Don: By his sister.

Papa Legba

I recently posted a photo of Don with his sister when he was a small boy on C+B's thread here...http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=904&page=10A few members have been asking where I found the photo. It was from a 1988 "News of the World" two part article on Don based on an interview with his sister, Linda. The article would probably make most Don fans blood boil as Linda dragged up as much dirt on Don as she could (probably with the help of some embellishment by the newspaper involved). Some of our members have expressed an interest in seeing the articles, so I said that I would try and post them. Both articles are too big to scan all in one go, so I will have to post smaller installments.Eingefügtes Bild

Hey Papa Legba!!!!How are you? Thank You for posting this!!!! I saved it on to my computer, so that when you post the rest, I can read the whole article all together. Thank You!!!!And Thank You for clearing up my doubt about the "Theresa" episode & wether pool had been played in that episode or not. I was not so sure, but now I know.

DJ could really have ruined his life.....he's lucky to have people who care for him. Thank's for the article, Papa Legba. :thumbsup:

No problem guys...Eingefügtes Bild

Papa Legba!!!!This is great!!!! I'm saving them all on my computer in their own file. It's called the Don Johnson Articles provided by Papa Legba. I do really appreciate all the effort that you are putting into this.Thank You!!!!

If this story is true then it's pretty ironic' date=' considering what he ended up becoming famous for![/quote']It definitely is! :) In fact, I remember Don saying something about it in one of his interviews. You know, like he had been "at the other side" before... and his turning out to play a vice officer seemed rather ironic to himself. Of course he said in a careful way, it appeared to mean just that he had used drugs. And - thank you very much for posting the article, PapaLegba! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to the rest of it, if there is any.

I'm looking forward to the rest of it' date=' if there is any.[/quote']There is, bear with me though. I always live up to my promises. It's just a case of when, not if! ;)

His sister writes that it's amazing, after all he went through, he became a superstar as a hero against drugs.Sometimes people have to be in the dark before they can see the light! :baby:

Thanks a lot, PapaLegba! :thumbsup: I've been looking forward to the continuation of your reports... :)Very interesting stuff, though a bit shocking... Makes me wonder who's the bad guy here - Don, his sister or reporters? :confused:

Thanks for posting.How sad that she betrayed Don by giving all of those interviews just to gain fame for herself. That's a big no way to betray a family member by giving interviews usually for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I wonder if they ever reconciled?

Thanks for posting.How sad that she betrayed Don by giving all of those interviews just to gain fame for herself. That's a big no way to betray a family member by giving interviews usually for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I wonder if they ever reconciled?

I agree. Who knows exactly what's right and what's wrong in this story? She's got her side of the story and Don will have his. But there's something suspicious about a woman who says "I can't believe how low my brother would go, and if you pay me a lot of money I'll tell you and all the world all about it". You've also got to put this story in the context of his sister's situation. The article describes her as "a singer and a songwriter who has been struggling to make a name for herself for more than 15 years". It sounds like at one point, she and Don were struggling together. By this point, he's made it big and she hasn't. Sour grapes perhaps? Plus she sells out, and lowers herself to manipulate her sibling for easy money and to publicise herself. Even if what she says about Don is true, then at the very least she's equally as guilty of doing everything that she's accused him of!

Have to admit - when it got to "treating women" part, I started doubting if I really wanted to know this about DJ... I'm kind of sensitive about this "male chauvinism" stuff... :o But I'll get over it pretty soon, I suppose. :rolleyes:You're right, PapaLegba, we don't really know what's wrong or right here... (If it wasn't invented by reporters altogether :rolleyes:). I remember Don saying in some of his interviews about some nasty stories about him "being sold by a family member". :confused: He didn't say who, but... Please don't get me wrong, but I would unterstand Linda's bitterness about the described situation (it's betrayal all right, but who did it first?) and wouldn't be able to blame her much, assuming all said was true. :rain: The problem is I'm not so sure that it is. From what I've read about Don before it seems he is not the kind to forget friends (we can tell by a number of Vice actors appearing in "Nash Bridges", LOL). David Carradine said that Don ''always gave him credit" for choosing him for a part in "Kung Fu" show (big deal, huh?). And it's hard to imagine that he would shun his sister who helped him throughout many years (at least unless he had a very strong reason for that). It's not that I'm defending Don no matter what - no matter how much I like him as an actor (and a gorgeous God's creation :)), I realize that I don't know him as a personality, and he may be good or bad or whatever. It's just a kind of a detective instinct, you know... Something doesn't smell right but I don't know what exactly.