Episode #5 "Calderone’s Demise"

Ferrariman

i believe so.cant promise though

If you ask, and she says yes, please let us know when she will join, as many people here may not believe it's her. Saddly one of our members here said she knew JOHN DIEHL, many didn't believe her, because we've heard soooo many people claim to know someone from the show, and they don't. Perhaps if she could post a photo or something to prove it?

I would definitely feel lucky to know "Angelina!" :) Anyway' date=' sometime maybe see if she'd be interested in posting here, and her thoughts on the "MV" episodes she was in. I did post quite a bit at the "other site" but haven't for a long time (left after Ferrariman left) so I didn't see what she said there.[/quote']if she wouldnt be a nice person than i wouldnt care if she played in mv or notits like people who want to be friend with a famous person just because there famous,that wouldnt be right.

if she wouldnt be a nice person than i wouldnt care if she played in mv or notits like people who want to be friend with a famous person just because there famous' date='that wouldnt be right.[/quote']Will you ask her for us?

If you ask' date=' and she says yes, please let us know when she will join, as many people here may not believe it's her. Saddly one of our members here said she knew JOHN DIEHL, many didn't believe her, because we've heard soooo many people claim to know someone from the show, and they don't. Perhaps if she could post a photo or something to prove it?[/quote']i know what youre saying,wasnt that the thing where she said she want to do a convention or something?maybe some people here dont believe me,but thats ok.

i know what youre saying' date='wasnt that the thing where she said she want to do a convention or something?maybe some people here dont believe me,but thats ok.[/quote']I believe you! :thumbsup: I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt and if you state that you know her, then I believe you. And if Phanie decides she doesn't want to post here...that's okay. Guess what--we'll all live! :cheers:

I believe you! :thumbsup: I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt and if you state that you know her' date=' then I believe you. And if Phanie decides she doesn't want to post here...that's okay. Guess what--we'll all live! :cheers:[/quote']i just dont want to talk ****,like im her personal assisstant or something like that.just know her thats it.yeah i can ask and if she doesnt want then theres nothing i can do,so i hope no gets high hopes or something nowthe john diehl thing i dont know if she really knows him or not.so if she then great

Alex had photos of her with John Diehl.If Phanie says no, then that's o.k.. But please ask. I won't be disapointed if she says no.

i just dont want to talk ****' date='like im her personal assisstant or something like that.just know her thats it.yeah i can ask and if she doesnt want then theres nothing i can do,so i hope no gets high hopes or something nowthe john diehl thing i dont know if she really knows him or not.so if she then great[/quote']LOL!! :) I didn't necessarily think you were her personal assistant--I figure if you were then you'd state that. I totally understand--you can ask her sometime if you want and see what she says. If she says no, then that's okay--like I said before, we'll all live! ;) Also, I'm not necessarily worried about whether Phanie Napoli is that famous or not...I'd just think it would be very interesting to hear her own thoughts on the "MV" episodes she was in and what it was like. That's all. As I also said before, a few years ago I used to post all the time at the "other site", then quit because Ferrariman was basically "ousted." Just recently I joined this site, so I don't know what the deal with the "John Diehl" thing is or what happened?? I figure if someone states they know someone from the cast, then they probably do. I'm sure there probably has been some members in the past that have lied about stuff like that...but I would think it wouldn't be too many. I would think that most who immediately balk at someone who states they know a cast member or someone involved with the show, is in reality jealous and wants to put the moment "down." ;)

LOL!! :) I didn't necessarily think you were her personal assistant--I figure if you were then you'd state that. I totally understand--you can ask her sometime if you want and see what she says. If she says no' date=' then that's okay--like I said before, we'll all live! ;) Also, I'm not necessarily worried about whether Phanie Napoli is that famous or not...I'd just think it would be very interesting to hear her own thoughts on the "MV" episodes she was in and what it was like. That's all. As I also said before, a few years ago I used to post all the time at the "other site", then quit because Ferrariman was basically "ousted." Just recently I joined this site, so I don't know what the deal with the "John Diehl" thing is or what happened?? I figure if someone states they know someone from the cast, then they probably do. I'm sure there probably has been some members in the past that have lied about stuff like that...but I would think it wouldn't be too many. I would think that most who immediately balk at someone who states they know a cast member or someone involved with the show, is in reality jealous and want to put the moment "down." ;)[/quote']agree with what you said.would like to know DJ though,to see what he really is in private

agree with what you said.would like to know DJ though' date='to see what he really is in private[/quote']LOL!! :) You and many others! This is totally what I've heard over the years--as of course I do not know Don Johnson, but I've heard he can be a total jerk and is very egotistical. From what I've heard and read over the years I think Don is like the Kate Jackson ("Charlie's Angels" and "Scarecrow & Mrs. King") and/or Jack Lord ("Hawaii Five-0") of "Miami Vice." He's an awesome actor and has a lot of talent--but unfortuantely he lets that go to his head and demands or expects to get his way all the time. The minute he doesn't get it, he gets nasty or rude.But, like I said--that is totally "Hollywood" style statements and rumors...as I don't personally know DJ. For all I know (since I haven't seen him in much since "Nash") he now could have mellowed and be easier to get along with??

LOL!! :) You and many others! This is totally what I've heard over the years--as of course I do not know Don Johnson' date=' but I've heard he can be a total jerk and is very egotistical. From what I've heard and read over the years I think Don is like the Kate Jackson ("Charlie's Angels" and "Scarecrow & Mrs. King") and/or Jack Lord ("Hawaii Five-0") of "Miami Vice." He's an awesome actor and has a lot of talent--but unfortuantely he lets that go to his head and demands or expects to get his way all the time. The minute he doesn't get it, he gets nasty or rude.But, like I said--that is totally "Hollywood" style statements and rumors...as I don't personally know DJ. For all I know (since I haven't seen him in much since "Nash") he now could have mellowed and be easier to get along with??[/quote']well who knows?some people change over the years,maybe its better not to know your ´´idols´´ :)

well who knows?some people change over the years' date='maybe its better not to know your ´´idols´´ :)[/quote']Some people do change, and for all I know Don may be wonderful now?? Sometimes though, it is best to not know too much about your idols. :) Three of my favorite TV actors of shows I either grew up with or have come to know and love are the late Jack Lord (of "Hawaii Five-0") Don Johnson, and Philip Michael Thomas. But, even though both Jack and Don were/are known for being difficult, I've always read and heard that Thomas is very kind and down-to-earth. Other favorite TV actors that I've heard are nice and very easy to get along with are Tom Selleck ("Magnum, p.i."), the late Robert Urich ("Vega$" and "Spenser: For Hire"), and David Hasselhoff ("Knight Rider").Some are nice...some aren't. Bottom line though, is all are awesome actors with awesome shows! :thumbsup:

ive met the pet shop boys for example,and yeah they were very nice,and normal,just like ive known them of interviews,just an example,

• 2 months later...

Solid follow up to "Hit List" but not as good IMHO.One thing still bugs me, Rico really didn't get to truly avenge his brother's death. Sonny actually shot and killed Calderone.Wonder why the writers opted to go that route?

The reason, I think, is a little thing called, Angelina! :happy:By the way....are you rating the episodes in the poll?

The reason' date=' I think, is a little thing called, Angelina! :happy:By the way....are you rating the episodes in the poll?[/quote']yes.

• 2 weeks later...

yes.

still on of the best,i remember where they are travelling over the ocean with their boat,and then the music,,,its like an or++ga+++s+mwell better than that :)

• 2 months later...
still on of the best' date='i remember where they are travelling over the ocean with their boat,and then the music,,,its like an or++ga+++s+mwell better than that :)[/quote']Must agree, that was a great!Especially at the end, with Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It" playing in the background.Vintage MV. :daumenrauf:

still on of the best' date='i remember where they are travelling over the ocean with their boat,and then the music,,,its like an or++ga+++s+mwell better than that :)[/quote']LOL!! :D I don't know about orgasm (with me that would probably be some scene with Gina :p)...but it definitely gives you a surge of excitement! One of the "true" Vice moments and really portrayed what the show was about! :daumenrauf:

• 5 months later...

Caldrone's Return pt 2Calderone's Return pt 2 is my favorite episode. I love everything about this episode. I love the romance between Tubbs & Angelina. I wish she didn't die in the last episode of season 2 (sons and lovers) and I wish we knew what happened to the baby. I love the fact Cockett and Tubbs hop on a boat and travel to Bimini in the Bahamas. I wish I could hop on a boat and travel the world, let alone the Bahamas!! I love the storyline ( anything with Calderone is exciting) Crockett played a great hitman ( posing as Armstrong ) and how crooked the Bahamian Chief of Police was. I love the dialogue at the end with Calderone/Crockett/Tubbs. Also, I love the music. It was awesome and the music matched the various scenes in that tropical setting. A 10 for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
Calderone's Demise is - as well as Hit List - one of the best episodes!:happy::thumbsup::happy:It shows how unique VICE is and how brilliant the combination between terrific story and music, style and location can be!:clap::glossy:The opening scene in the interrogation room (which is blank except a chair!!!) is already awesome: Mendez sitting on a chair, Sonny and Rico shouting at him.:clap:Then one of the best VICE-scenes follows: Sonny and Rico driving by boat towards the Bahamas with Voices by Russ Ballard - EXTREMELY COOL:clap::happy:Despite of filming at the Virgin Islands instead of the Bahamas, the scenes are very extensive (for example the chase through the town).Camera work is also amazing, I like the multitude of close-ups of the faces.:happy:Concerning actors Phanie Napoli aka Angelina is very very HOT. They couldn't have found a better actress to represent Angelina. Her classy look fits perfectly to Calderone!Miguel Pinero as Calderone is perfect anyway.Music is fantastic: What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner is absolutely wonderful in this end-scene.:radio::happy:It demonstrates a great contrast to Voices and shows how special VICE is. And always when I hear this wonderful song, I think of this scene!Fashion is also very interesting because there isn't the typical VICE style. Sonny and Rico almost wear in each scene an aloha shirt or T-Shirts. Noticeable is Sonny's white hat when he completes the deal.:glossy:At the end Calderone is shot and falls in the pool - very realistic, but also brutal scene for the early 80s - but that fits to VICE.:clap:Naturally 10 of 10 points

Exactly...could not have said it better! The "Calderone's Return" 2-parter (aka "Hit List" and "Calderone's Demise") is my all-time favorite episode/s of the show! :clap:They truly show EVERYTHING the show was about...plot, action, acting performances, music, color, cinematography, the "raw" intensity of it all, etc...I could go on and on! Love "Calderone's Return" and can watch both parts over and over, and still love it again and again! :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

I gotta agree with my neighbor Tony D. and give this one a 10 too.Voices really was a great tune for a great ep.And I agree the end death scene with the head bent backwards in the pool. 1st class!!!Great ep.

I was going to say the same thing. That death scene was brilliant, even when I watch it now I still react to it. When I watch t.v. and film I'm always looking at it from both sides, the story and the technical. It was a great shot,I would have loved to hear the conversation on set about how they were going to do that scene, and how the actor felt about it and his performance.

• 2 months later...

Calderone's Demise5. Calderone’s Return Part II (Calderone’s Demise)The last part to this mini story arc ends the same way it started. Absolutely perfect! The scene where Crockett and Tubbs are heading to the Bahamas is one of my all time favorite Vice scenes! Once again, a great Russ Ballard song “Voices†is used. The clips of Calderone further fuels the emotion and tension that both are feeling. Jimbo was a funny guy trying to hook of Tubbs and Crockett with some Jamaican grass. Tubbs pursuit of Angelina drives the first part of the episode with great scenes on the beach and her house. Jan Hammer’s tune “Angelina Flashback†is a superb piece and is a favorite of mine. Used great during Tubbs and Angelina’s scene but I still prefer it in the background of the final scene in Mirror Image (top 5 scene easily for me). Anyway, The chase through town was also a good scene. Exciting and great scenery. The masquerade party on the beach was also a fun and cool scene. “Voodoo Dance†in the background has a cool island feel to it. Makes you feel like you’re in Hawaii. The scene in Calderone’s house was very good also. Calderone basically telling Sonny yeah you may be a cop but I have so much money and power that I am basically untouchable. Now to the shootout scene, I could have done without Angelina’s repetitive screaming at the end. Maybe just one or two screams would have been bearable. I really wished that Tubbs would have been the one to kill Calderone. After all, it was his vendetta and the story arc belonged to him. Crockett killing him just didn’t mean as much. Calderone falling into the pool looked real staged but whatever. It is what it is. What a way to go out though. Once again, the use of Tina Turner with the final scene is spot on. Great ending to the episode and the season 1 Calderone saga. Son’s and Lovers is a good continuance of the story but Afternoon Plane…I’ll get to that later. Anyway, I once again have to say, superb episode. 10/10

• 3 months later...

As I didn't enjoy this episode so much as the previous one (Calderone's return part 1) I gave this episode a 7.Strong points:- the music- great footage of the speedboat heading to the Bahama's (as I remember correctly this was copied in Miami Vice the movie)- C&T showing a lot of skin. I don't think we'll get to see Tubbs in shorts again.- C&T at the party with masks on (funny!)- Angelina: strange haircut, nasal voice, but somehow I think she's THE woman for Tubbs- the dramatic yet satisfying end (bad guy finally gets killed, C&T get their 'revenge').Less stronge points:- the episode didn't feel "vicy" because it took place on the Bahama's. It reminded me a bit of a James Bond-movie all the time- the lack of the team at OCB- C&T wearing tourist clothes like these sort of Hawaiian blouses- the shadow of the helicopter that can clearly be seen in the airshot of the island- the nailpolish on Angelina's toe nails is red before she makes love to Tubbs and silver afterwards (Tubbs' magic?) :D