Moondance Alexander

crocketsgrl

I finally found it and watched it in the car on the way to Ga it was opoo good thanks for recommending it, CG! !!!

You are so welcome hime. I didn't watch what Michael said. I know he wrote it with his daughter and it's based on a true story and directed it too. They had a lot to do with the movie and I believe DJ is friends with Michael....Gald you found it, glad it was sold out!

You are so welcome hime. I didn't watch what Michael said. I know he wrote it with his daughter and it's based on a true story and directed it too. They had a lot to do with the movie and I believe DJ is friends with Michael....Gald you found it' date=' glad it was sold out![/quote']It sounds like I should check this one out......

Margaret, Andrea, and I watched it together. Sweet movie, and Don has a bigger and better part than I expected. Kay Panabaker is really good as Moondance. The best scenes are between her and Don's character, Dante Longpre. My favorite line is when Moondance says to Dante, "You're still a cool dude with a lot to offer." :clap: True True;) When she said that line, I immediately thought to myself that Michael Damian put that in there in reference to Don. Michael Damian and his wife, Janeen, wrote the script together based on her childhood experience. They talked about that in the 'extras' on the DVD. The movie was released in October 2007, where they had the premiere. It was not picked up by a studio for wide release and went straight to video.Here's the link to the movie/dvd website--http://www.moondancealexanderdvd.com/Here's the link on the IMDB website--http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0828065/Sorry, if this is already posted. I don't see that it has been posted.

It sounds like I should check this one out......

Jonny you should check it out. Who was the guy in the group that said DJ plays grumpy men..lol...Well he is in the beginning but has reason to be with unfinished problem from the past. Watch it and you'll find out. It's a good movie but a family movie, no action, cops or things like that but it's truly well done and enjoyable.....

Jonny you should check it out. Who was the guy in the group that said DJ plays grumpy men..lol...Well he is in the beginning but has reason to be with unfinished problem from the past. Watch it and you'll find out. It's a good movie but a family movie' date=' no action, cops or things like that but it's truly well done and enjoyable.....[/quote']I'll be damned. The video store had it all rented out... I'd still like to find my favourite DJ movie on DVD one of these days...

I'll be damned. The video store had it all rented out... I'd still like to find my favourite DJ movie on DVD one of these days...

Jonny, try amazon.com. I got all my DJ movies there and young Dj films too....I opened a thread on here about fav DJ movies.

Hey, Sue - this is maggie (aka maggievice84, aka Margaret, Bonnie's friend)! We all - Bon, Andrea and myself - watched Moondance Alexander and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Yes, I agree, Don made this for his kids! Your enthusiasm for Don is so uplifting, as we love him so much, too. We are fortunate to have so many positive memories of him and his career. Bon does all the "work" with the posting of stories/pics, but it is a "labour of love", believe me. Take care......

Hey' date=' Sue - this is maggie (aka maggievice84, aka Margaret, Bonnie's friend)! We all - Bon, Andrea and myself - watched Moondance Alexander and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Yes, I agree, Don made this for his kids! Your enthusiasm for Don is so uplifting, as we love him so much, too. We are fortunate to have so many positive memories of him and his career. Bon does all the "work" with the posting of stories/pics, but it is a "labour of love", believe me. Take care......[/quote']Maggie thank you for the complement. I'd love to stop over 3 thousand miles from my home and watch all of DJ's movies and make comments:DLook at you pictures and slide them into my pockets, just kidding....no really it would be so much fun. Watching MV, his movies and NB's I have the burned bootleg DVD's from VHS. But what a blast we would have! I'm so glad you enjoyed this movie. I wasn't sure of it when I first heard about it but I watched it and fell in love again, with him and the movie..lol......

• 2 years later...

I found this movie on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0wtaN7aXEQ and I really enjoyed it, both as a DJ fan and as a horse rider (it is my passion).I loved the story and the characters too. Of course it is mainly for children, but I adults can have a good time too. And DJ seems to be a good rider, even if we don't see him ride a lot.