TOP GUN JACKET PATCHES!

COOPER&BURNETT

C&B, did you ever figure out what the patch with the arrow pointing to it is? I remember taking a stab awhile back. P.S. - Dig the Seventh Fleet patch. (I was there!)

The seventh fleet patch is genuine, not a reproduction. Getting harder to find!I never did find out what the little patch was, but I got a fan produced replica that looks somewhat like it. It was made so that fans like me could have all the patches for a jacket. It's not exact, but close enough (I suppose).

• 10 months later...
C&B' date=' did you ever figure out what the patch with the arrow pointing to it is? I remember taking a stab awhile back. P.S. - Dig the Seventh Fleet patch. (I was there!)[/quote']
The seventh fleet patch is genuine' date=' not a reproduction. Getting harder to find!I never did find out what the little patch was, but I got a fan produced replica that looks somewhat like it. It was made so that fans like me could have all the patches for a jacket. It's not exact, but close enough (I suppose).[/quote']Although I still don't know what the patch is, I believe it to be the logo of the NAVAL INSTITUTE. Compare.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildI can't believe I have spent so much time trying to figure out this patch, and the time involved in this project has taken many years......I still haven't found the perfect jacket for it, even though I own about 16 of those style of navy leather jackets. I want just the perfect one. .........Then comes the trouble in finding someone who will actually sew the patches on EXACTLY where I say. They have to have a special machine that can sew through heavy leather, and a patch at the same time. A normal sewing machine can't do it, it requires a specialty leather sewing machine.

• 1 year later...

Here's a really good replica of the jacket. With my research even though this is VERY cool, it's also about 97% screen acurate. Some of the patches are not the right color, or have very minute differences about them from the screen version. The little patch on the back top right hand side is the same replica patch I own, but it's still not the actual patch used on the movie jacket.It's the closest to the real deal I have found, as most are so bad, it's laughable. I still want it, and think perhaps I'll buy it. Pretty costly at $850.00 + shipping, but it's most likely worth it to me.Click below to see the jacket and description.http://www.cockpitusa.com/store/-Movie-Heroes-Top-Gun-Navy-G-1-Jacket.htmlEingefügtes Bild

Very :cool: Cooper.I luv this movie and my favorite actor Tom Cruise.

Yep! TOP GUN was a great 80's movie, and Tom playing "MAVERICK" was excellent. It's my favorite TOM CRUISE movie.Love the jacket too! :thumbsup:

• 8 years later...