Uncut version of "By Hooker by Crook"

Stinger390X

• Administrators

I've got the original broadcast on VHS tape, unfortunately I don't have a working VCR anymore!

hot!i love steve winwood, but i had to laugh at the fact that even though he was singing in english, i translated about as many of his words as i did from the dialogue :)great scene. great song. thanks for posting.

I've got the original broadcast on VHS tape' date=' unfortunately I don't have a working VCR anymore![/quote']I too have the original broadcast....but on beta. :cry:

in the German version this scene (originally 2:38) lasts around 1:40. I didn´t measure the US DVD version, but my memory says there are approx. 20-30 seconds missing.This issue shows what 20 years means in terms of broadcast standards and public acceptance respectively. Following the policy NBC applied 20 years ago, series like CSI would have to be banned completely from screen.For my eyes, the intercuts in these scenes, especially the one where Ali´s head falls onto the table and then Christine´s heads falls on Crockett´s breast, are just very good editing/directing work but no public offense. We have to bear in mind that this was the second editing fight of the MV producers with NBC. The first was the scene with Iggy Pop and DJ in "Evan" two years earlier that has been cut completely. Interestingly, I found out just recently that scene was probably cut because there was a dominatrix named Velvet involved who smashed a torture rack on a customer (according to Camille Sands who played Velvet) during or before DJ questioned Iggy Pop. Although for me this was no solid reason to cut (MV was no kid´s program and broadcast at 10pm!), I gotta admit that the producers tested how far they could go for the mid 80s and probably tried on purpose to garner attention with such scenes. Retrospectively speaking they fully reached their goal. It took us twenty years to find out what was cut and why and that makes MV an even bigger rarity ...

• Administrators

I seem to remember the love making scene between Tubbs & Valerie at the end of "The Prodigal Son" also coming under fire by the censors. It was supposed to be edited for the rerun. Don't know if it ever was or not?