Home Invaders

jpaul1

Home InvadersPosted: 27 September 2006 at 8:00am by airtommyScenes which have location clues: 1. Scoping out the house - 1400 N. View Dr. on Sunset Island - can also be seen in Give a Little Take a Little 2. Crockett drives at night - no ideas yet. I bet Cafe Iberia is gone, but does anyone know where it is/was? 3. Crockett talks at pool with Lt. Malone - I think this is Palm Island. It looks like one can see MacArthur Causeway in the background. But I don't see any Palm Island houses that match up on satellite. 4. Hair salon - Bal Harbour Shops - Crockett & Castillo's chase of Muriel Goldman is on the Broad Causeway (details below). 5. Night time chase where Vice squad loses the home invaders - He says, "East on Flagler Street", so we can be pretty sure it's not there. They go by Wolfie's a couple of times, so it's probably filmed mostly on Collins. I can't find anything on the Sunny Days Motel, which is prominently featured in this whole scene. 6. Final scene - JJ's American Diner - [correction] This was filmed at 5850 Sunset Drive in Coral Gables, a location which is now "Chicken Grill". JJ's American Diner has moved to 1450 S Dixie Hwy. Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:02am by airtommy The chase begins when Muriel Goldman exits Bal Harbour Shops. She goes between the two rows of trees and turns right onto Harding Ave (essentially the southbound part of Collins, which has split into two one-way roads here). Eingefügtes BildPresumeably, she makes an immediate right turn onto 96th St., though we don't see that. The next shot we see is on mainland Miami, on the other side of the Broad Causeway. We see a high-rise building (red X in my photo), and then the camera pans down to Muriel pulling up to an intersection. Crockett & Castillo pull up to her, and she panics and turns right. They go a short stretch on the causeway and then through the tollbooth (right edge of photo). Eingefügtes BildI think the toll booth area has changed since MV was filmed. It looks like a new tollbooth was built west of the old one. They pull her over at this building (you can see the wing of the building jutting out at about the 38:03 mark). Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 27 September 2006 at 11:10am by Matt5 Originally posted by airtommyScenes which have location clues: 2. Crockett drives at night - no ideas yet. I bet Cafe Iberia is gone, but does anyone know where it is/was? Im pretty sure this is around Collins/ Wolfies area and around where old Sasson Hotel was ( now Setai ) re. Sunny Days Motel - I am sure Ive seen this building on Biscayne Bvld heading up to North Miami when I went to Greenwich Studios. This is unconfirmed but it seemed to fit. The "Sunny Days" as then called was also featured in "Golden Triangle" Part 1 or 2 . I know that much. Posted: 27 September 2006 at 4:28pm by Tom71Matt is absolutely right with point 2. Crockett drives vis a vis the abandoned Sasson Hotel at 2001 Collins. This is were the neon signs "Burlesque", etc used to be (they also appeared in several eps like Streetwise, Give a little). They filmed "him" on the stretch between 20th and 21st street. I lived once in the area and recognized the spot right away. BTW: this is the scene where double Foxworth drove the car instead of DJ. Posted: 28 September 2006 at 4:58am by SOFLAJEREMYSunny days is now davis motel still on us1 Eingefügtes BildPosted: 28 September 2006 at 5:44am by airtommy Cool - Davis Motel 6500 Biscayne Blvd Posted: 29 September 2006 at 6:30pm by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyCool - Davis Motel 6500 Biscayne Blvd I did a search on Davis Motel - Miami -(also seen in "Golden Triangle Part 1") this came up - oh dear! Its ref a Miami Herald newstory from late last year when torrential rain forced a temporary move for residents from Overtown : From Miami Herald:"The city of Miami acknowledged the distance to the shelter was burdensome for some of the displaced and took $1,800 out of its local homeless assistance budget to house families in downtown Miami motels Tuesday and Wednesday nights.But some desperate evacuees were shocked at the deplorable conditions they found in one motel.About 40 people from an apartment complex condemned in Overtown were brought by bus to the Davis Motel, 6500 Biscayne Blvd., Wednesday evening. They said they found roaches crawling in the rooms, stained bed linens and some doors that didn't lock.They were greeted by a sign in the lobby that read, ``No hookers. No drugs. No visitors.''''The city is supposed to be helping, but they brought us to garbage,'' Posted: 29 September 2006 at 6:49pm by SOFLAJEREMYwow the bums are complaining what did they expect Posted: 16 October 2006 at 5:17am by DanJMATT5 that pic of Wolfie's is phenomenal! (EDITORS NOTE- PHOTO NO LONGER ON LINE) Whoever took that could name their price for it! Notice that the Gayety Burlesque by that time had become Deja Vu. As I remember, it was the only nudie bar in Miami Beach that didn't serve alcohol because of some zoning thing or whatever.Now, here's what Wolfie's looks like today:Eingefügtes BildSadly, the Gayety Burlesque building on the opposite corner is gone (Although I have some pic's of it just before it was torn down - including the upstairs interior - which I'm saving for a rainy day...). It looks to me as if the current construction project is preserving the walls you see in the picture above as part of the new development. They are being held up by metal beams from behind, and the new construction seems destined to be integrated with the remaining walls.Also, I noticed that the "Wolfie's" tile logo at the foot of the corner entrance is still there, hopefully being preserved as well. I will try and take a picture of that next week. Now, I can't help but wonder if the Wolfie's sign might have been saved and is destined to be put back up? (Sigh) We can only hope...Posted: 16 October 2006 at 2:35pm BY Matt5DanJ - I agree that is a great shot of Wolfies/ Collins Ave that I found . That block was the core of so many MV episodes inc. the Sasson Hotel opp ( now exclusive Setai) . What is the new project going to be a condo? Hotel? On the subject of old diners feat. in MV- under the Heart of Darkness thread Ive posted a new Pumperniks pic on there from an old postcard . Posted: 16 October 2006 at 3:17pm by DanJMy guess is that like so many development projects in Miami it will most likely be another - ugh - condo. It might be a mix of ground floor shops and living quarters above. Time will tell...One account I heard suggests that Burger King will occupy the old Wolfie's location but that is uncomfirmed. Imagine - BK serving pastrami sandwiches!I saw the Pumperniks postcard, which coincidentally I own a copy of. Thanks for the heads up!Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:43pm by airtommy Crockett grabs guy across table at Restaurant Iberia 763 Collins Avenue Miami Beach Eingefügtes BildJeremy posted that Iberia was the diner in "Brother's Keeper" where Crockett gave the bad news to Eddie's wife. Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:11am by airtommyOriginally posted by airtommy6. Final scene - JJ's American Diner - 1450 S Dixie Hwy Coral Gables Is this correct? Or was it 5850 Sunset Drive as stated here? Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:54pm by SOFLAJEREMYI will look up the address tonight, You can see a current photo of it by checking out the early cases of location triviaPosted: 18 April 2007 at 10:51pm by Matt5According to my notes the Chicken Grill / JJs American Diner is indeed 5850 Sunset Dr . When I went it was just going under the transition back to JJs from Chicken Grill. Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:06am by airtommyOK, I have updated my post with the correction. JJ's moved, and the address I had previously posted is the new location. Originally posted by airtommy3. Crockett talks at pool with Lt. Malone - I think this is Palm Island. It looks like one can see MacArthur Causeway in the background. But I don't see any Palm Island houses that match up on satellite.I'm convinced this is Palm Island. I see a few weak suspects, but no perfect matches. I am wondering if the house has been demolished or significantly altered. Posted: 21 January 2008 at 5:22am by ifv93What about the house in the teaser? Anybody have any guesses as to where this may be? I think it may actually be in the Venetian Islands but I don't recall seeing any water when they showed the backyard of the house. Posted: 21 January 2008 at 5:41am by SOFLAJEREMYNo it is def. not on the water No idea where it is all I know is a very small front yard and very good sized backyard

Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:38pm by ifv93We also know that the pathway to the house is at an angle to it as we can tell when the door is opened at the very begining. At the end of the pathway there's a small wall perpendicular to it. As for the house itself, it is two stories right in the center (living room, kitchen, dining room) and it opens up to a backyard witchi is covered in concrete for about 1/3 of the way and it contains a pool. However, just outside of the sliding doors it is covered by a permamnet aluminum awning. The rest of the backyard is just grass. All other parts of the house appear to be one story tall. We do not see a driveway at all but we can say that considering the wall along the pathway, there is probably a garage behind it. Hopefully, we get lucky. Let's start by the neighborhood, any guesses? Posted: 22 January 2008 at 4:14am by SOFLAJEREMYthe driveway is right at the front door when she opens the door we see the driveway covered by a cheap awning and canvas carportPosted: 22 January 2008 at 6:05am by airtommyNeedle in a haystack . . . (of course, same was true of Scotty Wheeler's place) Posted: 22 January 2008 at 3:33pm by SOFLAJEREMY I think the biggest clue is the very short front yard but large wooded yard, funny that you mention scotty wheeler because thats an area that does have large backyards. Posted: 26 January 2008 at 5:51pm BY IFV93What about this house? The backyard fits, I don't know about the pool shape though, maybee the facade was altered though. http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.n8zn0589n9r1_Home%20Invaders%20Teaser%20possibility___&encType=1Posted: 22 May 2008 at 6:28pm by DaytonVicerNear the valet station in the scene at the Bal Harbour Shops, a table umbrella baring the Coco's logo is seen. I found this bit of trivia interesting, from a 1997 article in the Miami New Times:Coco's opened on the first level of Bal Harbour Shops in 1978. Eighteen years later the landlord suddenly refused to renew the restaurant's lease. Instead, proprietor Lori Migicovsky (daughter of the founding owners, David and Tootsie Migicovsky) was offered a new space on the second floor. The mall's ownership had two things in mind: a more upscale restaurant tenant on the first floor, and a lure for shoppers on the upper level. Not at all eager to move away from her client base, Migicovsky grudgingly took the deal.

• 9 months later...
I have just published this eoisode on my location web site, check it out. I took a screen capture of Mrs. Goldman's house where the Lt. and Sonny are waiting for the invaders. I increased the adaptive lighting greatly and can now see the unique shape of the house and that the street number appears at the far right of the screen on the wall all though I can't make it out. Maybe one of you can. It looks like a 1300 or 1400 blk address to me, possibly. I am hoping one of you sharp eyed detectives either recognize it or can now find it. Anyhow enjoy the new page on my site. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net Eingefügtes Bild

Also, I realized that the old couples house in the middle of the episode, 56 Palm Ave., is the same house with younger couple,that Castillo smashes his way into at the end of the episode.

Also' date=' I realized that the old couples house in the middle of the episode, 56 Palm Ave., is the same house with younger couple,that Castillo smashes his way into at the end of the episode.[/color']

great job!The house is definetely the right one. They have built an additional building alongside the pool since then (compared to the scene where Crockett and Malone stand on the westside of the pool) but the 4 cornered edge-shape of the pool including the columns and the Mac Arthur Causeway in the background are proof.P.S. the housenumber of Mrs. Goldman looks like 1340 or 1345 to meP.P.S. wasn´t JJs at 5850 Sunset Drive (not 6850)?

• 3 months later...

Hotel at night locationI've been looking for the location of the hotel where Sonny stops after he has visited the Iberia restaurant and while Castillo is looking through endless files. It had been guessed by Jeremy on his site that it was in South Beach: I now think the hotel reception may be that of the Clay Hotel on Espanola Way (the one used as Noogie's apartment in Cool Runnings and where C&T met Trini in My Brothers Keeper). I have attached screen captures and pictures of the hotel as it is now. There seems to be a window on Sonny's right hand side as he leaves the building. In one of the pictures of the Clay, there is a window or a door there (the reception desk has been moved from its 80s location). The road outside, when Sonny pauses as he leaves, appears to be fairly quiet so it wouldn't have been nearby Washington Avenue. Espanola Way at that time hadn't become a pedestrian way as it is mainly now hence why Sonny's car is parked opposite the entrance (see teaser of Borasca for better shot of the street). BTW when Sonny is driving previously past Wolfies, he also passes the Senator (now demolished) and the Marlin which is opposite its location, and they aren't too far down the road to the Clay. Maybe the production team used the Clay yet again for this brief, wordless scene?http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/?action=view&current=hotel1.jpghttp://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/?action=view&current=hotel2.jpghttp://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/?action=view&current=hotel3.jpgI think the reception desk might have been where the blue sofa is situated on the right of the picture:http://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/?action=view&current=clayhotel3.jpghttp://s988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/suzyuk111/?action=view&current=clayhotel.jpgThe scene which follows the night driving, is of Sonny and Castillo visiting the jeweller. I think this is on Washington Street - possibly opposite the Anchor used in LMD. There are several round windows on the building diagonally opposite which could fit - I'll have to have another look at my screen shots to verify this bit.

The Clay' date=' interesting idea. That had not crossed my mind. I will have to take another look at it with that in mind.[/quote'] I thought I was onto something but MiamiJimF wasn't wholly convinced so tonight my daughter & I have sat here watching the scene and taking more screen captures ... as Crockett walks out, you can possibly see a wall which we believe is the one by Lummus Park. I heard the wall was moved after the 80s to its current site. We've been trying to find old pictures of the area to home in on the Ocean Drive hotel he visited. Will let you know how we get on!

MiamiJim, thanks for confirming that Sonny is walking out onto Ocean Drive. I've been looking at buildings along the street, which face directly onto Lummus Park and which have a small piece of wall in the lobby between the main entrance door and the window to Sonny's righthand side. One contender is the Crescent Hotel, next door to the Penguin hotel. I've searched all over the 'net for interior shots of the lobby - I found one but it isn't conclusive. I think by the size of the lobby area, it was one of the smaller hotels (now known as boutique hotels). Of course, it might have been one of the buildings swept away by bulldozers before the Preservation League gained stength ...

You all have inspired me to take another look, and it has payed off. Picture 1, yes it is on Ocean Drive. Picture 2 distinct design on front porch wall. This indicates that it is not the Crescent. Picture 3 circular design in wall that I had overlooked which ended up being the final evidence needed to confirm the location as... drum roll..... The Casablanca South Beach with the Park Central seen in the background as Sonny walks out. 650 Ocean Dr.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

You all have inspired me to take another look' date=' and it has payed off. Picture 1, yes it is on Ocean Drive. Picture 2 distinct design on front porch wall. This indicates that it is not the Crescent. Picture 3 circular design in wall that I had overlooked which ended up being the final evidence needed to confirm the location as... drum roll..... The Casablanca South Beach with the Park Central seen in the background as Sonny walks out. 650 Ocean Dr.[/color']Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Well done! I'd discarded the Crescent then started to think the hotel location was the bulldozed Revere :clap: :clap:

Great Charlie. That's a lesson to me, when viewing a scene I need to slow down and go frame by frame. Details like the ornate stone walls on Ocean Dr. become visible.

Yeah I have to keep learning that lesson, it's not easy but I can't count the times I will look at something multiple times, see there are not any clues and have to remind myself to slow down and look closer because there is always a clue and I must be missing it. After convincing myself there is a clue there that I am missing I often find the clue that gives the location away because I had passed by the clue. In this case I had already narrowed the location down and went back to look for the circles in the wall to verify. Only then did I see them on the wall. I would have sworn they were not there earlier.

During Sonny's driving scene, before he stops at the hotel, he passes Wolfies several times, the Grey Stone hotel/Ginos restaurant. All his driving appears to just be on Collins Avenue. The location of the Washington Cameras store is still unknown but I am wondering whether it is on the opposite side of the road to Wolfies. I've watched other eps to try to see Collins between 19th & 21st but MV used scenes filmed in LA (as per airtommy on C Glides' site) so there aren't that many to work from. Heading south, wolfies is on the righthand corner (SW) of 21st with bars & Gayety vaudeville down the block to 20th. On the opposite (SW) corner - still going south - is the Greystone hotel, Ginos (the alley used in Little Prince & now known as Vita) then the Peter Miller hotel.Going south (but looking on the lefthandside of the road), after 21st St, I'm not sure if this is the area which was used for the scene that includes Washington Cameras, because Sonny passes an open space before coming to that stretch of road. And there is still an open parking area there. I know it can't be the SE corner at 20th because that was used in Give a Little Take a Little, the electronics shop where Gina & Trudy were streetwalkers (now the Atrium store).If anyone knows that area of Collins before it was knocked down for the building of the Setai hotel, please let me know as we might (fingers crossed!) have found another location.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Looks like they either have made or are in process for some significant renovations on the house scouted in Home Invaders. You know the one with the rollerblader in the blue 2 piece bikini. :happy: Just pan left in street view. And from the show it seemed the house was set further back from the street to me. http://goo.gl/maps/KESY5

Looks like they either have made or are in process for some significant renovations on the house scouted in Home Invaders. You know the one with the rollerblader in the blue 2 piece bikini. :happy: Just pan left in street view. And from the show it seemed the house was set further back from the street to me. http://goo.gl/maps/KESY5

Good information thankyou :D

There was a house behind her?? I had no idea.... :):p

I think I was on my 10th time watching this scene before I noticed anything else, even a big house. ;)

• 1 month later...

Location found: Home invaders drive by Stan after leaving their hideout. Filmed by the studio on NE 121st Street.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Remarkable :clap: