Hilarious Answering Machine Message

Frey

• Administrators

Now that is great! :clap::clap::clap:About time someone told it like is was!They get an "A" in my book. Good for them. :thumbsup:

Love it!:D Hope no one got fired because of it.

They better not!!!I used to teach highschool and I can tell you that hits the nail on the head!I could tell you some tales, but I do not want to hog the thread, only to say that now that I am a college professor, I see that students have no study skills and do not accept stringent deadlines so therefore they fail! Geeeeeeeee....I wonder why? Highschools are NOT teaching the simple life skills like deadlines and responsibility to our children. (and I was chastized for doing so, thus my change in avocation)The education system is not doing anyone any favours by allowing this relaxed attitude of "I'll hand it in when I can" or "I THINK I'll go to class today...maybe" just doesn't cut it!

"If you want to hear this message in a different language, go to a country that speaks it."WHY, OH WHY can't WE have THIS message here in the U.S.!!! TOO MUCH SPANISH SPOKEN HERE! Everywhere I go in California, someone speaks spanish. Even billboards and special sections in stores have spanish written on products. :thumbsdown:We should not cater to this. If I go to a country that doesn't speak my language, They will not change for me, I'M to change going into their country. I need to learn a new language. I'm so sick of this!:evil:I too loved the message, but if it happened in the U.S., people would be fired. THAT's the difference unfortunately.:cry:

The message is really amazing!Here we have the same problems because parents blame the school for their kids' poor performance in class, or even worse, for their behaviour.I think it's for the new generations in general, it wasn't so common in the past because parents were more strict. When I was in high school whenever a teacher told my mum something that she didn't like (and I was a very good student), she would come home and put me in punishment on the basis that "I could do more". Some schools have tried to set up a text service to inform parents on cell phones about students absences, but I don't think that in the end the service was activated. Besides, students turn 18 when they're still at school (we finish high school at age 19) so legally they're no more under their parents' custody.

TOO MUCH SPANISH SPOKEN HERE! Everywhere I go in California' date=' someone speaks spanish. Even billboards and special sections in stores have spanish written on products. :thumbsdown:We should not cater to this. If I go to a country that doesn't speak my language, They will not change for me, I'M to change going into their country. I need to learn a new language. [/quote']Here we have all in Italian, except for the public services or emergency instructions that are also in English, because of tourists or foreigners that otherwise could be harmed.As for products labels we have to follow the European Community guidelines and therefore we must have ingredients and other info on the product in Italian, English, French and Spanish. These are mandatory; if the company plans on exporting for example to Japan it could add also the Japanese version.The European guidelines include passports as well, in fact mine has all the languages, including for example Portuguese and Irish.

• Administrators

I came across this the other day and thought it fitting to add to this topic.

Eingefügtes BildPrime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.' 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!' 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.' 'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.' 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted..'

I came across this the other day and thought it fitting to add to this topic.

Eingefügtes BildPrime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia' date=' as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.' 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!' 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.' 'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.' 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted..'[/quote']THAT......is exactly what I believe. :thumbsup:

WOW!Couldn't have said it better myself! Well done sir!It is true. I am so sick of political correctness and the obvious daring to offend anyone. I wish the leaders of other great nations had the balls to stand up and say these things as well.We are having these issues right now in Canada regarding the wearing of burkas and hiding faces ...even for drivers licence photos! WTF??? The police have outright caught men wearing this gard and doing unscrupulous things amongst our peacful neighbourhoods. This is not camoflague!!! It is a sign of repression against women!I was born in Canada, however my parents were immigrants. They came to this country to escape communist oppression. I empathise with many immigrants who also come to this land for a better life. What offends me is the ones that refuse to "ASSIMILATE" My parents assimilated and became proud Canadians and we lived a humble middle class existance.Many come to countries like Canada, The U.S., Australia or England to seek a better life, but the problem is a few can't leave their prejudices and their hardline beliefs behind. That is what the hell many run away from. Why bring your dirty laundry with you?