t have a little fun, now did he?†Mario laughed at Berto. “No, he didn’t. I think he will laugh about it. So let’s just do it…†Mario took Danni by one arm and tried to tear off her shirt with his other hand. Rico tried to pull his hands out of the tie. It wasn´t bonded that tight, but it would take some time to get rid of it. Berto came closer and wanted to grab Danni by the hips, to pull down her jeans. But Danni, having some skills of her own, kicked her foot up from the ground right up between Berto’s legs. He fell down on the ground in serious aching. Mario ignored Berto, thought that two was a better number to party anyway, and continued to tear off her shirt. But he didn´t get that far because Danni pulled his hair. In a reflex, Mario moved his right arm strongly from the left to the right and slapped Danni in the face. For a moment, she felt dizzy. Therefore, she stumbled and fell to the ground. Her top ruptured and without thinking about it Danni turned on her stomach. Her fingers grabbed the top and dragged it over her breast.Rico couldn’t bare the sight of this any longer and with all the strength in him, he pulled his arms out of the tie. Mario didn´t realize it because he turned his back to Rico and concentrated on Danni. “Come on, sweetheart,†he giggled. “Let´s have some fun together!â€Danni screamed. “You better keep your filthy hands off me!â€Mario laughed.Rico grabbed the chair where he´d been sitting on and broke it on Mario’s head. One of the chair’s legs fell off and with that huge wooden stick, he hit Berto over the head as well. They were both on the floor, barely breathing, very little conscience left. Danni reached down in Mario’s pocket to grab the key to this cell and threw it to Rico. ------------Danni & Christine.

----Just a couple more days untill christmas!!!This story will have a nice christmas style ending on christmas day!!Stay tuned!Danni.

25. JOINED TOGETHER AGAIN“Thank you. It was delicious as always. I don’t know how we could ever do without you.†Calderone thanked and praised his maid, Maria, giving her a charmed smile. He cared for her, she has always been in the family and cooked him meals ever since he was a little kid and took care of him, just like she had been a nanny to Rick. The elderly lady could have retired years ago, but she was just as addicted to the family as they were to her, in spite of all the nasty things she had witnessed during all these years.She cleared the table and disappeared into the kitchen, just like she promised Rick. Rick pretended searching for his phone, and that he couldn’t find it. “What is it?†Calderone asked, just as Rick planned.“My phone. It’s gone.†Rick said. “Maybe I left it in the car.†He wanted to stand up, but Calderone winked him to sit down. “Diego. Get his phone.†Calderone ordered. Rick internally started to fry. This was not according to plan. He was supposed to meet Sonny in the garage after dark. They waited for this on purpose, to make sure Calderone would not get suspicious when Rick would have returned. And now the whole plan would go to waste!“That was about bloody time!†Sonny said to himself when he heard footsteps. These footsteps sounded heavier, so Sonny kept quiet and waited to see what happened. “Diego go get his phone†Diego impersonated Calderone with a lot of irritation. “What am I, the maid or something?†He opened the car door and looked for a phone. It was on the floor, he bended over to reach for it, when the door slammed against his head. When he tried to get up, he bumped his head again, on the edge of the door opening. Still not knocked out he wiggled on his feet and tried to find out who was there, then a very hard knock with the handle from a gun hit his head. The lights went out for him. “One man down… seven to go.†Sonny got on his way into the house. He kept his gun ready and quickly peaked around the corner after he walked up the few steps from the garage into the hallway. There they were, the two men at the back of the house. He peaked again, quickly moving forward and backward, to the other side. That would probably be the door to the basement, if he understood Rick’s description correctly. If he were to shoot those two men, everybody would be mobilized to go after Sonny, that wouldn’t be the sensible thing to do. For a short while he waited before he whispered, “Hey, psst!â€The two men turned around, but couldn´t see somebody.“Did you also hear it?†the left man said.His pal nodded and quickly walked to the corner where Sonny was awaiting him. The moment, he disapperaed around the corner, Sonny hit the gun´s handle at the man´s nose and pushed his knee into his stomach. The man groaned, rolled his eyes, and fell to the ground. Sonny catched him to hinder the noise of a falling body.Again, Sonny looked around the corner to the second man who seemed to be nervous. “Can you help me, pal?†Sonny quietly asked.“What the hell…,†the other man said as he came to the corner.A moment later, both men were sleeping in a small storeroom while Sonny disappeared through the basement door.Downstairs a gun was pointed at him around the corner of the bottom step. “Throw down your weapon!†a familiar voice hissingly demanded. “Rico? It’s me!†Sonny whispered. A black head appeared and disappeared around the corner quickly, to check if this was Ok. Then Rico stepped forward, revealing himself and Danni. She flew into her dad’s arms. “Thank God, you’re all right!†Sonny said during their short hug, then he turned to Rico. “There are 8 men. I got one down in the garage and two in the hallway. So, there are five of them left.â€â€œAnd we’ve got 2 down in here.†Rico smiled. “That girl of yours is a tough one!â€â€œI know. Raised her myself.†Sonny proudly answered with a smile as well. “But still, I think you stay down here Danni. Are those two locked up?â€â€œYes. And we took their guns. They ´re harmless now.†Danni answered, showing her gun to her dad. “Be careful not to shoot yourself. Ok?†“Don’t worry. This is not the first time I’m holding one of these babies.†Danni smiled. “Billy taught me ages ago…†Sonny frowned to this. He disapproved of a young kid knowing her ways with a gun. But for now, it could just save her life.“You go to the front, two guys there. I’ll go to the back. There’ll be another one around Calderone to protect him. Make sure you don’t hit Rick…†He looked at Danni. She clinched her jaws when Sonny named the guy who had disappointed her so much. Sonny continued, “He’s something special…. And don’t go into the kitchen. There is Maria, who also deserves to stay alive.†Sonny instructed.“If I get that boy in my hands…. I’m going to wring his neck! I’m sure he’s one of them…†Rico groaned and scowled.“No, he’s not and I’ll tell you all about it later. Just make sure he lives!†Sonny answered sharply.------------Danni & Christine.

26. DANNI´S DECISIONQuietly, Rico and Sonny ran up the stairs to the hallway. At the slightly open door, they stopped for a moment and listened without breathing before they ran along the hallway to the next corner. They could hear someone making a lot of noises with the dishes, and Calderone praising Maria to the skies for the delicious desert. That meant that Maria was still in the dining – room.Rico and Sonny looked at each other and Sonny shook his head to tell Rico that they couldn´t do anything now. He didn´t want to endanger Maria, but he stretched his neck to find out when she left the dining – room.“And what are you gonna do tonight, Rick? You´re going to a party? Meeting a nice young girl?†Calderone asked. “I´ll help some friends of mine. They´ve got problems and need my support,†Rick answered honestly. He felt his nervousness growing because he hadn´t expected that Philippe Carter would also be here tonight. But the man appeared a few minutes ago and then Frnando had askd Rick to leave because he had to speak with Carter.Rico and Sonny could hear someone dragging a chair over the tiles. “I hope they´ll pay a lot for the suport of a great lawyer like you.†Calderone and another man laughed.A moment later, Rick appeared in the dining – room door. He glanced around, noticed Sonny and, in relief, took a deep breath before he answered,â€Maybe we´re similar in some things, but in others we´re different. I´ll never take money from my friends.â€He left the dining – room, passed Rico and Sonny, and mumbled,â€Gonna get my gun!†Then he jumped up the stairs.Danni walked back and forth, holding the gun in her hands. She felt safe with it, but was nervous because of her father. More than once he´d been in such a situation and every time she was afraid that he didn´t return. What should she do then? Her mother was dead and so were her grandparents. Billy was her only relative. When her father died…! She didn´t finish the thought, but pushed it away. Her father always succeeded!Danni´s thoughts went to Rick. Her father had told, He´s something very special. What does that mean? Two days ago, Sonny was so angry about Rick that he wanted to wring his neck and now he ordered Rico to take care that Rick doesn´t get injured.She reached the wall, turned around, and walked back along the hallway. Again, she thought about the moment when the men had dragged her out of the car. Rick jumped out of the car and stood next to it with startled expressions. Was it only the shock that he hadn´t helped her? That her father took sides meant that he had spoken with Rick and that Rick wanted to help them.Danni reached the stairs and thoughtfully looked up before she decided spontaneously not to stay in the basement. She was Sonny Crockett´s daughter! She wouldn´t hide herself while her father was fighting against the guy who´d ordered to take her hostage!And Danni walked up the stairs!------------Danni & Christine.

27. THE FIGHT IN THE VILLA MARGARITARick´s thoughts twisted around Danni. He knew his uncle´s men well and never trusted them. They were brutal and inconsiderate and they only used women. Rick was afraid that they could rape Danni before he could rescue her.Upstairs, he stormed to his apartment. With clinched jaws, he opened the door and ran to his bedroom. It was a big room with light furniture. A light blue fitted carpet covered the floor, a dark blue banket was on the bed.While taking the gun out of his bedside tables drawer, he thought about Danni´s desperate look when his uncle´s men dragged her away… - No! Not his uncle! He´d never call him uncle again. Fernando was a gangster, a lier, a scrupulous man who never considered other people´s feelings.Rick left his bedroom. He crossed his livingroom with the champagne – colored couch, the sideboards made of beeche, the plants in big pots that were spread out in the room, and the big shelves filled with his books. At the bannister, he stopped and looked down onto the hall. It was quiet in the house. He hoped that Maria was in the kitchen as he had ordered her to do. Fernando either was still in the dining – room, enjoying his expensive favorite French wine or he was on the deck, drinking his wine and enjoying the light breeze that was blowing over the ocean that night.Rick ran down the stairs and then several things happened at the same time. Mario and Jack came into the hall through the entrance door, Calderone and Phillipe Carter left the dining – room together, and Danni stormed in from the basement.Immediately, Mario, Jack, Calderone, and Carter pulled their guns.“Danni, NO!” Rick shouted as he stormed forward to protect Danni. He slammed Mario his gun into his face while releasing the safety catch. Mario broke down. Blood spread out of his nose, but nevertheless, he aimed his gun on Rick. Nobody threated him that way without being killed!The first shoot hit Jack above his right ear, crossed the head, and left it above the left ear. Blood, bone pieces, and the brain spread out of the wound and hit the wall next to Jack where it sprayed over a very expensive picture of still life.Jack turned around and with eyes wide open he fell to the floor where his blood was covering the tiles.Rico and Sonny had crept up closer to the dining – room. With a quick move, Rico realized that Calderone wasn´t sitting at the table any longer. He flashed to the other side of the door, bended quickly forward and backward, and found Calderone standing at a table with different bottles where he was filling his glass with red wine.“I´m dissatisfied with your work, Phil,” Calderone said. “I order you to do a job, but you´re never successful. Can you explain this?”Philippe Carter turned his back to the door. “I´m sorry, but I can´t”.Calderone turned around, holding the glass with the sparkling wine in his right hand. “You´re not even smart enough to memorize a boat´s name! The name of Crockett´s boat is GLAMOUR DAYS, not GLORIOUS DAYS, you idiot! But now I´ve taken everything in my own hands. Your last chance is to kill Tubbs and let his body disappear. You think you´ll succeed?”Carter lowered his head while Calderone was coming closer to him. “Of course, Mr. Calderone.”“They´re coming!” Rico´s mouth formed the words without speaking.Sonny nodded, and then things became thick and fast. Sonny saw his daughter leaving the basement and the same moment as Rick he shouted, “NO!” Rico aimed his gun on Calderone. He wanted to say,” Don´t move!” but the man reacted very fast. His left arm hit against Rico´s arm so that the first shoot hit the ceiling while his right hand was pulling the gun. Plaster was raining down on them when Rico´s left fist hit Calderone´s chin. The man´s head was thrown around, but nevertheless he pulled his gun and released the safety catch with a quick move.Sonny was fighting with Carter who was determined not to disappoint his boss again. He hit Sonny the muzzle of his gun against the temple and for a moment Sonny saw everything blurry. Without thinking about it, he raised his left arm and hit Carter´s hand that was holding the gun. The gun was torn out of Carter´s hand. It hit the frame of the door, a shoot rang out, and the bullet grazed over Carter´s head. It scalped Carter who started screaming in pain. But the pain, however, increased his anger about Sonny.Startled, Danni hid herself next to a cupboard and squeezed against the wall. Her heart was beating very fast and her wide open eyes realized everything around. She saw one man falling to the floor and another man dying because of a bullet Rick had fired. Her father and Rico were fighting against two men and Rick was running up to her.“Rick, watch out!” Danni screamed when she saw that the man who´d been lying on the floor got on his knees and aimed his gun on Rick.Sonny heard Danni screaming. At a glance, he realized the danger for Rick, aimed his gun on Mario and shot him to death before he paid his attention on Carter again.For a moment, Rico was distracted by Danni´s screams. Calderone used the moment to hit him his fist against the chin. Rico´s head slammed against the wall and he felt his senses disappear. He slid to the floor. Don´t faint! He told himself as he slowly breathed through his open mouth. He squinted, but couldn´t see everything clearly now. Sonny had a lot to do with his fight aginst Carter, Rick reached Danni, and Caldrone aimed his gun on Danni to kill her.Rico raised his hand with the gun in it, the same time when Rick realized what Fernando wanted to do. He also raised his hand… ------------Danni & Christine.

28. Trust Several shoots rang out. Thereafter, it became silent in the hall. Rico squinted, groaned, and tried to get on his feet. He saw Calderone lying on the floor on his stomach with is eyes staring into the skies. Rick was hugging Danni. He kept repeating,â€It´s OK, Danni! Everything is OK. It´s over!â€Danni was grown stiff and she clinched Rick with her arms around his waist. Sonny was leaning against the wall. He was panting, but he looked relieved when he realized that Danni seemd to be uninjured.“You´re OK, Pal?†Rico asked.Sonny turned his head to Rico. Then he nodded and sighed. “You´re also OK, partner?â€Rico wiped over his aching chin. He pulled faces to find out if his jaws were OK. “Yes, I think so.â€Sonny walked up to Danni and Rick, who repeated again that everything was over now.“Danni?†Sonny asked.Danni looked at her father. The skin in her face was as white as fresh fallen snow. She swallowed hard before she nodded. “I couldn´t stay in the basement, Dad. I really had no earthly idea….†She stopped and glanced to the dead man with the hole in his head. Then she lowered her head because it all looked too bad and she felt like she was to blame for it all. Sonny took his daughter in his arms, hugged her intensely and stroked her curls for a while. He kissed her on top of the curls and then he stated “It’s OK, honey. This is not your fault, believe me. I understand you couldn’t stay in there. You look too much like me, I guess..†He smiled at her and turned her back into Rick’s arms. “He’s a good guy. He’s OK.†Sonny turned around and looked at Rico, and walked up to him. “I told you he was something special…†Rico looked at Sonny with a puzzled look. “Come on, don’t tell me you can’t see the resemblance, pal.†Sonny smiled. “Take a good look at the kid and tell me who he reminds you of.†Within a split second, Rico realized what Sonny was trying to tell him and he shook his head in disbelieve. “No, kidding?! No way, man, it can’t be!†“I already told him a couple of hours ago. He couldn’t believe it either.â€He and Rick looked at each other before Rico said,†I think we have a lot to talk about, don’t you?†Rick nodded. “I´ve got a lot of questions.†Rico said. “I can imagine that,†Rick admitted while he wrapped his arms around Danni, who was cuddling at his wide chest. “I have a lot of questions for you as well.â€â€œBut first we have give our colleagues a call.†Sonny decided. With a snort he continued, â€Look at this battlefield!â€â€œI’ll take Danni away from here,†Rick said and took her out of the room.Rico came standing next to Sonny. “Well, at least he won’t be any trouble when we give the sign to stop his trucks at the border…†------------Danni & Christine.

29. ReunitedRick and Danni left the villa. A light wind blew into their faces. It helped them to get their minds clear. Rick took Danni to the fantastic garden. They sat down on a bench next to a small pond with koi carps in it. “What happened with you and my Dad? I thought he hated your guts?†Danni laughed.“I got him into my car and we talked for a while. I guess he just realized how serious I really am about you and that I am not just after you for fun. Oh, and he thought my uncle was my father and first thought that my so-called father and I were in on kidnapping you.†Rick explained.“Your uncle was the guy who captured me?†Danni was shocked to hear this. Her world turned upside down again, it drowned her in that fear again. She had no idea who had been behind it, why she was captured and most of all, why Rick didn’t act when it all happened. “Why? What did he want with me?†“He never told me, but I think he was threatening your father to have his shipment of drugs guided safely into the country or you’d be harmed.†Rick reached out to put his arm around Danni, but she jumped up. “Why didn’t you stop them Rick?! Why didn’t you do anything about it!? How can I trust you now, when you’ve just let it happen?†She shouted.Rick stood up and approached her calmly, one of his strong features, being able to soothe a girl. “Danni, I wish I did do something….†He touched her hand. “I was so shocked that I couldn’t move. I am very mad at myself for that. So I understand if you are mad at me as well. But please… give me a chance.†Rick opened up his arms to invite Danni for another hug. Her eyes were filled with tears, she couldn’t understand why he didn’t act. Both her father and her brother are used to action and trained to respond to severe situations, and she was used to their protection.“But what if someone would try to hurt me again someday, will you be able to do something then, or totally freeze again?!†She didn’t move closer to Rick, so he stepped that last step himself. “I’ll do anything you want me to do that makes you feel safe.†Rick took Danni’s hands, looked her deep into her eyes and whispered softly “I love you, Danni…†Then he kissed her and her body relaxed to his words and touch. “I love you too…†Danni answered after a couple of seconds.The villa was crowded with police officers, just 20 minutes after the bloody incident. Sonny and Rico informed them with all their knowledge on the situation. Rico and Sonny walked through the garden doors to find the young couple. “Danni, you are needed inside for a statement.†Sonny held out one arm and after Danni stood up to accompany him, he wrapped it around her shoulder, leaving Rico and Rick to talk their long overdue talk. “So..†Rico started to overcome the uncomfortable silence. “You are …. my … sun?â€Still in disbelieve. “So Sonny says. I had always seen my dad as the bastard that left my mom with a bun in the oven. Now it turns out my uncle had been lying to me all my life.†Rick got a bit emotional and swallowed. “My mother was killed in a car accident, he told me. But Sonny told me that my uncle Orlando prevented you and my mother from being a family with me.†He stopped to take a deep breath before saying the actual words. “He said she killed herself to safe your life and mine…†Rico took a step forward and couldn’t keep cool any longer, he embraced Rick and his thought of Angelina in that car made him feel so sad once again. “You are my sun…†he said again, but with more certainty this time. “I thought you were in that car with your mother… I had always thought…. you were… dead.â€Their hug continued for a short while before Rico stated “You are my sun and I will do anything to make up for the years we have lost, man.â€â€œOK…dadâ€. At which they both started laughing.“We are going to get ourselves a lovely dinner and we’ll all talk things over, sound good?†Rico charmed, still a bit uncomfortable in his new role.“Sounds great!†Rick answered, just before an officer came to fetch him for a statement.------------Danni & Christine.

---- THE END ----

Tomorrow we will post a follow up chapter to this story in the christmas section.Have a wonderfull Chistmas evening !!------------Danni & Christine.