Home Invaders

jpaul1

They realy did a great job making it look like a regular street. I bet the cars we see belonged to members of the crew that used their own cars to dress the set. I long suspected the location would be in the area of the studio but they really had me fooled doing it inside the studios gate.

They realy did a great job making it look like a regular street. I bet the cars we see belonged to members of the crew that used their own cars to dress the set. I long suspected the location would be in the area of the studio but they really had me fooled doing it inside the studios gate.

Fantastic work !:D

• 5 months later...

The restaurant seen at the end of "Home Invaders" and also featured in "Nobody Lives Forever" at 5850 Sunset Drive , South Miami opposite The Shops at Sunset Place is now an Irish Times pub and eatery :D:cool:Interesting as this was a Jjs in 1985 and was a Jjs up until quite recently with a subsequent name change ( Chicken Grill ) somewhere between - so must have changed hands. When I visited this location it was Chicken Grill in 2006 .JJs American Diner relocated to 1450 South Dixie Hgwy , Coral Gables.http://directory.cityvoter.com/irish-times-pub-and-eatery/biz/120155

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im putting some old photos of Wolfies together ( featured heavily in "Home Invaders" that I will post on facebook and then here . I will link cglide and miamijimf in as they are friends on my facebook - anybody else pm me .:D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Tail scene - Davis , Sunny Days /Biscayne and subsequent NE65th St in next scene:thumbsup: :done::D[ATTACH=CONFIG]8270[/ATTACH]

Nice shot of the motel!  I know I've driven by it many times but I don't think I even noticed it.  As can be seen in your photo, it's now called Hotel New Yorker.

The hotel's website has a bunch of photos:  http://www.hotelnewyorkermiami.com This night-time aerial shot is really cool:   https://instagram.com/p/3SMj8TEhnH/

I was recently watching "Hotel Impossible" (a show on Travel Channel where they renovate failing hotels) and this hotel was being featured.

Episode info:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2373321/

Full episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS8ixBGy4y0

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2010 at 2:50 PM, C Glide said:

I have just published this episode on my location web site, check it out. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

When Crockett is driving around at night, the third cut has not been identified yet. This occurs at 14:46-14:55, right after the long camera shot of "Wolfie's 21" (what a beautiful shot that is).

He is driving northbound on the 1600 block of Collins Avenue in Miami Beach.

Home_Inv1.png

Home_Inv3.png

Home_Inv2.png

Big Dollar Stores was located at 1664 Collins Ave (closed now):  http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-dollar-stores-miami-beach

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

When Crockett is driving around at night, the third cut has not been identified yet. This occurs at 14:46-14:55, right after the long camera shot of "Wolfie's 21" (what a beautiful shot that is).

He is driving northbound on the 1600 block of Collins Avenue in Miami Beach.

Home_Inv1.png

Home_Inv3.png

Home_Inv2.png

Big Dollar Stores was located at 1664 Collins Ave (closed now):  http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-dollar-stores-miami-beach

Great work - would love to find the store that Crockett and Castillo entered also  :D

On 12/2/2015 at 10:35 AM, Matt5 said:

Great work - would love to find the store that Crockett and Castillo entered also

Yes, that's a very interesting mystery.

On 12/13/2010 at 5:45 PM, CarolineUK said:

The scene which follows the night driving, is of Sonny and Castillo visiting the jeweller. I think this is on Washington Street - possibly opposite the Anchor used in LMD. There are several round windows on the building diagonally opposite which could fit - I'll have to have another look at my screen shots to verify this bit.

I looked for those arches near the old Anchor, but I couldn't find them.

I noticed that there is a blue street sign. Are blue street signs exclusively used at Lincoln Road Mall? I'm not sure. Since we see cars driving by the store, it would have to be just around the corner from Lincoln. I looked around but could not find those arches.

Home_Inv5.png

Here is a closer view of the entrance:

Home_Inv4.png

Edited by airtommy

Yes, that's a very interesting mystery.

I looked for those arches near the old Anchor, but I couldn't find them.

I noticed that there is a blue street sign. Are blue street signs exclusively used at Lincoln Road Mall? I'm not sure. Since we see cars driving by the store, it would have to be just around the corner from Lincoln. I looked around but could not find those arches.

Home_Inv5.png

Here is a closer view of the entrance:

Home_Inv4.png

Could it be Espanola Way perhaps ?! :D

I have not taken a look at that one in a while and I have better equipment now so I will try to take a look at this tonight when I am home. I remember suspecting this was Collins Ave the same area where Michael and Fiona go to get forged papers early in the series but I have not been able to confirm anything.

• Like 1

Could the arches seen in the bg be La Rumba Restaurant which we saw just a little earlier in the ep. That would put the store in the 20 blk of Collins which is the area I have long suspected. In BN False Flag, M+F go into 1905 Collins to get a fake ID and it is a similar vibe but not a match. Anybody have pics of the east side of Collins Ave. 20blk from the period as there is a new building there for a while now. La Rumba:

wpcfb61f51_05.jpgwpe9a51be7_05.jpg

• Like 2

Could the arches seen in the bg be La Rumba Restaurant which we saw just a little earlier in the ep. That would put the store in the 20 blk of Collins which is the area I have long suspected. In BN False Flag, M+F go into 1905 Collins to get a fake ID and it is a similar vibe but not a match. Anybody have pics of the east side of Collins Ave. 20blk from the period as there is a new building there for a while now.]

I lived in that area beginning of the nineties. On the east side of Collins Ave 20blk there were a lot of shops, mostly souvenir shops. Actually the whole block north of the Sasson hotel which was on the eastern corner of 20th and Collins was one shop next to the other. The screenshot of Jewellery shop entrance in Home Invaders fits to the area like I recall it, but unfortunately I have no photos of that time. That was a time when cameras pictures had to be developed and a roll of 24 or 36 pictures cost a fortune for a student budget.

But you could try to check the stills when Switek is crossing Collins in front of Sasson hotel in Hard Knocks. The shops north of Sasson could give a hint, although it was a night time scene.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Great idea. I checked and the store were generally correct but no exact matches. Also item like trees were missing so it is very unlikely this could be the location.

Hmmm, I wonder if this could have been one of those occasions where they took a location of proximity when they were filming at the studio and needed to film this scene so they hit some where near the studio. I don't remember looking up there for it. Maybe on N Miami Beach around that latitude.

On 12/4/2015 at 9:31 PM, C Glide said:

Also item like trees were missing so it is very unlikely this could be the location.

Oh yeah, that little tree behind Castillo. The jewelry store would be in one of the stores behind Switek, but we can clearly see there are no trees. Back to the drawing board <sigh>

Hard_Knocks.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2010 at 2:50 PM, C Glide said:

I took a screen capture of Mrs. Goldman's house where the Lt. and Sonny are waiting for the invaders. I increased the adaptive lighting greatly and can now see the unique shape of the house and that the street number appears at the far right of the screen on the wall all though I can't make it out. Maybe one of you can. It looks like a 1300 or 1400 blk address to me, possibly. I am hoping one of you sharp eyed detectives either recognize it or can now find it.

wp6f6cf856.png

As I look at this frame by frame, the number goes in and out of focus.  At times it looks like 13X, but at other times it looks like 53XX and even 83XX.  83XX would make the most sense, because then it could be very near the 8360 SW 114th Street house used earlier in this episode.  However, I think 53XX is the most likely address.  I played around with the exposure/brightness/contrast in two screen caps and came up with this:

Home_Inv8.png   Home_Inv9.png

If I had to guess, I would say 5340.  5340 N Bay Rd (on the western side of Miami Beach) is a definite possibility.  The house that was there in 1986 has been demolished and replaced.

Home_Inv10.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

The Palm Island house in this episode is 94 Palm Ave.

screen capture from Home Invaders:

Home_Inv14.png

2015 satellite pic:

Home_Inv13.png

1986 sat pic: 

Home_Inv12.png

1986 sat pic: 

Home_Inv11.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

The 1980/1986 pics are fuzzy but 56 Palm is either a vacant lot with just a foundation slab or an incorrectly shaped house (no twin balconies) & pool (no large pool patio).

This house (94 Palm) has been modified somewhat. The back roofline has an indentation in the middle, and it seems like it is greater today than in 1986. I thought, "Who the heck removes roof from a house?" Then I realized they actually extended the two balconies outward. Notice the single pillar in the MV screencap (blue circle) and the two pillars in the current sat pic.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1