Home Invaders

jpaul1

LOCATION FOUND: The exclusive coiffeur - CAMI Salon, 2nd floor of Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Ave

My original hunch where the hair salon was, was a very good guess, but not the real one. The daily location sheets of 14/15 Feb 1985 reveal that they filmed it at a real hair salon at Bal Harbor at the second floor. The first day they filmed the montage scenes of hairdressing, the second day the other scenes with Gina and the receptionist (which apparently was Cami himself).

I did not find a sunbiz business entry for that salon, but I found out that the salon still exists in South Beach. Further scrutiny revealed that the current owner, William (Billy) Ruiz learned as an apprentice with Cami, the owner of the Bal Harbor shop and opened his own salon with the same name in honor of his late mentor in South Beach, see evidence and the dailies of 14/15/20 February below.

The script of this episode even indicates that the gray haired guy at the reception was the real Cami playing himself. The other sheets -only covering 3 out of 7 days of filming do not present any news. The night scenes with the tail around the corner at the motel were filmed on 20 February, but there is no indication of the day scene in the Ferrari with Crockett and Castillo.

https://www.camisalon.com/

http://voyagemia.com/interview/meet-billy-ruiz-cami-salon-spa-miami-beach/

Case closed. ENJOY!

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-20 um 08.53.13.png

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-20 um 08.54.59.png

Home invaders 14 Feb85 Kopie.jpeg

Home invaders 15Feb85 Kopie.jpeg

Home invaders 20Feb85 Kopie.jpeg

Cami salon.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3