You know...

sonnyrico84

I live in Miami and a lot has changed, I know you guys know that but to me it really sucks this feeling of living here and seeing 3/4 of it all gone or changed really disappointing!! I wish it can go all back to normal!! For those that do live here, how do you feel when you get out of your house?? Do you see everything vivid and not how it's supposed to be?? with the shops, restaurants and every thing in the 80's??

I feel the same and I don't live in Miami its different from the 80s here too! There are 2 malls that have closed and they were in their primew in the 80s I mean those were the places to be and also the little kitchy places like Over Our Heads from Facts of Life I miss those kinds of shops too wish I had a time machine

Someone feels the same:) I don't know where you live my friend but i see you catch my drift!! I swear, every single episode i watch makes me feel like jumping through my tube!! Life sucks!!

• Administrators

I don't live in Miami but we traveled to Florida the past 3 years. I was afraid when we last stayed in Miami in december 2007. The skyline has completely changed compared to 2002, when I first went to Miami. Also in SoBe there's been a lot of change. But I think that's just the way it goes. Luckily the Art Deco District was preserved.

I think everything has changed since the 80's. Everything is more built up, some places you used to go to are now gone. Like where I live I miss the mom and pop stores. We still have a small amout but it's mostly the chain stores. Also more people have moved in and it is so crowded. I imagine it must be like this also in Maimi. I live by the ocean and in the summer you do not want to go on any main road, use the back roads. The tourists jam it up. The beach and board walks are also so different......I've never been to Miami and wish I have been. I've heard a few places that were used in Vice are still there yet others are gone or in the process of being tourn down and re-built to something so called better.

• Administrators

When I was growing up my family used to vacation in Longboat Key, Florida about 3 hours North of Miami on the other coast. I have a lot of fond memories of the places that I grew up seeing down there. Sadly, when I go back today, all of those places have been demolished and high rise condos are in their place. The cost of real estate is so expensive now, condos are all there are. I recently saw a for sale sign in one that said 1200 s.q.f.t. asking 2 mil. ???I think all areas are changing and it is not always for the better. Of course that is a matter of opinion thou.

Guest MetroVice

Yep, your right. Being from south Florida I spend a fair amount of time in Miami still and I was just thinking the other day how different the city is today from 20 years ago. The skyline truly has changed so much. Part of me missed the good ol' MV days while the rest of me just misses the 80's in general.If there were such a thing as time travel, one period I would visit would be the early to mid 80's in Miami (again). But I'm thankful to have been there when it all happened back in the day :cheers:Randy

yeah Id go back to the 80s and get stuff I couldnt afford back in the day LOL Memphis where I live has become a war zone just about every day someone is killed or attacked in some way and school fights are the norm I think there should be Martial Law here in Memphis

Friends, it's really bad down here!! They are building condos left and right!! Few weeks back i went fishing with a buddy over at Haulover and saw new condos being built!! I say in a few years people will have to move out Miami in order for the buildings to breath!! l0l

• Administrators

Time marches on and change is inevitable but when you visit here the 80s live on forever!