Board Issues

timm525

• Administrators

Hey Gang!Just wanted to provide you with a place where you can post any board issues you are experiencing.Any problems, post 'em here!Thanks,Tim

• Administrators

Hey Gang,It has been reported to me that after the security update a few days ago, some members have been experiencing problems logging in/out/board remembering me issues.This seems to be localized to members with Windows Explorer as a web browser.If this is happening to you, please try the following procedure as this corrected my log in problems for me.-Step 1: Close the Browser& Log off of www.miami-vice.ws-Step 2: Open Browser and clear all cache and cookiesEingefügtes BildClick on your internet browser and go to your home page.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildSelect your Temporary Internet Files and Cookies and delete them.-Step 3: Reboot System-Step 4: Open Browser and clear cache and cookies one more time Repeat the above steps again.-Step 5: Close and reopen Browser and test out the forum and see if are logged in from now on without being booted out.This worked for me and hopefully will work for you.Please let me know and report all problems here.Thanks,Tim

That took a lot of work for you to;1. Figure it out2. Post all the wonderful illustrations of our site with arrows and directions in a step-by-step format.Great work. I'm certain all your work will have been worth it.Thank you.

• Administrators

Did you try checking other web sites to see if it is just this one or is it with your internet connection?Also, you can check your speed to see if you are getting what you are supposed to at a test page.Click ---> here

I don't know about anyone else' date=' but everything is loading slooooooooooooooooowly for me. Almost as if I have dial-up, which I don't.[/quote']The site always loads very slowly for me, although we do have a reason. We only get 1 GB of data a month (well, two if you count the off peak) and I always use it up. However, sometimes when I use the internet and it's not slow this site is still a little slower than all the others.It could be my operating system, when I get some time I'll try it on my Mac and see how fast it is.For the record, I'm running Safari 4 on Windows Vista.

• Administrators
It could be my operating system' date=' when I get some time I'll try it on my Mac and see how fast it is. For the record, I'm running Safari 4 on Windows Vista.[/quote'] I use a Mac and I can say it's as fast as other internet sites.

On another completely unrelated note (and this is my final issue with the site, I swear), my Quick Reply box seems to have gone from my PMs! Where has it gone and how can I get it back?

• Administrators

Quick Reply box on your PMs??? :confused:Your PM box only has a reply and a forward button.The only quick reply box is at the bottom of a thread below the last post.Is that what you mean?

I swear before the last software update for the forum, there was quick reply box for PMs! In fact, over at the Depeche Mode forum (http://forums.depechemode.com if you're curious) which is using the same forum thingo as us (vBulletin) have quick reply with their PMs, as shown in this pic. Eingefügtes BildI know, that forum has the software before this one, but I kinda liked that quick reply box.

• Administrators

http://forums.depechemode.com if you're curious) which is using the same forum thingo as us (vBulletin) have quick reply with their PMs, as shown in this pic. Eingefügtes BildI know, that forum has the software before this one, but I kinda liked that quick reply box.

Hi Gina, we don't use the standard vB pm system. So you can't compare both forums. We installed an add-on for the pm system. I'll check the settings.

• Administrators

Hi jpm1,yes, I know that there are some german expressions.As vBulletin 4, the new version of our forum software, is coming, I won't fix little things like this, cause with vB4 we get a complete new software and layout. And then everything will be in english.

• Administrators

Logging InFor the past few days I have to login every single time I visit the site. I have repeatedly checked "remember me" with no luck.

• Administrators

No I didn't, I'll have to try it.On another topic, I miss the little check box at the bottom of every PM that would let me delete it. If I have a lot of messages to delete (which is quite often!) I find myself going back and forth to read them again to make sure I'm deleting the right one. It's easier to delete a PM right after reading it.

• Administrators

You all got a better brain then me, I can't recall all these missed features from the old PM system. CRS and all that...:eek:

• 5 years later...
  • Administrators

Lately the website has at times been so slow that it's almost unusable.  Is there an issue or is the problem at my end?

It's not you, it's the server. It seems like nothing but one problem after another this past year with the current host. 

• Like 1

Hi Tim, Kapi and Ferrariman.

I noticed since the crash many of the pictures are all gone such as the pics of the Stinger and the Endeavour.

Are they gone for good or would you like me to upload them again. I think I still have the write-ups somewhere as well explaining the boats.

Let me know if you need anything.

Edited by Stinger390X

• Administrators

Thanks for letting us know. I don't think they are gone forever and we are working to change servers in the very near future. I think Chris and James can best answer this question for right now.

Going foreward I will be back on the board more often and will be helping out with the server and background stuff again.

Hold off reloading them for now until we have exhausted our efforts.