No Exit

miamijimf

Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:11am by airtommyStinger Missile Test This appears to have been filmed on the east side of Virginia Key, somewhere off of Arthur Lamb Road, in the same area as the final scene of "One Way Ticket". At one point there is a southward view down the coastline, and you can see a wooded part of Key Biscayne. Also, note the rock jetties extending out into the ocean (click here for a pic). Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:08am by DanJ I've been meaning to go out to Virginia Key beach to scope this out. It also looks to me like the same beach where C&T find Thurmond at the end of "One Way Ticket." Posted: 01 July 2007 at 7:33am by airtommySwitek + Zito play pool while on stakeout Ukulele Bar Inc 10950 Biscayne Boulevard Miami Posted: 01 July 2007 at 2:38pm by DanJI had this up in Location Trivia recently. "The Uke" also appeared in "Bad Timing."

Thought it'd be interesting to see how the area around 14th/Ocean by the Winterhaven has changed over the years:1.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Great pics Caroline!!!! Seems a bit more scenic than when used in the episode. Was this from your last trip?Thanks For Posting!!!!

Yes, they were taken 3 weeks ago. We've been saving screen shots this afternoon so I can tie them up with my own pics - glad you like them, Maria.

No Exit continuedEingefügtes BildAnd now on one side of the road:Eingefügtes BildAnd looking towards the public restrooms (didn't want to take too many pictures close up!)Eingefügtes Bild

Prefer the hotel non-pink!Eingefügtes BildAnd now:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Aaww!!! Caroline. This takes me back to when I used to live on the beach. Makes a bit homesick & nostalgic about the place that I was born, and where Miami Vice was born.Thank You For Taking Me Back Home!!!!

No Exit - teaserFrom winterhaven mezzanineEingefügtes BildNow, out of the same window:Eingefügtes BildAnd the actual filming area - the window to the left is the central one. The one facing you is the one Castillo speaks to Stan through at the start of the ep.Eingefügtes Bild

Aaww!!! Caroline. This takes me back to when I used to live on the beach. Makes a bit homesick & nostalgic about the place that I was born' date=' and where Miami Vice was born.Thank You For Taking Me Back Home!!!![/quote']I am glad you like them, Maria! I have more I am just trying to match up for this ep. I love the place too

Woah it's changed a lot, I don't know what to make of it. It looks cleaner now and more modern obviously, but I kind of prefer the colours from the 80's!Thanks Caroline :)

You're welcome, Fresh Prince. The buildings north of the Winterhaven have changed & look better for it. I think the beach layout has changed. I haven't been able to compare the pics until now as I've had them in different places. It still gave me a buzz being in the area as this is one of the eps I remember well from 1st time around.Sue

You're welcome' date=' Fresh Prince. The buildings north of the Winterhaven have changed & look better for it. I think the beach layout has changed. I haven't been able to compare the pics until now as I've had them in different places. It still gave me a buzz being in the area as this is one of the eps I remember well from 1st time around.Sue[/quote']That's probably where I'd head down too, as No Exit is one of my favorite episodes. Glad to see you've had fun there!

Prefer the hotel non-pink!Eingefügtes BildAnd now:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I wonder, if the neon - pink color of The Winterhaven Hotel in 1984 was the Vice team repainting that entire hotel for that teaser - after all many hotels were painted for the most briefest of scenes .After all, they always said "they painted a whole town for Don Johnson" in interviews recently...

I don't know whether the Winterhaven is seen from the outside in other eps (its used for Bushido from the same mezzanine window). Watching the close up on this PC today of the ep, (rather than on the tv in the corner of the room) when Crockett drives up, passing the hotel's terrace area, the paint job on the terrace walls looked a bit slap-dash. Maybe they had painted it recently (and quickly?)

I don't know whether the Winterhaven is seen from the outside in other eps (its used for Bushido from the same mezzanine window). Watching the close up on this PC today of the ep' date=' (rather than on the tv in the corner of the room) when Crockett drives up, passing the hotel's terrace area, the paint job on the terrace walls looked a bit slap-dash. Maybe they had painted it recently (and quickly?)[/quote']Sounds like it was painted especially for that episode teaser, then - like many interviews have suggested with crew and producers that they repainted many buildings for , sometimes, very brief scenes.:D

Court house scenes at the endAs they pull up in the car with Tony (Bruce Willis):Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildCourthouse steps: (there was no clear shot in this ep - this was the best I could get as screenshot)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is a matchbook cover from the Ukelele Bar where Swi and Zeto shoot pool while on stakeout.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6293[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892964632915_thumb.jpg