Pictures of CC Stinger

23bw

Found these pictures on my hard drive. A few years ago I saw this for sale on one of the online boat classifieds. Looks exactly like the MV Stinger except the radar arch is on backwards!

Anybody know why some Stingers have the radar arch backwards like this? Or is this the right way and MV's Stinger was mounted backwards?

The arch is definitely on backwards however this can be done easily just by reversing it...the bolt holes line right up.The newer boats of the 1990's vintage started to place radar arches on in the reverse mode. Fountain was one of the first boats to do this as well as others such as Sonic, Velocity and Sunsations not to mention the odd Sea-Ray. This is merely a way to make an eighties boat look like a ninties craft but quite frankly (IMHO) I like it stock ... the normal way!I have a friend with a Sonic which has the reversed arch and it looks rather weird to me??? Just my opinion...

post-35-13892962990067_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
The arch is definitely on backwards however this can be done easily just by reversing it...the bolt holes line right up.The newer boats of the 1990's vintage started to place radar arches on in the reverse mode. Fountain was one of the first boats to do this as well as others such as Sonic' date=' Velocity and Sunsations not to mention the odd Sea-Ray. This is merely a way to make an eighties boat look like a ninties craft but quite frankly (IMHO) I like it stock ... the normal way!I have a friend with a Sonic which has the reversed arch and it looks rather weird to me??? Just my opinion...[/quote']Wonderful info about the arch. You've cleared up one of the mysteries for me dating back as far as the late 80s. I absolutely agree the reverse arch just looks abnormal.

• Administrators

Nice pics! I like the Scarab but I have to admit there's just something about this boat from season 1 that I just love!

Me too!!! :)Although I love the KV, there are so many other little things that appeal to me about the Stinger. I like the grab rail around the perimeter of the hull on the Stinger as the KV has a "centre rail"The interior is much nicer in the Stinger (IMHO)I like the windshield better in the Stinger. The KV is just a splash shieldI can walk all the way around my boast on the gunwhales but the KV is not as wide in that area on some models.I love my sun deck and spend many hours on it tanning. The KV (depending on which model you look at )has no sun deck (with blowers on engines) or a smaller deck (boat with no blowers) and is not as compfprtable as mine.I like the swim platform on mine as well as both the KV and the Stinger in the show were void of this item? I guess Sonny didn't want to swim with the sharks?Now the technical stuff... The KV is as slightly shorter beam and I like my wide beam in my boat for stability and interior room. The "Drop down bolsters" are also more comfortable I think as they are higher and give good support on your back when driving in rough water. The KV is just a bit shorter (not much)Like I said...just a few items but I respect both boats and love them dearly in their own way.

• 4 weeks later...
Me too!!! :)Although I love the KV' date=' there are so many other little things that appeal to me about the Stinger. I like the grab rail around the perimeter of the hull on the Stinger as the KV has a "centre rail"The interior is much nicer in the Stinger (IMHO)I like the windshield better in the Stinger. The KV is just a splash shieldI can walk all the way around my boast on the gunwhales but the KV is not as wide in that area on some models.I love my sun deck and spend many hours on it tanning. The KV (depending on which model you look at )has no sun deck (with blowers on engines) or a smaller deck (boat with no blowers) and is not as compfprtable as mine.I like the swim platform on mine as well as both the KV and the Stinger in the show were void of this item? I guess Sonny didn't want to swim with the sharks?Now the technical stuff... The KV is as slightly shorter beam and I like my wide beam in my boat for stability and interior room. The "Drop down bolsters" are also more comfortable I think as they are higher and give good support on your back when driving in rough water. The KV is just a bit shorter (not much)Like I said...just a few items but I respect both boats and love them dearly in their own way.[/quote']Hmmm...I love my KV Scarab much more then the Stinger........Scarab is lighter, easier to trailer, smaller, FASTER, and gets more chicks!Just a little friendly ribbing!

same here, It just seems like the paint job on it is more reserved and modern. hence why I was so keen to get as many good shots of it when I did the great mcarthy for the boats section of the glosary, pity it fell through just like the Bren Ten for season two.