Episode #4 "Hit List"

Ferrariman

21 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Looks like that little house was in the process of getting built, is it still there?

There is still an old house there, but idk if it’s this exact one—been a lot of storms since then. :) 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

There is still an old house there, but idk if it’s this exact one—been a lot of storms since then. :) 

Found a pic of it, probably had 50 new roofs in it's time:)

Cape Florida Lighthouse, Florida at Lighthousefriends.com

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

That Jim Zubiena quick draw scene is actually shown at a firearms classroom instruction session at the DEA academy.

So impressive.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Looks like that little house was in the process of getting built, is it still there?

Great picture — you can visit the lighthouse now in two hour intervals 4/5 days a week and see this house featured extensively in Season 5s “Hostile Takeover”.

• 5 months later...

My apologies if this has already been covered:

Does anyone know if the script actually said “vitamin C”, or did DJ just flub the line on the vitamin D Crockett was getting from the sun?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Does anyone know if the script actually said “vitamin C”, or did DJ just flub the line on the vitamin D Crockett was getting from the sun?

I’ve always laughed at this, and brought this up in my reviews of the episode. :) If the original script did say “Vitamin C”, then someone screwed up. :p It’s natural Vitamin D we get from the sun. :baby:

I just scanned through the draft script and didn't see any mention of Vitamin C (or D, for that matter). It's a 7/27/84 revision, so things might have changed between that one and the final. Of course, it also has Lou surviving and the hitman is called Armstrong (even though there's no Armstrong listed in the cast), so there's that to consider as well. Been a bit since I've watched this episode, so I don't remember exactly when the Vitamin C reference occurs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbie C. said:

I just scanned through the draft script and didn't see any mention of Vitamin C (or D, for that matter). It's a 7/27/84 revision, so things might have changed between that one and the final. Of course, it also has Lou surviving and the hitman is called Armstrong (even though there's no Armstrong listed in the cast), so there's that to consider as well. Been a bit since I've watched this episode, so I don't remember exactly when the Vitamin C reference occurs.

It’s when Crockett and Tubbs are messing with Linus Oliver…making him walk around out in the open. Crockett makes loud sarcastic remarks—about loving to walk around out in the sun, getting some good old Vitamin C…or something to that effect. It’s technically inaccurate, as the sun provides natural Vitamin D. ;)

Interesting that the original script had Lou surviving…must have been originally written before Gregory Sierra decided to leave the show.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

It’s when Crockett and Tubbs are messing with Linus Oliver…making him walk around out in the open. Crockett makes loud sarcastic remarks—about loving to walk around out in the sun, getting some good old Vitamin C…or something to that effect. It’s technically inaccurate, as the sun provides natural Vitamin D. ;)

Interesting that the original script had Lou surviving…must have been originally written before Gregory Sierra decided to leave the show.

That's an added scene. So I can't verify the line. In the draft I have they jump from the club to Linus trying to leave town/make a deal and then pretty much right to the nightclub scene. He doesn't appear to have any real exterior appearances aside from the stop I mentioned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

That's an added scene. So I can't verify the line. In the draft I have they jump from the club to Linus trying to leave town/make a deal and then pretty much right to the nightclub scene. He doesn't appear to have any real exterior appearances aside from the stop I mentioned.

Interesting! :thumbsup: I’m glad they decided to throw in a little extra of Linus, though…he kind of cracked me up! I actually wish he’d of lived, and become a regular recurring informant, instead of Noogie. But, that’s just me. ;) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Interesting! :thumbsup: I’m glad they decided to throw in a little extra of Linus, though…he kind of cracked me up! I actually wish he’d of lived, and become a regular recurring informant, instead of Noogie. But, that’s just me. ;) 

He was good, but another character who changed from the original. The script describes him as a "linebacker type," which our Linus certainly isn't.

• Haha 1

Just now, Robbie C. said:

He was good, but another character who changed from the original. The script describes him as a "linebacker type," which our Linus certainly isn't.

Nope…definitely not a “linebacker”. :)

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

"I like the sunshine, fresh air, vitamin C"

I think that was intentional with the writer because Sonny is the complete opposite of healthy living, he doesn't know one vitamin from they other and what they offer:)

Always makes me chuckle when he says it.

Edited by RedDragon86

12 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

Armstrong

Mendez refers to the hit man as “Ludavico Armstrong” in the interrogation room at the beginning of Calderon’e Demise (Return pt 2) —as you may already know. 

Edited by Dadrian

51 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think that was intentional with the writer because Sonny is the complete opposite of healthy living, he doesn't know one vitamin from they other and what they offer:)

Good point. I’ll buy that. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

There's also likely some kind of subtle joke because they're in Florida to go with all the sunshine and fresh air.  And oranges and orange juice, which are what people hear about all the time, have vitamin C.  That's why it's the first vitamin people think of, especially if you might not know the academic background between sun and vitamin D.

Sonny is so tanned he probably has all the vitamin D he needs for the rest of the decade, anyway.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Mendez refers to the hit man as “Ludavico Armstrong” in the interrogation room at the beginning of Calderon’e Demise (Return pt 2) —as you may already know. 

It's just interesting he tracks that way throughout the draft script, but isn't listed as such in the cast list.

• Like 2